INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes 5+ skin now available!  (Read 3294 times)

joeeckberg

iTunes 5+ skin now available!
« on: February 13, 2006, 10:49:54 am »

An iTunes skin (5+ for PC) is now available on the Skins and Plug-Ins page under Mega-ME Skins! I am open to your comments if you find errors you would like me to fix. Thanks to those who have notified me of errors so far.

Updates in version 1.1:
 - Cont, Shuffle & DPS buttons lowered
 - Spectrum Analyser colored black
 - Album Thumbnails now highlight blue
 - Player and Volume Controls centered

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: iTunes 5+ skin now available!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 02:09:15 am »

nice skin. thanks for your work, new skins are always welcome.

first bug I've come across involves the the analyser and the shuffle/repeat/dsp buttons:

as the analyser does its thing, the buttons top border flashes off and on.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 02:51:57 am »

Looks good  :)

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 02:31:39 pm »

In the library browsers when the album thumbnails are selected, their under text disappers,.. try changing the selected font color,
and another thing, which is the player controls (play/stop...etc) and volume control are too much left aligned try to give them a centered space as wide as the right search bar space...
Tamer

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 03:03:23 pm »

Nice skin, good work.

Beatnik

Pink Waters

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 11:09:03 pm »

I have some suggestions,
first, the player controls area space compared to the right one of the search bar (see my previous post)

second, in the tree view, the selected font color is white in iTunes while you set it to black, which does not make a contrast..

third, the searchbar is not identical to iTunes (in iTunes the edit box is grayed and have a magnifiying icon to its left - all this are possible to make by the way)

fourth, I see that it would be better if you resized the playbar info box to the smaller size (which is in iTunes) and get the volume bar right to the playbar controls (right as in iTunes) and use small black graphics for (shuffle, repeat...etc) in the playbar info box (which i think would be better), note: if you wanna make this you have also to change the media mode buttons to lets say the right of search bar to make contrast with the left side,.. anyway if you don't have breath for the whole issues in this step ignore it anyway :)

if you needed any hand, pm me i would be glad..
Tamer

joeeckberg

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 09:11:08 am »

I would like to do all of those... but alas I don't know how it's possible. Of course my goal was to have everything appear exactly as it does in iTunes but there are limiting factors I could not get around. In designing this skin I was limited by only having current skins as an example and the help document from JR last updated in 2003.

1. I cannot control the space. All other skins have this offset so there were not any examples on how to change it.
2. I cannot change the selection color. I investigated how to do this but could find no other skin that had a changing color on selection. One would also think you could just add a selectedtext="FFFFFF" to the xml file but MC doesn't recognize it.
3. I'd like to have a magnifying icon but once again, we are forced to use the down arrow. Every other skin also runs into this limitation.
4. Once again, I'm a broken record, I'd like it to appear like it does in iTunes but the player bar info box is not as resizable as one would want. Load up any other skin and you'll see they are all the same size. You'll also see the volume is always below the prev,play,forward buttons. I also contemplated using MC's standard cont,shuf,dsp buttons but could not resist using iTunes famous shuffle design button.

I do appreciate your suggestions and interest... and would welcome your help if you can get around these limitations. See if you can do it on your own client and then post some XML here. I'd be happy to make another release in the link above.

Pink Waters

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 10:26:31 am »

Ok give me sometime to work on that I will work on it every free time i have..
Tamer

joeeckberg

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 11:00:44 am »

Sounds good... don't work too hard... the changes you are speaking of are more visual "nice to haves" than actual errors or changes that would enable functionality that isn't currently available :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up