INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best TV Shows Of The 60's And 70's  (Read 46624 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Best TV Shows Of The 60's And 70's
« on: June 08, 2005, 12:22:58 pm »

Some Of My Favorate TV Shows Come From Back In The 60's And 70's

I Got These Last Month

1. The Twilight Zone (Seasons 1 & 2)
2. Gilligans Island (Seasons 1 & 2)
3. Lost In Space (Seasons 1, 2 & 3)
4. Hogans Heroes (Season 1)

Today I Got From Amazon.com

1. The Outer Limits (Seasons 1 & 2)
2. UFO (25 Shows, Complete)
3. Night Gallery  (Season 1)
4. The Prisoner (17 Shows, Complete) Staring Patrick McGoohan)

If You Have Never Seen Them You Should Take A Peak At Them.

See The Discriptions Below

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Best TV Shows Of The 60's And 70's
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 12:23:27 pm »

The Prisoner

Many May Have Never Had The Pleasures In Seeing This Show But If You Like To Mess With Peoples minds This Show Will Help.

If a top-level spy decided he didn't want to be a spy anymore, could he just walk into HQ and hand in his resignation? With all that classified knowledge in his head, would he be allowed to become a civilian again, free to go about his life? The answer, according to the stylish, brilliantly conceived 1960s British TV series The Prisoner, is a resounding no. In fact, instead of receiving a gold watch for his years of faithful service, our hero (played by Patrick McGoohan) is followed home to his London flat and knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds himself in a picturesque village where everyone is known by a number. Where is it? Why was he brought here? And, most important, how does he leave?
As we learn in Episode 1, Number 6 can't leave. The Village's "citizens" might dress colorfully and stroll around its manicured gardens while a band plays bouncy Strauss marches, but the place is actually a prison. Surveillance is near total, and if all else fails, there's always the large, mysterious white ball that subdues potential escapees by temporarily smothering them. Who runs the Village? An ever-changing Number 2, who wants to know why Number 6 resigned. If he'd only cooperate, he's told, life can be made very pleasant. "I've resigned," he fumes. "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own." So sets the stage for the ultimate battle of wills: Number 6's struggle to retain his privacy, sanity, and individuality against the array of psychological and physical methods the Village uses to break him.

So does he ever escape? And does he ever find out who Number 1 is? "Questions are a burden to others," the Village saying goes. "Answers, a prison for oneself." Within this complete 17-episode set (which contains the entire series), all is revealed. Or is it? --Steve Landau

Description
The Prisoner, one of the most remarkable and challenging science fiction series of all time, follows "No. 6," a former government operative sent into a seemingly idyllic but twisted prison known as "The Village," where he struggles to retain his identity in the face of sophisticated and relentless attempts by the powers-that-be (known as "No. 2") to extract his secrets. Patrick McGoohan's complete classic 17-episode TV series is presented in the fan-preferred viewing order, which follows events and dialogue within each story to provide a consistent and enjoyable viewing experience.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 12:24:13 pm »

UFO

UFO was Gerry Anderson's first live-action TV series after a decade of producing such children's animated classics as Stingray (1963) and Thunderbirds (1964). The premise of UFO, which ran for a single season of 26 episodes in 1970, was like a more serious version of Anderson's Captain Scarlet (1967): in the near future of 1980, a high-tech secret organization, SHADO, waged covert war against mysterious alien attackers. Ed Bishop played the American head of SHADO--he had been previously featured in Captain Scarlet and Anderson's Doppelganger (1969)--though in all other respects this was a thoroughly British production. As with all Anderson series, UFO evidenced remarkable technological inventiveness and groundbreaking production values, coupled with startling lapses in fundamental logic too numerous to list.
Much more adult in story and content than earlier Anderson productions, and surprisingly dark with its pragmatic view of human nature and downbeat endings, the show now seems like a forerunner of The X-Files and the equally short-lived Dark Skies (1996). Barry Gray's memorable theme and atmospheric music greatly enhanced the overall impact. Stylishly made, though terribly sexist by current standards and featuring eye-catching costumes more fitted for a campy dress party than the front line of a futuristic war, this cult classic eventually evolved into Space 1999 (1975).

