INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast question  (Read 2003 times)

V-Man

Podcast question
« on: February 04, 2006, 04:20:57 pm »

I've just started using the podcast feature to automate my 'Best Of Moyles' downloads, and have downloaded the latest 2 episodes. I also have about 20 earlier episodes that I manually downloaded and I would like to have them appear in the Podcasts view with the new episodes, exactly as if I'd downloaded them through MC. Is this possible?
Thanks.

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Podcast question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 05:04:09 pm »

Have you tried importing them from the directory you downloaded them to?

Tools\Import Media\Add Folder\Browse...

Uncheck any other folders you may have in there before importing, just to be on the safe side.  I always seem to get duplicate podcasts showing, but at least they are there.

Hope this helps.

V-Man

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 06:36:06 am »

Hi Alan

Yes I had imported them into MC and they appear in library views alongside the MC-downloaded ones. But they don't show up under the Podcasts section of the tree, which would be more convenient. What I'd like to learn is, how does MC distinguish between a 'podcast' and a regular media file, in order to include or exclude it from the Podcasts view?

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 07:18:15 am »

I think the old files need to be in the directories that MC sets up for Podcasts, e.g. D:\Media\Podcasts\MotoGPod, where the D:\Media\Podcasts is the directory defined in Options\Podcasts and the MotoGPod is the Feed Name you used when you set up the feed.

Then run the import on your root Podcast directory.  As I said before, I get duplicates, one showing as On Disk, and one showing Click to Download, but you may not have the same result.

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 11:13:28 am »

What version MC are you using?  I tried this w/ 11.1.111 without success.

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 11:25:19 am »

I'm using 11.1.113 but this worked at least a few versions ago.  It's all a bit messy and I don't fully understand it but it seems to have worked for me so far  :-\  Maybe there's something else I'm doing as well but I can't remember, as I just play around with stuff until it works then leave well alone.

Alan

V-Man

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 02:36:06 pm »

Aha! It appears that if you go to Options->Library and change Edit Type of the 'Feed URL' and 'Episode URL' tags to Standard, you can manually set the Feed URL of your mp3s to be the same as you set for the podcast folder, and it then appears under the Podcasts section - also set the Episode URL to prevent it showing as 'Not an episode'.

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 11:47:34 pm »

Thanks, V-Man!!  Worked like a charm!

murraymusic

• Recent member
  • life is so twisted...
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 02:56:02 am »

I could really use the ability to have manually downloaded podcast that are in the podcast directory to show up when I click on the podcast title in podcast group. Yes I can build a view scheme but it is a pain to go back and forth. Plus the manually downloaded postcast don't show up on my Ipod as podcasts.

Aha! It appears that if you go to Options->Library and change Edit Type of the 'Feed URL' and 'Episode URL' tags to Standard, you can manually set the Feed URL of your mp3s to be the same as you set for the podcast folder, and it then appears under the Podcasts section - also set the Episode URL to prevent it showing as 'Not an episode'.

I tried the above but I can not change the Edit Type, it is greyed out.  I could find no options that would enable the edit field to be changed.

Am I missing something??

Murray Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up