More > Media Center 11 (Development Ended)

"Power Calibration Area Error" while burning data

(1/2) > >>

happy5:
Hello,

I'm using MC 10.0.173 and lately I've been having problems burning some data. If I try burning an audio CD or even a data CD, my laptop spits the media out while giving the following message:

"Power Calibration Area Error"

Any suggestions?

I need to get some work done fast!  ?

JimH:
I don't think that's an MC error message.  Something else may be wrong.

happy5:

--- Quote from: JimH on January 22, 2006, 03:43:38 pm ---I don't think that's an MC error message.  Something else may be wrong.

--- End quote ---

I know - what could it be? Any thoughts?

Mr ChriZ:
I'd guess either your using dodgy media,
or your burners coming to the end of it's life.
Theres quite alot if info you google your error message

I found a usenet post which discusses it here

happy5:
Thank you both. I guess I should have been more specific on what I'm using and what I'm trying to burn.

I don't consider myself a newbie in computers and I've been using Media Center since it was Media Jukebox  ;D

I'm trying to burn some MPEG-2 video files made with Sorenson Squeeze. Initially I wanted to burn one of the vids (100MB) on a regular CD but it didn't burn. I guess it's the media, but I've always used Maxell CDs with no problems. As a side note, I cannot burn audio CDs either. Could it be possible that each of the 100 disks I bought is a dud?

I tried it on a DVD disk and it burned fine. But audio files won't burn. So in this case it might be the media.

If someone on the forum has a Toshiba Qosmio G25-AV513 notebook (with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-845S) and has had similar experiences, let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version