The UFO DVDs have been beautifully designed and produced. The mono sound is exceptionally strong, and the restored and remastered picture is almost unbelievably good for a 1970 TV show. With barely a flaw anywhere, the episodes look so clear, colorful, and detailed that they could have been filmed last week. This four-disc box features the first 13 episodes: "Identified," "Computer Affair," "Flight Path," "Exposed," "Survival," "Conflict," "The Dalotek Affair," "A Question of Priorities," "Ordeal," "The Square Triangle," "Court Martial," "Close Up," and "Confetti Check A-OK." --Gary S Dalkin

Description
Head back to the future with SHADO! The year is 1980, and earth is under attack from a mysterious race of aliens. Their origins are unknown, their goals unclear. But they are capturing humans to harvest their organs. In a lead-lined bunker 80 feet beneath a London film studio, the members of SHADO (Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organization) strive to save the otherwise helpless planet. Led by the dedicated Commander Ed Straker, SHADO recruits the finest agents from every nation. From a secret moon base and a fleet of submarine interceptors, they deploy an incredible arsenal of high-tech weapons to stop the extra-terrestrial invaders.

The first live-action series from legendary producer Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds, Space: 1999), UFO features the same innovative sci-fi sensibility and extraordinary special effects as his cult-classic "super-marionation" shows. This set includes the following episodes: Identified, Computer Affair, Flight Path, Exposed, Survival, Conflict, The Dalotek Affair, A Question of Priorities, Ordeal, The Square Triangle, Court Martial, Close Up, Confetti Check A-OK.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 12:36:19 pm »

The Outer Limits (Orginal)

From the moment Vic Perrin's omniscient "Control Voice" first proclaimed, "There is nothing wrong with your television set," on September 16, 1963, The Outer Limits was destined for greatness. The dazzling, long-beloved series was a daring experiment in "omnibus" TV, trading the speculative fantasies of The Twilight Zone for farther-out sci-fi concepts. Producers Leslie Stevens and Joseph Stefano had risen as gifted writers from (respectively) Broadway and Hollywood; Stevens rebounded from his previous canceled series, while Stefano had scripted Hitchcock's Psycho and was eager to expand his creative horizons. With an executive order for scary monsters and cold war thrills, their fruitful symbiosis was preceded by the superb Stevens-directed pilot "Please Stand By," named after the series' once-proposed title and changed to "The Galaxy Being" for its broadcast premiere.
Cliff Robertson launched an impressive succession of guest stars, and on meager, oft-exceeded budgets of $120,000 per episode, The Outer Limits became a showcase for shoestring ingenuity. The "blue ribbon crew" (as Stevens called it) included cinematographer Conrad Hall, whose Oscar®-winning skills were honed on the series' cramped TV-studio sets. Packed onto four double-sided DVDs, these 32 episodes (out of a total 49) comprise the series' dynamic first season of moody, frequently paranoid black-and-white adventures. Repeat performers Martin Landau, Robert Culp, and Sally Kellerman excel (respectively) in the fan-favorite episodes "The Man Who Was Never Born," "The Architects of Fear," and "The Bellero Shield" (and who can forget the insect-like menace of "The Zanti Misfits"?). There are a few clunkers, of course, but the series' quality (and parade of monsters) is remarkably consistent, and DVD compression does not compromise its technical achievement. These eerily seductive shows invite repeated viewing, supporting Stephen King's oft-quoted remark that The Outer Limits was "the best program of its type ever to run on network TV." --Jeff Shannon

Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 12:40:37 pm »

