INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning cd - song sequence...  (Read 970 times)

glennn

• Recent member
  • um...
burning cd - song sequence...
« on: July 21, 2005, 03:41:29 pm »

i'm trying to burn a CD and keep the correct song sequence as on the original CD without using %Track - %Title template - how is it possible to burn files out of alphabetical order...? i hit Update Order in my List View of songs Queued for Burning, the Seq column orders them as i want, but they're ultimately in Alph. order on the cd...

?

thanks,
glennn
glenn nall
250 Park Street
www.250parkstreet.com

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: burning cd - song sequence...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:19:38 pm »

i'm trying to burn a CD and keep the correct song sequence as on the original CD without using %Track - %Title template - how is it possible to burn files out of alphabetical order...? i hit Update Order in my List View of songs Queued for Burning, the Seq column orders them as i want, but they're ultimately in Alph. order on the cd...

Audio CDs are burned in the order you have in the burning queue. All CD player devices see the tracks in the correct order.

Perhaps you mean data CDs. They are like hard drives and don't have any particular track order. The order you see depends on the software or hardware player used.

Most hardware players like portable or car MP3 players see the tracks on data CDs in alphabetical order. MC can insert sequence numbers in front of the track names so the player can see the tracks in the desired order. In this post I explained how: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28722.msg198986#msg198986
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

glennn

• Recent member
  • um...
Re: burning cd - song sequence...
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 07:07:29 pm »

beautiful - thank you, good sir
glenn nall
250 Park Street
www.250parkstreet.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up