INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IsEmpty problem  (Read 1001 times)

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
IsEmpty problem
« on: June 17, 2005, 09:58:05 am »

my IsEmpty problem:

yes i know that empty fields were changed ages ago to return "Unknown <field description>" during a rename.

my issue is that in previous (less than a month) builds IsEmpty used to return TRUE during a rename and i could use an expression to alter the path, now i can't because IsEmpty is returning FALSE (presumably because it's seeing the "unknown" value).

can it be put back to checking before the "unknown" value is created?  it worked the way (almost) everyone wanted and for those that didn't like that we could expression around it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: IsEmpty problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 10:40:32 am »

my IsEmpty problem:

yes i know that empty fields were changed ages ago to return "Unknown <field description>" during a rename.

my issue is that in previous (less than a month) builds IsEmpty used to return TRUE during a rename and i could use an expression to alter the path, now i can't because IsEmpty is returning FALSE (presumably because it's seeing the "unknown" value).

can it be put back to checking before the "unknown" value is created?  it worked the way (almost) everyone wanted and for those that didn't like that we could expression around it.

You may need to use IsEqual([Artist], Unknown Artist) in this tool.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: IsEmpty problem
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 11:31:16 am »

but it's using the field's description (which in my library the Artist field's description is "Artist [Album]") and not it's actual name - just anther thing to make expressions harder to transport across users.

i change the field descriptions so they sort nicely in the tag window.
Pages: [1]   Go Up