Twilight Zone

Submitted for your approval: The Twilight Zone's inaugural season, all 36 episodes complete with Rod Serling's original promos for the following week's episode, not seen since their original broadcast. To discuss television's greatest anthology series whose title has become pop culture shorthand for the bizarre and supernatural is to immediately become like Albert Brooks and Dan Aykroyd in Twilight Zone: The Movie; a can-you-top-this recall of famous shocks and favorite twists. Several essential episodes hail from this season, among them, "Time Enough at Last" starring Burgess Meredith as a bespectacled bookworm who is the lone survivor of an atomic blast; "The After-Hours" starring Anne Francis as a department store shopper haunted by mannequins; and the profoundly disturbing "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street," in which fear and prejudice turns neighbor against neighbor (and, by the by, whose alien observers inspired Kang and Kodos on The Simpsons).
From an unsettlingly persistent hitchhiker to a malevolent slot machine, The Twilight Zone's first season did plumb "the pit of man's fears." One forgets how moving the series could be. Three of this season's most memorable and enduring episodes are the poignant and primal "stop-the-world-I-want-to-get-off fantasies, "Walking Distance," "A Stop at Willougby" and "The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine," in which desperate characters seek refuge in a simpler past. Serling's few stabs at comedy ("Mr. Bevis," "The Mighty Casey") have not aged well, but the series finale, "A World of His Own," starring Keenan Wynn as a playwright whose fictional characters come to life, has a brilliant capper. The episodes are more deliberately paced than one might remember. Less patient younger viewers might be anxious to get to the payoffs, but once they settle into the rhythm, they will savor the literate writing and the performances by such veteran actors as Ed Wynn, Everett Sloan, and Ida Lupino, and newcomers such as Jack Klugman. The extras, including the unaired version of the pilot episode, "Where is Everybody?", audio commentaries and recollections, and a Serling college lecture, truly take this six-disc set to another dimension. --Donald Liebenson
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 12:50:05 pm »

I did buy some newer shows Like Law and order, Law and order Criminal Intent, Law And Order SVU, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek (Original) On DVD (Going To Give All My Originals On VHS to Someone I Know)

Two Movies I Bought And Watched In The Past Month And I Recommend Highly Is "Pitch Black" And "The Chronicles Of Riddick" Both Of Them Are Very Good Movies And "Vin Diesel" Stars In Both.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 12:55:29 pm »

Night Gallery

Night Gallery was creator-host Rod Serling's follow-up to The Twilight Zone. Set in a shadowy museum of the outre, Serling weekly unveiled disturbing portraiture as preface to a highly diverse anthology of tales in the fantasy-horror vein. Bolstering Serling's thoughtful original dramas were adaptations of classic genre material--short stories by such luminaries as H. P. Lovecraft, Fritz Leiber, A.E. van Vogt, Algernon Blackwood, Conrad Aiken, Richard Matheson, August Derleth, and Christianna Brand. Variety of material brought with it a variety of tone, from the deadly serious to the tongue-in-cheek, stretching the television anthology concept to its very limits.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 01:37:14 pm »

Hey King nice selection of programs there.

One of my personal favourites from that period was Kolchak: The Nightstalker starring, I believe, Darren Mc Gavin.

We don't get to see it much here in the UK, to many soaps and reality shows, but I caught the whole series a few years ago on late night.

Oh and The Invaders with Roy Thinnes.

Both classic TV series IMHO

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 02:20:18 pm »

I forgot About The Invaders, But i also don't think it is avail on DVD
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 03:34:33 pm »

Sorry King you're right.

But good series all the same. :)

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 08:43:17 pm »

The Monkees - Best Comedy Emmy 1966/1967  8)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 08:50:57 pm »

I just bought

1. Quincy, ME
2. Johnny Quest
3. Boxed Set 1, 2, 3, 4 Of The Rifleman
4. Air Wolf 1 & 2
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 04:33:08 pm »

I'm just now burning my entire set of Prisoner Laserdiscs to DVD using a standalone DVD recorder. One per DVD, 52 minutes in 1hr recording mode. Less compression. Should be almost as good as the Laserdisc ;)

I was watching "Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling" and "Dance Of The Dead" last night. They really hold up well for 60's material. The clothes, music and cars are a hoot though.

