INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists Auto Import Issue  (Read 2095 times)

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Playlists Auto Import Issue
« on: January 28, 2006, 07:54:35 am »

MC has a habit regarding adding some non-imported media files into playlists:

MC always automatically import any files added to a playlist in the media library... which is annoying somehow!..
For example, when i want to add some streaming media files to playlist as a shortcut to its URL..

that way i won't need them the media library (or else i will proceed to this setp from the beginning).

I hope you consider this issue in later builds of MC...
Tamer

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: Very Annoying Playlists Auto Import Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 07:51:45 pm »

Is there any plans to fix this issue j. river ?
Tamer

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 02:21:26 am »

MC has a habit regarding adding some non-imported media files into playlists:

MC always automatically import any files added to a playlist in the media library... which is annoying somehow!..
This has bugged me for quite some time now. I don't see why media needs to be imported to be present in a playlist either.

The only reason i can think off is for library tags etc. those that are only stored in the library and not written to the file. They can't be stored/tracked in the library since the files were not imported yet. Fields like number of plays, last played etc will be ignored, beteen plays unless those tags are saved to the file itself.

So maybe as a precaution against this.

TimMedcalf

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 10:52:40 pm »

I'm not sure that i've understood your problem correctly, but have you checked that the Options | General | Interface | Automatically
Import Files into Media Library
is switched off?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 05:07:13 am »

Besides unticking the option "Automatically Import the files..." don't import the playlists if you don't want them appear in the media library. Just drag the playlist file in the Playing Now or right-click > Media Center > Play, Add to Playing Now or Replace & Play in Windows Explorer (The shell integration must be enabled).

If you like to keep a playlist listed inside MC then you naturally have to import it. MC has no other way to memorize the files than having them inside the database. It is a trivial task to exclude unwanted playlist files from view schemes if needed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 07:04:08 am »

.. Just drag the playlist file in the Playing Now or right-click
You cant create a playlist in MC unless the files are imported or the act or making such a playlist means that the files will by default be imported (when you might not want such at the time).

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
Streaming playlists
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 01:26:10 pm »

I'm replacing Meedio (recently purchased by Yahoo!) in my HTPC setup with my beloved MC and am finding that this particular behavior is more than just bothersome.  I've got some streaming Internet radio stations that change the contents of their playlist more often than I'd like.  I don't know if they're having trouble with some of their relays or what, I just know it's happened several times in the past couple of weeks.  Meedio just stores the URL for the playlist and goes out and fetches its contents when I play it and I'm insulated from the changes.  With MC, I'm not because MC adds each of the individual streams.  While this makes sense in some cases, I'd like to have, for instance, a RadioParadise 192K MP3 playlist stays current (i.e. MC stores the original URL and then refetches the contents the playlist each time I play it).

Is this possible or am I just SOL?  Maybe there's an alternative way of handling this?  I know that I could arrange each of the feeds in descending order of priority in a single playlist but that means I won't get any updates that they post on their servers.
Shortie
Pages: [1]   Go Up