INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.81 Beta  (Read 7281 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.81 Beta
« on: December 14, 2005, 05:24:46 pm »

This is a beta version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 Beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111081.exe

11.1.81 (12/14/05)

1. Fixed: Handheld options dialog could crash if no handhelds were detected.
2. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a library browser tile wouldn't give the focus to the list, so pressing stop and play again would play the tree selection instead of the list selection.
3. Changed: Thumbnail text, player display, etc. use same expression engine as view schemes / columns so more functionality is supported. (also fixes circular reference error when using calculated fields)
4. Changed: Removed "Album Thumbnails" list style -- for grouping views, use the new library browser tile views.
5. Fixed: In CD burn settings, when "use crossfade" setting was disabled, user could still get a message about a direct decoding conflict with dsp settings.
6. Changed: MP3 ID3v2 tagging uses UTF-16 anytime there's a character over 127.
7. Changed: MP3 tag reading now fully supports UTF-8 as well as UTF-16.
8. Optimized: Loading and switching library views is faster.
9. Changed: Clicking "Play" on a view header for a view with no files will show a no files error. (instead of playing other available files)
10. Fixed: Some skins would crop the top and bottom pixels off tree images on selection. (change Tree::Selection::TopBorder and Tree::Selection::BottomBorder to tune 3rd party skins)
11. Fixed: Some MP3's created by Helix in stereo mode would hiccup during playback in MC.
12. Fixed: Erase All thumbnails was not working.
13. Changed: Thumbnail database compacts on shutdown if there is too much wasted space and database is large enough.
14. Changed: MC will warn user if it can not import/play a file by DirectShow method (for aac and other new file formats).
15. Fixed: UPnP Autodetection of server type works better for the DLink DSM-320.
16. Changed: Added a backwards compatibility layer for programs that get thumbnails using MC's SDK. (Playing Now, etc.)
17. Fixed: Search shortcuts ending in p= would fight with the default playlist search shortcut.
18. Changed: In auto-rip mode, if CD is not found in database, user can choose to skip ripping the CD.
19. Fixed: In auto-rip mode, the option "choose the first multi-match CD" was being ignored.
20. Changed: Tuned mouse-wheel scroll speed when in thumbnail and tile lists.

11.1.80 (12/13/05)

1. Changed: When starting playback of a single image, Media Center will not start in slideshow mode.
2. Fixed: Subsequent uses of the shell extensions could cause a crash.
3. Optimized: Substantial speedups when double-clicking a file from Explorer to play inside Media Center.
4. Changed: Updated Podcasting tree art slightly.
5. Changed: Reworked logging format to provide finer granularity of timings.
6. Changed: Handheld options page defaults to the last used device. (instead of the first device seen by MC)
7. Fixed: On CD burn settings page, the "direct decoding" checkbox could be selected even if "omit silence" was selected in the DSP settings.
8. Fixed: Transferring m4a files to handheld device would hang when conversion reaches 99%.
9. Fixed: Folder creation was not working on some WMDM devices. (introduced in 11.1.79)
10. Changed: Library Server now verifies the version between the client and server.
11. Fixed: Multiple CD auto-ripping working again.
12. Changed: Auto-Eject feature for iPod removed from right click and put in Tools->Options->Handheld->Devices. Includes option for auto eject on close and after sync.
13. Changed: Added a Use Default Library option to the Incomplete Shutdown options.

11.1.79 (12/12/05)

1. Fixed: DVD playback was not working properly.
2. Fixed: MP3 files were not getting properly closed after playback. (introduced in build 73)
3. Changed: Right click option to transfer portable files to PC removed. To do this now, drag files to MC 'My Computer'
4. Changed: Groupings in view schemes no longer show as their own button at the top of a library view.
5. Changed: Media Center only uses "Artist" as an abbreviation for Album Artist / Album Artist (auto) in view schemes with only one artist style field. (and never abbreviates in the configuration dialog or pane headers)
6. Fixed: Locate on Disk was not working properly in library grouped tile views.
7. Changed: WMDM style devices honor the "send artwork" setting in handheld options.
8. Fixed: Some edit controls would fail to redraw properly on Win2K machines.
9. Changed: Library views start in the classic pane look by default.
10. Fixed: Library Server would not play correctly immediately after installation.
11. Changed: The 'Delete files not in sync' handheld option will only delete files from the device that are of the same media type as the files in the sync.
12. NEW: WavPack audio format can be played in MC natively if needed DirectShow filters are installed. For now there is no support for ID3 tag reading/writing.
13. Changed: Mp4 and aac are put in the list of natively played extensions (along with m4a).
14. Fixed: Close button in CD rip progress action window did nothing. Now it cancels the rip if user confirms.
15. NEW: Added a custom webpage that shows when clicking "Services & Plug-ins" in the tree.
16. NEW: Include revised artwork for podcasting.
17. Fixed: Some handheld devices not using correct configuration settings (work in progress).

