INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Labeler discards data after print/preview  (Read 1107 times)

secretsuperstar

• Recent member
CD Labeler discards data after print/preview
« on: July 28, 2005, 05:02:20 pm »

Hi, I'm running Media Center 11.0.309 (registered), and I have discovered an issue with the CD Labeler that I don't recall happening with the one included with MC9.

Basically, once I have my CD label data ready to print, I can only click Print or Preview once. If I preview before printing, or if I want to print subsequent copies, the CD Labeler will only print/preview empty outlines of the jewel insert/u-card, etc. I have also found that I have to step through each of the pages in the program in order to print/preview even once.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Select a playlist you want to use as a CD label.
2. Go to Advanced Tools > CD Labeler
3. Click Preview. You will see empty outlines of the insert/u-card/label without any of the text from the playlist you selected. If you had printed instead of previewed, you would have gotten these blank outlines as well.
4. Click the Close button in the preview (don't close the whole application).
5. Now, step through the CD Info, Front Cover, Back Cover, and CD Label screens. You will see that the playlist information is all there, even though it didn't show up in the preview.
6. Now go back to the Print screen and click Preview. This time you should see the playlist text included appropriately on the different screens. If you had printed instead of previewed you would have gotten the same thing.
7. Close the preview again (but not the whole labeler application).
8. Click Preview again. Now the outlines are missing the text again. (And if you had printed you would have gotten blank outlines.)

Has anyone else seen this behavior? It was a real pain for me this afternoon because I was printing six CD labels for the same CD and once I figured out what was going on, I had to manually fix up a label each time and print without being able to preview.

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: CD Labeler discards data after print/preview
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 03:26:07 pm »

You're not alone!  I'm experiencing the same issue and am running the very same version.

Bluesman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 12:33:28 am »

I'm using 11.0.312 (registered) and I used the label option after burning last night. This is the first time I had used the program to do a label and I concur that I had the same experience as previously mentioned.
Is there any other music besides Blues?

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 08:48:42 am »

I'm still having issues with this - even after installing on my new machine!  I'm using an HP 1200 laserjet.  Could the printer driver be the issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up