INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to playback DTS CD in MC11?  (Read 1392 times)

silkshadow

• Recent member
How to playback DTS CD in MC11?
« on: November 24, 2005, 12:13:34 am »

I know I probably just have something misconfigured, but when I stick my DTS CD in my CD drive, all I can hear is static. How do I playback a DTS CD (DTS audio)? I can play DVDs in DTS fine on this computer and have the purevideo decoder installed. I also have AC3 filter. Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: How to playback DTS CD in MC11?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:51:34 am »

MC don't use the installed decoders when an audio CD is played. A DTS audio CD is technically a standard Red Book CD. Only the PCM content is different.

You can play DTS audio CDs with MC if your setup meets these requirements:
- Your soundcard is capable of bit perfect 44.1 kHz output and have a bit perfect ASIO driver.
- All DSP is disabled in MC (including the Internal Volume and Replay Gain adjustments) and the ASIO output mode is selected.
- You use a digital connection and have an external DTS decoder (e.g. a DTS capable HT receiver).

Another possible solution is to rip the CDs in wave format and wrap the wave files inside Matroska containers. That should make MC to play them similarly like video files that can use the installed OS level decoder software. I have tried that only with 48 kHz Dolby Digital audio files. I have posted some instructions in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26055.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

silkshadow

• Recent member
Re: How to playback DTS CD in MC11?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 12:00:57 am »

Thanks for the reply! Wow, I had no idea it was that complicated. Next time I won't be buying another DTS CD :). My hardware and software meet those requirements, I will try disabling all the DSPs (I am using them all) and give it a shot. The ripping option sounds like a better solution, I will check out that thread and try it. Thanks alot for your reply!
Pages: [1]   Go Up