INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with MC 11.0.313 and Zen Xtra  (Read 1268 times)

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Problems with MC 11.0.313 and Zen Xtra
« on: August 31, 2005, 05:22:29 pm »

I can't get this working.  I had my Zen Xtra working with MC 10, but I've had no luck with MC 11.  A couple of questions first -

1) Is the Zen Xtra supported with MC11?  I assumed it was, since MC10 supports it.

1) Do I need to install the Zen Xtra plug-in?  There is no plug-in available for MC11.  When I use the MC10 plug-in, it says it installs, but I don't see the device under plug-ins.

2) Is it necessary to install the Creative driver first?  Nothing seemed to happen until I did install the Creative driver.  Once I did that, I see the Zen device under drives and devices (but not under plug-ins), but MC11 crashes everytime I select it.  Once I installed the Creative driver, it doesn't seem like I need to install the plug-in.  At least I get the same behavior either way - it crashes MC11.

3) Is there a step-by-step instructions on how to set up a portable with MC11?  Secifically the Zen Xtra?

Thanks, Chris

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Problems with MC 11.0.313 and Zen Xtra
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 09:05:27 pm »

After uninstalling then installing MC 11.0.313, it now works.

Chris

apocalypse

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 09:15:28 pm »

I am having similar problems with my Zen Xtra 40 GB. MC11 installs fine, but as soon as I connect the Zen Xtra my CPU usage goes to 100% due to the following program "CTPdeSrv.exe" which is part of the Creative drivers.

I also use GoBack so when this install went awry, I went back before this happened. I then installed MC11 and then the Zen Xtra plug-in, but the same thing happened.

I have tried several installs of Media Center 11 after that, each one with some small variation, but the closest I can get is to plug install the software, plug-in the Zen Xtra and have MC11 recognizes it and prompts me to add it as a device, but it doesn't go much further than that.

After doing some research about the "CTPdeSrv.exe" file, Notmad has some info about it: http://www.redchairsoftware.com/notmad/support/regassist.php?c=8016. The problem seems to be, at least with their software, Windows Media Player 10. They don't say whether or not is the codecs or the player, but at least they know about it.

I just downloaded and installed the latest Zen Xtra drivers v1.30.03 so I'll report back how that works out.

http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/drivers/

apocalypse

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 09:22:36 pm »

Well, all seems to be working now.

I'm not certain if it is a fluke or if the latest drivers did the trick, but I rebooted, waited for the desktop to load, started MC11 and let it stay at the entry screen. I then connected the Zen Xtra and MC11 detected it, and all went smoothly there.

Hopefully no one else will run into this issue, but at least there's a post here now regarding it.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 09:35:29 am »

MC 11 installs everything you need to work with Zen. Definitely do not install the MC 10 plugin as this will cause problems.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up