What are your favorite episodes?

Anyone else notice that the spinning disc logo for Image Entertainment is a LaserDisc, not a DVD? The pits are different lengths (LaserDiscs were FM encoded, not digital).

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 04:45:55 pm »

New Shows In My Collection:

1. Branded - Chuck Connors Season 1 & 2
2. The Best Of Dudley Do-Right
3. The Ray Bradbury Theater
4. Lost In Space 3rd Season
5. MacGyver 1st and Second Season (this is sue's i would not touch this show with a 20 foot pole)
6. Gilligans Island 3rd season

I am waiting on Season 1 and 2 of the bullwinkle and friends show
Fayetteville, NC, USA

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 02:15:53 am »

don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but " superman " with george reeves

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 06:50:53 am »

don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but " superman " with George reeves

I Have All 4 Of Them Now.

I Recently Bought:

The Rifleman Vol 6
Robin Hood Vols 1 - 13 (3 Years) 1955 Vintage
Rawhide - Season 1
Perry Mason - Season 1
Adam-12 - Season 1
F Troop - Season 1
Emergency 1 & 2
Columbo - Season 1
Kojack - Season 1
McMillan & Wife - Season 1
Hart To Hart - Season 1
Baretta - Season 1
Sergent Preston Of The Yukon - Season 1
MacGyver Season 3, 4, 5
Cheyenne - Season 1
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Vol 1 & 2 - Season 1
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Season 1
The Big Valley - Season 1 (With Barbara Stanwyck & Lee Majors)
Wanted Dead Or Alive - Season 1 (With Steve McQueen)
Dragnet - Season 1
Wild Wild West - Season 1
The Time Tunnel Vol 1 & 2 - Season 1
Hogans Heroes Season 2 & 3

Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 06:06:38 pm »

I bought Speed Racer Cartoons, Vol 1, 2 & 3
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 06:29:45 pm »

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 07:37:49 pm »

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

It is on my list

I have 3 on pre order now

Vol 3 of voyage to the bottom of the sea to be released in Oct
Gray's Anatomy season 2
and scrubs season 4

what i am waiting for also is:

Land of the giants, 3rd watch, get's smart, and none of these are being created for DVD sales.

I will slow down in buying now since reruns are going to be over soon. I know these are re-runs but since it has been so long ago i forgot most of the old shows so they are new again.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 09:00:36 pm »

Columbo

Season 6 & 7 is coming out soon.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 03:59:32 pm »

I got Scrubs Season 4 Today, Season 2 Of Grays Anatomy last month

I think boston legal is the funniest show on TV.

William Shatner, James Spader, Candice Bergen &  Craig Bierko make the show, and the best 60 mins on tv for the week.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 05:05:40 pm »

Rumpole, the complete set. Started in 1978.

Leo McKern made a great #2 as well ;)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 07:29:40 pm »

I Have Been Watching Re-Runs Of "The Shield" I Never watched It Before, I Am Kind Of Hooked On It.

Today I Ordered Season 1, 2, 3, 4

It Seems Season 6 Will Start In March, This Is A Very Good Show. If You Have Not Seen It It Is Running On Spike TV
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 12:51:39 pm »

Recently I Got

1. The Shield Season 5
2. Hawaii Five-0 Season 1
3. Columbo Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7
4. Voyage To the Bottom Of The Sea Season Two Vol1 & Vol 2
5. The Wild Wild West Season 2
6. Tales From The Crypt, Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 01:07:05 pm »

I've been watching the second season of Rockford Files lately.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 03:16:52 pm »

I may get that series also...

