INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ and iTouch Keyboard - fix doesn't work  (Read 1144 times)

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
MJ and iTouch Keyboard - fix doesn't work
« on: October 07, 2002, 02:40:35 pm »

Hello,
Found posted solution to problem of Logitech iTouch media keys not working with MJ.   Added the MJ line (below) to the players.ini file, updated the registry to include path for MJ...  MJ IS listed as an option when I press the media button, but the back, forward, play/pause, stop, and mute buttons do nothing.  Anyone know how to fix this problem so that all media buttons on the keyboard are functional with MJ?

-----------my entry in players.ini--------------------
MediaJukebox=cmd,media jukebox.exe,MJFrame,MEDIA JUKEBOX,xxx,32778,32779,32780,32781,32782,0,1,Media Jukebox

Thanks,
-Lee

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MJ and iTouch Keyboard - fix doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 03:28:31 pm »

I have a Logitech keyboard, and I added that line (or something similar) to the .ini file, probably around the time of that posting.  It got the buttons to work, but I had to press the play/pause button twice to play or pause.  I think others reported the same problem.

Since then, my hdd died, and I had to do a total clean install of everything, including major updates to XP and MJ8.  I didn't install the Logitech program.  And of course I didn't add that line to a Logitech .ini file.

Now my Logitech keyboard works great.  The play/pause, next, prev buttons.  Even my scroll wheel.  

I see only two limitations:  One is that MJ has to be the active window when I press the buttons.  Not a big deal for me.  The second is that the Media button launches WMP9.  (This is because WMP is the default media player, and I haven't figured out how to make XP default to MJ.  I think this is different from the file associations.)

I'm not sure what fixed it - XP SP1 or simply absence of the Logitech app...

Hope this helps.

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 04:09:51 pm »

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunatly, I do need to use the iTouch software -- the keyboard is one of the newer Elite versions and has functionality that requires the software.

So, I am still hoping there is a way to configure the line in the players.ini or some other way to get it working with MJ.

Lee

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 10:43:00 pm »

Try AlbumView if you are on Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

It supports multimedia keys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up