INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revolution 7.1 Coaxial Output?  (Read 3002 times)

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
Revolution 7.1 Coaxial Output?
« on: November 19, 2005, 12:17:44 pm »

I can't seem to figure out how to get Mediacenter's audio to output through the coaxial output... can anyone help?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Revolution 7.1 Coaxial Output?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 07:00:45 am »

Yes. Two steps to this.

In MJ, goto Options, choose playback in the tree on the left and select  audio output mode to Wave Out in the right pane.

Asuming your control panel for the Revo 7.1 is similar to the Revo 5.1, select Digital for Current Set. I believe it defaults to analog.

Hope that helps,
ingemar.

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
Re: Revolution 7.1 Coaxial Output?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 01:11:09 am »

Thanks for the info InflatableMouse... but the honest truth is that I've stopped using and caring about MC.  As wonderful and robust as the feature set is, I refuse to support a product with arrogant and elitist customer support.

Don't get me wrong; I used to be a huge supporter of the product.  I had evangelized JRiver since the Media Jukebox days and even got all my friends and extended family to buy the product.  I went so far as to set up a library for one of my old college professors.  I developed skins, iconsets, and I spoke on the phone with SteveG to help shoot down some bugs back when iPod support was first added.

Then about a month ago I asked for some information about v12 so I could make an informed decision as to if it or the new version of iTunes would better suit my needs.  The thread was immediately locked and deleted by JimH -- which after watching these forums for a few years didn't really strike me as being out of character.  No explanation, no information, just poof... no thread.

Speaking as someone with both an MBA and a masters in marketing from a certain ivy league school, employing iron-handed gestapo tactics with your most engaged customers isn't a great way to engender customer loyalty.  Or maybe it would be better to ask the crew that got banned from these forums a few years back...

I'm sure MC will continue to be a great product and that many people will be very happy with it.  I just don't want to pay people for the privilege of beta testing their software and then have them treat me like I'm a child for my trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up