"Get Smart" Just Came Out On DVD From Time Life, I seen a Ad on TV last night.

Land Of The Giants, Manix, And Cannon Would Also be Good, but they are not on DVD yet.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 10:38:45 pm »

I just finished season 3 last week.

EDIT: season 4 comes out in May.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 10:49:15 pm »

3. Columbo Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7

I have these from:

1) VHS Tapes from Japan with no commercials
2) DVD copied from TV programs - all of the commercials edited out (includes all of the movies that came after season 7)
3) DVD from Amazon

Next are the movies on DVD from Amazon.  There is a total of 24.  The first 5 will be released at the end of this month.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 12:22:14 pm »

Hey King!

Dr. Who and Blake's Seven Rulezz! I don't see them on your list though. Such a shame ;) ;)

I have always wanted Columbo, I think I've seen most of them on TV but I want the DVD's. Columbo is cool  8)

Wasn't the Twilight Zone in the 80's, or were there even older ones?

I have
Season 1, 59 episodes (Shatterday, A Little Peace and Quiet, Wordplay, Dreams For Sale, etc)
Season 2, 21 episodes (The Once And Future King, What Are Friend For, The Storyteller, etc)
Season 3, 30 Episodes (The Curious Case Of Edgar Witherspoon, Extra Innings, The Crossing, The Hunters, etc)

Other older series I like (but not 60's/70's, more like 80's/90's) are The X-Files, ALL Star Treks, Miami Vice, A-Team and Nightrider.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 07:29:01 pm »

I have all of Columbo on DVD

The best Twilight Zone was in the 50's and 60's, I have all of them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twilight_Zone_(1959_TV_series)

Recently I Bought all of "Home Improvement" and "Night Court" Both are funny.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 09:24:04 pm »

I also recently Completed my collection of "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea", And "Have Gun Will travel"
Fayetteville, NC, USA

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 09:55:56 pm »

Beverly Hillbillies Official Fourth Season will be released April 15, 2014.
It gives hope that the remaining 5 seasons could be released this decade.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 01:56:29 pm »

Today I Bought The Complete Series Of "Kung Fu" And Sue Bought "I Dream Of Jeannie" At Sams.

I Also Bought Two Hunks Of Rib Eye Steak, And 20 Lbs Of Hamburger.

I cut the steaks my self, and I just got done Vacuum packing them.

I just wish I could get the Rib Eye With The Bone In.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »

Lots of these shows are very well done, and lots of fun.

But, The Prisoner is a cut above.   The factor you did not mention, which is important, is that he does not know "which side" has kidnapped him (in other words, the UK or the Soviets).

There was a recent remake, which graciously uses a very different story line, and stars Jim Caveziel (Mel Gibson's Jesus, and Reese in Person of Interest), which is nowheres as good, but yet also not too bad.

And I strongly second Inflatable Mouse's suggestion of Blake's 7.  Very intelligent sci-fi which was the inspiration for many later shows (Farscape can be considered a remake of Blake's 7).

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 09:27:29 pm »

Today I Bought The Complete Series Of "Kung Fu"

Bravo. I bought KF as well. Mainly because when I was a kid, my folks were against the apparent violence. But it has a strong anti-violence message that my parents didn't get because they'd written it off straight away. Love the Eastern philosophy that comes through.

Years back, I worked on a project where they had a "Quote of the Week" competition. I found this site:
http://kungfu-guide.com/addendum/addendum.html
posted a quote with credit to Kwai Chang Caine was posted on the intranet for a couple of weeks. How's that for cool karma?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2014, 09:20:38 am »

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
I do miss this show
{disclosure, it was a repeat when I watched this in my childhood}

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2014, 06:47:50 pm »

yep, and when It was in reruns back in the 80's me and my wife watched It after our Atari Computer Group meeting, and ordered a calzone at Robinhood Pizza in Tacoma Washington for lunch.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 07:10:08 pm »

I was on Social Security then.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2014, 04:45:09 pm »

Today I Bought The Complete Series Of "Get Smart" All 138 Episodes.