11.1.78 (12/10/05)

1. NEW: New thumbnail storage and loading engine that is often 100 or more times faster. (ex. loading 100,000 thumbs after reboot took over 2 minutes before, now takes less than a second) (also uses less memory than before with no change in thumbnail quality).  Requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails.
2. Optimized: Standard (non-tile) lists that show thumbnails draw over twice as fast.
3. Fixed: Not all images would properly cycle through during a mouse-over slideshow in a library tile.
4. Fixed: Library browser style lists wouldn't redraw properly when scrolling with the keyboard.
5. Changed: Updated Theater View to use the same (more efficient) thumbnail system as standard view.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 11.1.81 Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 07:15:43 pm »

16. Changed: Added a backwards compatibility layer for programs that get thumbnails using MC's SDK. (Playing Now, etc.)

Many Many Thanks!!       ;D
-

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 07:29:28 pm »

Some interface issues.  See screen shot for details.

Using mouse on horizontal and vertical scroll bars works.
Clicking on the arrows at the ends of those scrollbars does not work.

Customize Current View settings doesn't work in the file details at the bottom.
Please comment on if this functionality will eventually be added.

In the screenshot, under each tile it shows Play and View, and a dropdown listbox for other choices.
If the window is resized wider, then it shows Play, Genres, Year, Album, and Files and there's text behind these that is getting overwritten.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 09:26:37 pm »

Autorip with single drive doesn't seem to be working. However, autorip multiple drives is working again! Would be nice to have MC leave the vew on Devices rather than switching to Audio/Album view after an auto rip.

Thanks for the great work guys!

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 11:59:03 pm »

Shouldn't the iPod icon disappaer after Eject iPod.
It does not. It releases the iPod but icon stays in the tree and can be used.
Only after undocking the iPod, the icon goes away.

Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

valeriejp

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 12:01:54 am »

Still there:

Cover Art is not being displayed with Visualizations done with Visualization  Studio.

I have my cover art as folder.jpg in the album directory and I have the image field set to COVER_ART in vis. studio.

The cover art shows up ok in the 3D visualizations, cover art and track info choices, just not in the ones from visualization studio.

I also noticed tonight that it also does not show the default cover (that looks like the MC icon) on those albums that I don't have a cover for.

Valerie

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 05:36:57 am »

Would be nice to have MC leave the vew on Devices rather than switching to Audio/Album view after an auto rip.

I think it would be nice to be able to configure that.  I like it going to the recently imported view after ripping a cd/multiple cds.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 07:12:44 am »

Still there after all these builds:

I reported this before and never saw a reply. In mini-view, when the last song is played in playing now, it stays on the last song instead of going back to "Media Center - 11" like it used to do and like Standard View does. I can't tell if the playing now is complete or if media center got stuck without having to pull up the playlist.

Can you please either let me know it's supposed to work this way now (differently than 11 always was) or we know about it - stop reporting it?
Jeff

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 08:19:34 am »

More than ocassionally, when ripping multiple disks, MC gets so busy then when I insert a new disk I get a "Can't connect to YADB server" message.  That's not so much of an issue is that when I click OK, it goes on to rip the disk anyway with "Unknown Artist", "Unknown Title", "Track 1, Track2..." tags. It would be nice if MC would auto re-try the connection to the YADB server or prompt the user to do so. At the very least please do not auto rip the disk with the "Unknown" tags. I just have to go back and delete everything and start all over again.

Thanks!

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 08:24:21 am »

I think it would be nice to be able to configure that.  I like it going to the recently imported view after ripping a cd/multiple cds.

Actually, we could have it both ways. You could open up a second view for the recently imported. And the first view could remain open to show the rip list. Or vice versa.   ;D

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 08:53:11 am »

More than ocassionally, when ripping multiple disks, MC gets so busy then when I insert a new disk I get a "Can't connect to YADB server" message.  That's not so much of an issue is that when I click OK, it goes on to rip the disk anyway with "Unknown Artist", "Unknown Title", "Track 1, Track2..." tags. It would be nice if MC would auto re-try the connection to the YADB server or prompt the user to do so. At the very least please do not auto rip the disk with the "Unknown" tags. I just have to go back and delete everything and start all over again.

