INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.104 Release Candidate  (Read 7887 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Media Center 11.1.104 Release Candidate
« on: January 23, 2006, 06:09:05 pm »

This is a late pre-release version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111104.exe

11.1.104 (01/23/06)

1. Fixed: Thumbnail database did not properly support libraries with more than 2 GB of thumbnail data.
2. Changed: Media Center displays a better message when a file can't be played because the output plugin / hardware can't support it. (i.e. low sample rates with an ASIO output)
3. Changed: Clarified the message at the bottom of the player area text customization dialog.
4. Changed: Media Center has smoother handling of output plugin errors. (dialogs are suppressed unless 3 in a row occur, now show fully skinned, etc.)
5. Changed: The player area menu appears when clicking on the spectrum analyzer or the current track's text.
6. Fixed: MC would hang if Pause button was pressed while playing file types involving DirectShow filters.
7. Fixed: MC was slow on startup when playing a CD and there is a large library.
8. Changed: Better handling of errors when importing/playing DirectShow file types.
9. Changed: "Album" name no longer used in calculating image syncs. (because an iPod can't provide the album name of an image on reconnect)
10. Fixed: Turning on the spectrum analyzer in the playerbar wouldn't take effect until MC was resized.
11. Fixed: Search was not doing anything in library grouping views.

11.1.103 (01/20/06)

1. NEW: Added optional spectrum analyzer to player window. (click to enable) (takes no cycles when MC is not visible)
2. Changed: Default smartlist "100 Random Songs" wasn't limited to audio. (change takes effect if stock smartlists are recreated)
3. Fixed: Range searches for times (i.e. [Date Imported]=1d-7d) were not working as expected.
4. Fixed: Pressing F5 wouldn't preserve the view scroll, selection, etc. as expected.
5. Changed: Album name is now considered along with name and filesize when testing if an image file is a duplicate (or has changed) for the purposes of handheld syncs.
6. Changed: View scheme library header menu only appears when the tree is hidden. (right-click the bar to see full menu)
7. NEW: Added a right-click menu to the library header bar.
8. NEW: Added more logging for 3rd party plugin creation to aid developers in troubleshooting problems.
9. Changed: Resizing a plugin view for a plugin that failed to load no longer repeatedly shows an error.
10. Changed: Player window right-click and left click show the same action / configure menu.
11. Fixed: Visualization data is only output from the active zone, so visualizations (G-Force included) behave more logically in multi-zone configurations.
12. Fixed: Podcast file extensions and media types became confused with URLs containing complex parameters.
13. Fixed: Podcast downloads now ignore original file name found in URL.  Could not reliably extract a sensible filename from complex URLs.
14. Fixed: We are now more tolerant of illegal URLs and Mime types in Podcast feeds.

11.1.102 (01/19/06)

1. Fixed: The handheld option "Get data from handheld on connect" was not saving properly.
2. New: Media Center TV now supports Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 device.
3. Changed: With Media Center running, plugging in a fully synced device set to "Auto-sync on connect" will message the user that the device is synced.
4. Fixed: Pressing "Alt" while MC was loading could cause a crash.
5. Changed: Sync mode "All" no longer sends playlist groups. (instead, just playlists and smartlists)
6. Changed: Switching handheld options in and out of sync mode adds / removes the relevant options to the bottom list.
7. Changed: Improved handling of playback zone switching while in fullscreen mode.
8. Changed: Increased auto-show menu delays in the library view header by 33%.
9. Changed: Library view header view scheme picker menu uses nesting for long view scheme lists.
10. Changed: Typed list navigation searches the last clicked column in a list instead of doing a quick search. (use Ctrl+Q for quick search)
11. Changed: Clicking on a fullscreen bar resets the mouse and bar hide countdown. (like moving the mouse does)
12. Fixed: Action Window playlist duration displays were not formatting correctly.
13. Fixed: Saving handheld options with no handhelds could cause a crash.
14. Changed: Ctrl+F / Locate switch to the root Audio / Image / Video / User view scheme if in a non-root view scheme.
15. Fixed: When changing the search, the panes now reset their selection instead of maintaining the same selection they had with the previous search.
16. Changed: Added option to import results dialog to show in-depth report. (dialog is sizable)
17. Fixed: CD burning would fail on some systems if the burn queue was displayed (and status updates were extremely slow).
18. Changed: Tweaked the list of stock smartlists in the tree (fewer) and choices in the "Create Smartlist" dialog (more).
19. Changed: Podcasts are now assigned a Track # when downloaded, so they appear on handhelds in date order.
20. Changed: Podcasts moved to "Services and Plug-ins" (may change)

11.1.101 (01/17/06)

1. Fixed: The handheld option "Get data from handheld on connect" was not saving properly.
2. Changed: The status column is always shown in a handheld view. (instead of just when there are queued files)
3. Fixed: After some actions (like erasing files) the handheld view panes would not update to match the list.
4. Fixed: The sync on connect / startup option was not working as expected.
5. Fixed: When connecting a handheld device, the handheld's Action Window will autmatically be shown.
6. Changed: When disconnecting a handheld, the associated action window will automatically close.
7. Fixed: Podcast web pages sometimes opened outside the MC window.
8. Fixed: iPods with podcasts uploaded from iTunes could cause a crash.
9. Changed: When Media Center fails to load a cached thumbnail, it resets itself so it rebuilds the thumbnail.
10. Fixed: Restoring a library wouldn't reset the thumbnails from the previous library, causing some thumbs to not appear.
11. Fixed: Changing a selection in the panes would not reset the scroll position of the bottom list when showing a new set of files.
12. Fixed: Playlists were not transferring to portable devices correctly.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Media Center 11.1.104 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 09:15:54 pm »