One Of My Favorite Shows Back In The 60's

My Wife Hates It.

I Also Recently Bought The Complete Series Of Barney Miller, Since It Was Shot On Video Tape Back In The Early Days The Quality Is Not All That Great.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2014, 07:03:17 pm »

One of my favorite M*A*S*H Episodes is called "Images"

A nurse could not deal with all the carnage so Margret wanted to ship her out of the unit.

Max was feeding a little dog and later on Margret did also sneaking food to it.

one day the dog was run over and killed

in the messhall all the nurses were talking about the dog getting killed, as more of a happenstance, and then them going on about doing there hair later, as if they were un-caring.

Margret broke down, Hawkeye consoled her.

A tear jerker.

she then was more lenient on the nurse, who by then seemed to be working out.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2014, 09:40:52 am »

I'll bite...

That 70s Show

:-D

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2014, 11:15:42 am »

I actually hated that show.

That '70s Show (TV Series 1998–2006)
Fayetteville, NC, USA

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2014, 02:51:56 am »

Got the complete set of "The Samurai" (Onmitsu Kenshi (隠密剣士, "Spy Swordsman") last week from an outfit down in Melbourne but didn't opt for the "bubble gum cards".

It would be cool to get the Japanese audio but there's a certain charm in the deep resonance of William Ross's voice in the leading role of Shintarō Akikusa (he certainly had a good innings). This show was my first exposure to Japanese culture and as a kid, it couldn't be much cooler than having Ninja bouncing all over the place.

Love the set piece shots when they're having the showdown scenes where the camera zooms in on each actor's face. You can certainly see how it's very easy to translate the Japanese chanbara genre across to gunslinging Westerns.

I missed the "phenomenon" but the show got regular repeats over a number of years spanning to over a decade or more, so that it had an impression nonetheless.

I also love the way that these guys made engaging TV with very simple tools. With one of the most special, special effects being to run the film in reverse to give an impression of a superhuman leap backwards, the directors used some real creativity. No CGI. No wire fighting. Just the raw, real deal... Ichiban!
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 06:19:13 pm »

I bought the 20 DVD set of The Three Stooges Shorts.

back when I was younger we all went to the movies on Sat to watch cartoons, and the Three Stooges was always the last one.

the Cost back then was 25 cents for about 3 hours of cartoons.

I Digitized it to my hard drives for easy access.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 07:46:56 pm »

Just picked up No 18,391 of the 95,000 limited edition Blu-Ray complete Batman (Adam West / Burt Ward) boxed set - including Hotwheels Batmobile ...

Holy Rip, Tear & Bust, Batman! The optical drive will be spinning off its bearings all weekend. This is gonna be Bat-tastic!!   :o

PS -
For you Bat-nerds out there, release of the TV series to DVD/Blu-Ray has been stuck in a holding pattern for years - more info here.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 10:11:17 pm »

Just picked up No 18,391 of the 95,000 limited edition Blu-Ray complete Batman (Adam West / Burt Ward) boxed set - including Hotwheels Batmobile ...

Holy Rip, Tear & Bust, Batman! The optical drive will be spinning off its bearings all weekend. This is gonna be Bat-tastic!!   :o

PS -
For you Bat-nerds out there, release of the TV series to DVD/Blu-Ray has been stuck in a holding pattern for years - more info here.
Some of those old Batman TV shows are absolutely hilarious!
Remember "Shame"?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 06:32:15 am »

Some of those old Batman TV shows are absolutely hilarious!
Remember "Shame"?

Don't know who you're talking about ... but I think he left a platinum bullet...   ;D

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 07:35:07 am »

Another couple of shows from when I was a kid:

Reading the back stories on Wikipedia gives great insight. Sounds like Vic Morrow, really earnt his pay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up