Thanks!
Are you definitely using the 11.1.81 build? This enhancement was in the build:

18. Changed: In auto-rip mode, if CD is not found in database, user can choose to skip ripping the CD.

It should display a message box stating that no information was found for the CD and asking if you still want to rip it.

Nevermind. That didn't make it into the 81 build. It will be in the next one.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 09:13:24 am »

Duped ipod cover art issue again.

In the 11.1.80 build I initialized the ipod and sync'd the usual smartlist that determines which songs get put on the ipod.
Cover art database file and a couple of ITHMB files were created on the ipod and playing songs correctly displayed cover art images.

Installed 11.1.81

Played songs on ipod and sync'd again.
Verified that ratings were updated in MC from changes on the ipod.

Imported a new album into MC.  Album art saved as folder.jpg, like all the others.

Sync'd again.  It showed the 12 new songs needing to be sent to the ipod.

Played new album on ipod.  No cover art for that album.  :(
The track info is not left justified on these songs and there is no image or even a blank square.

Are there any files or logs that I can send you to help track this one down?

Screen shots below:

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 09:21:04 am »

When importing new files they show up in the library with just a bunch of squares instead of letters. Windows media player and MC 11  reads the tags correct. Tested with tree different albums, same result.

Changing font-size causes text-field links in tiles to overlap.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 09:29:00 am »

When importing new files they show up in the library with just a bunch of squares instead of letters. Windows media player and MC 11  reads the tags correct. Tested with tree different albums, same result.

Could you email a sample file to matt @ jriver.com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 11:10:28 am »

I've some problems with larger "MP4-Files". I converted some DVDs, but only small files are recorgnized in the browser (45MB). With larger files I get an error like that:

"Can't play XXXXXX.MP4 in player's native playback engine. ..."

Gany

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 01:23:03 pm »

I am getting nothing in the "Disc #" field for my MP3s.   Is this the ID3 TPA field?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 01:53:24 pm »

I am getting nothing in the "Disc #" field for my MP3s.   Is this the ID3 TPA field?

No, MC uses a proprietary comment field. I have a lot of MP3 files that include both tags. I have also added CD1 -, CD2 -, etc in front of the filenames so my files will show up in the correct order with any file browser.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

SteveG

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 02:15:55 pm »

Dutch_Peter,

What OS are you running?

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 02:46:16 pm »

Media Center Registered 11.1.81 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2404 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 136 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2800 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2800 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2800 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 03:07:12 pm »

Clicking on the arrows at the ends of those scrollbars does not work.

I have got the opposite: when clicking on an arrow the scroll go maximum in that direct. So the arrow does not make the window scroll, but to directly to the beginning or the end.
All scrollbars I checked behave like that.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 03:09:18 pm »

Dutch_Peter,

What OS are you running?

Steve,
I have tried it again and it works. It seems inconsistent. I will check with next builds a see what happens.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 04:07:31 pm »

I've some problems with larger "MP4-Files". I converted some DVDs, but only small files are recorgnized in the browser (45MB). With larger files I get an error like that:

"Can't play XXXXXX.MP4 in player's native playback engine. ..."

Gany

Do you have DirectShow filters to play these files?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 04:14:57 pm »

Do you have DirectShow filters to play these files?

Don't know - where do I get them?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 04:15:50 pm »

If I select the 3D visualization "Picture Show" in full screen or Theater View Playing Now I get a C+ Runtime Error.

Richard

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2005, 04:20:13 pm »

No, MC uses a proprietary comment field. I have a lot of MP3 files that include both tags. I have also added CD1 -, CD2 -, etc in front of the filenames so my files will show up in the correct order with any file browser.

Anyone know why it is not using the data that's there?   Is it something that's going to be addressed?   I have a lot of multiple CD albums, e.g. The Great Composers series which has 60+, and I don't want to go to the bother of retagging and renaming all my files when the information is there.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2005, 04:55:26 pm »

MC is still doing the random retagging of files based on the information shown on the currently ripped CD. After the CD finishes ripping, if I press close, the window pops up saying I have made changes to "X" files and asks if I want to save changes. It is trying to make changes to the files that are in the recently ripped playlist based on the tags entered for the CD that was just ripped.

It is completely random. I thought that maybe it was happening when I pressed "Close" after I put another CD in, so I started pressing close before I put another CD in and it started doing the same thing, but not all the time. It is simple enough to bypass, for now, just by pressing "No" when the message box pops up asking to save changes, but is still potentially disatrous when ripping large libraries at a time.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up