INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sirshambling: MC 11.1 Burning Issue  (Read 4486 times)

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
sirshambling: MC 11.1 Burning Issue
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:38:51 am »

The Plextor DVD writer burning bug still exists - as I'm sure you're aware. Please don't finalise MC 11.1 before you fix this! Thanks. John.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: sirshambling: MC 11.1 Burning Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:50:55 am »

Please email johnt at jriver dot com with a full log after a crash.  We've bought several drives and tried on many systems, but still can't reproduce this.

Thanks for any help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:28:31 am »

You guys must end up with so much random hardware!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 09:30:57 am »

We've found a problem when Nero is installed.  Try uninstalling Nero and rebooting.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 09:40:52 am »

CD burning issues with this build. First inserting a blank CD into my PC while MC was running, clicking "take no action" when the MS dialog box opens, caused MC to freeze - Task Manager reported that MC wasn't responding. Restarted MC while the disc was in the burner, selecting files to burn caused MC to crash, restarted MC, again crashed while selecting files to burn after getting to that part of the AW.

Tried to go through the same routine and only inserted blank disc when MC requested it - MC crashed again.
Although there is still a separate problem on SirShambling's system with every CD burn operation taking 20 or 30 seconds (or longer), the problem of MC freezing up appears to have been caused by the Nero Fast CD Burning plugin. When that was disabled, SirShambling was able to burn a CD although it was slow. We're still working on the slow operations, but in the meantime, please disable the Nero software if you are having the app "freeze" during CD operations.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 03:55:21 pm »

We've discovered that the problem (slow CD access) was caused by a conflict with Kaspersky anti-virus software. Kaspersky apparently slows down certain types of access to basic CD operations by a factor of a thousand or more (5 seconds rather than 5 milliseconds). Thanks to Sirshambling for tracking this down.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up