Library view "sorting" isnt working. I changed between "A-Z" and "Date played" but the list doesnt change.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 11:04:44 pm »

Library view "sorting" isnt working. I changed between "A-Z" and "Date played" but the list doesnt change.
same here
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 12:07:58 am »

Library view > artists.
If an artist has multiple album art it does not scroll on 'mouse over'.
As far as I can see this does not work for recently added album art.
Matbe related is that it takes some time for album art to pop up in the artists view. It does not directly show after I paste the image.
(Al my album art is stored in the file)
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 03:05:07 am »

from build 103:
Search only works in "Panes" mode, when you select something else than "Panes" (eg "Genre"), search doesn't work

is fixed

This build wants to transfer all of my image files everytime I sync the iPod

is fixed

thx
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 03:15:25 am »

John Gateley 7. Fixed: MC was slow on startup when playing a CD and there is a large library.

Yes it is fixed thanks Matt & John
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 05:17:57 am »

Very slow moving from playlist to playlist. Takes seconds to display new lists.

CD burning issues with this build. First inserting a blank CD into my PC while MC was running, clicking "take no action" when the MS dialog box opens, caused MC to freeze - Task Manager reported that MC wasn't responding. Restarted MC while the disc was in the burner, selecting files to burn caused MC to crash, restarted MC, again crashed while selecting files to burn after getting to that part of the AW.

Tried to go through the same routine and only inserted blank disc when MC requested it - MC crashed again.

Given up trying to burn a CD now.

John.

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 06:14:50 am »

Are we going to see podcasts in the podcast section of the IPOD in the 11.1 release?

Keep up the great work!

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Distortion Between Tracks
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 06:47:23 am »

Changing between tracks sometimes I hear a 'scratching' sometime get white noise'
Went back to .103 and do not get this.

Files are all APE, 3.99 Normal on a local drive.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 492 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 08:39:25 am »

Defined a Handheld portable as a folder on a external hard drive and noticed these:

1. When using Options -> Handheld -> Device Management -> Add Device ..., the Device path field is read-only so you can't just type in the folder location (for the device).  You are forced to Browse.

2. Under Files & Paths, the Playlist Path does not accept your folder location changes and always reverts back to Playlist\ (the default).  Other paths may have this problem, I did not test them all (just Playlist and Audio Paths and Audio worked).

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 09:15:15 am »

my custom field: "album rating" has gone all strange. all albums i tagged to "3" now show up under the "2" listing in the pane, and there isnt a "3" listing at all. Yet in "tag info" the albums are correctly tagged to "3".

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 10:19:33 am »

my custom field: "album rating" has gone all strange. all albums i tagged to "3" now show up under the "2" listing in the pane, and there isnt a "3" listing at all. Yet in "tag info" the albums are correctly tagged to "3".

Could you send a library backup to gateley at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 11:54:03 am »

MC locks up for about 20 seconds when syncing to Handheld (Dell DJ) after you press the Sync button in the AW Handheld pane.  During this time, MC is unresponsive (you can't click anywhere in MC).

When I'm syncing just playlists (3 lists of 65 tracks each) (no tracks have to be transferred), MC locks up for 20 seconds (Sync button freezes in the down position) and then you finally see the progress bar and the playlists sync in just a few seconds.

I think it's a bug that it locks up and MC is unusable.  Seems like it should still be responsive while it's thinking or whatever it's doing and show the progress bar doing 'something'.

I did do a Debugview with all events enabled and while MC was paused for the 20 seconds (from the time I clicked Sync) there was no (none) debug messages, then a bunch msgs and the sync completed in less than 2 seconds (of the 3 playlists).

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 12:40:08 pm »

Past four or 5 builds have been giving me the incomplete shutdown dialogue box, without fail, everytime windows is shutdown without first closing MC. When I restart the comp and load MC, the dialogue pops up.

If I first close MC, then shutdown or reset, everything loads fine the next time MC is launched.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 01:26:31 pm »

Using the Command MCC 10014 in Theatre View causes
Media Center to Minimize, but then it returns to Theatre view.
This also effects the mode switches.
It always ends up returning to theatre view.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 04:11:15 pm »

Yes i can confirm this now  >:(

Very slow moving from playlist to playlist. Takes seconds to display new lists.

CD burning issues with this build. First inserting a blank CD into my PC while MC was running, clicking "take no action" when the MS dialog box opens, caused MC to freeze - Task Manager reported that MC wasn't responding. Restarted MC while the disc was in the burner, selecting files to burn caused MC to crash, restarted MC, again crashed while selecting files to burn after getting to that part of the AW.

Tried to go through the same routine and only inserted blank disc when MC requested it - MC crashed again.

Given up trying to burn a CD now.

John.

Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Distortion Between Tracks
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 04:22:19 pm »

same issue for me !  ?

Changing between tracks sometimes I hear a 'scratching' sometime get white noise'
Went back to .103 and do not get this.

Files are all APE, 3.99 Normal on a local drive.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 492 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
Pages: [1]   Go Up