INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.154  (Read 6332 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.154
« on: March 24, 2006, 04:50:50 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111154.exe

11.1.154 (3/24/2006)

1. Fixed: The "Options" drop menu in Panes view was empty.
2. Changed: Removed the "Save View" option in Customize Current View. (too ambiguous and not too useful with newer library view system)
3. Changed: When switching library views to Genres, Artists, etc., the list will get the keyboard focus so Ctrl+A, left, right, etc. work without a click.
4. Changed: The optional alphabet above library views is now translatable.
5. Changed: Removed option to show bi-directional links under library tiles. (creates confusing link circles)
6. Changed: View header windows grey-out when they aren't the current view in a split view configuration.
7. Fixed: The UPnP Server omitted the content type header in the device description.
8. Changed: Further revision to how showing files at the bottom of a library view works. (pick "Always Show Files" in bottom file list Options menu to keep the list visible)
9. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)

11.1.153 (3/23/2006)

1. Fixed: Transitions in library tiles wouldn't look correct.
2. Fixed: Options > CD > Media Insert > Audio CD Action wasn't working properly.
3. Fixed: The library files header bar would be too tall if "Show Alphabet" was selected.
4. Changed: List right-click > Customize Current View replaced by "View" menu.
5. Changed: View headers for Playlists, Podcasts, Handhelds, etc. reworked to look and work more like library view header.
6. NEW: Added forward / back buttons to all headers.
7. Fixed: Problem logging out in Audible Service.
8. Fixed: Podcast one-click subscription sometimes was not working.
9. Fixed: Additional Mime-types were added to the Perbcast table.
10. Changed: Podcast one-click subscriptions now subscribe immediately w/o a Subscribe dialog.

11.1.152 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Audio analysis of certain files could cause a hang at the end of the file.
2. Changed: Improved handling of long multi-line thumbnail captions in library grouping views.
3. Fixed: In rare cases, library grouping views could crash.
4. Fixed: In "Panes" view, the Options drop menu was empty.
5. Changed: Launching the program while Media Server is running wouldn't properly honor the startup view settings.
6. Fixed: Deleting a playlist while PerbCasting it could cause a crash.
7. Fixed: PerbCasts had an incomplete/inconsistent Mime-type/Extension/Media-type table.

11.1.151 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.
2. Fixed: Numbers with labels (i.e. 4 minutes remaining) would not show properly in some places.
3. Changed: Made each page of a library view have its own settings for thumbnail size, sorting, etc.
4. Changed: Further revisions to how showing files below library groupings works.
5. Changed: Optional deletion of files not in a sync for a handheld will only delete "supported" file types.
6. Changed: Double-clicking on a grouping tile in a library view goes into the next level. (use the "Play" link or right-click to play)
7. Changed: For translation, phrases ending with a colon no longer require the colon to be translated. (so URL and URL: aren't two entries in the language file)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.154
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 05:12:40 pm »

Podcast feeds have stopped appearing over Media Server -- the client's "feed" tree is empty even though the server DOES have several feeds listed.  I first noticed this with build 153 today (before updating to 154), but it continues with 154, and it could have started a few builds before this since I haven't been checking the podcast tree every day, but I've been upgrading to each new build.  Based on my tests (see below) I'm starting to question my sanity on this, but I'm NEARLY positive that this wasn't an issue a little while back -- i.e. i.e. I seem to remember specifically noticing that the client's podcast tree would mirror the server's (which is the way it "should" work.)

Now, not even the "default list" is showing up on the client.  On the server, I see all the default feeds plus a couple of my own.  The client, however, doesn't show ANY feeds.  I can make the default list show up on the client by hitting the "Add Default Feeds" button, but these just disappear when I close and re-launch MC on the client (which makes sense since the server's library doesn't get re-written.) The feeds that I've added on the server don't show up on the client at all.

UPDATE:  Just to clarify, the Podcasts that I've downloaded DO show up on the client.  It's just the "feeds," which normally show up in the tree on the left, that are gone.

UPDATE:  I just reverted the client to 135, and the problem is still present (I did NOT revert the server, however.)  This seems odd since I'm pretty sure that it was working with this build before.  Regardless of when (or even "if") it worked before, the bottom line is that it's not working now, meaning that if you use a client with Media Server to access your library, you currently can't keep a list of podcast feeds on this machine since even if you "add" a feed, this feed will be gone when you restart MC on the client.

Thanks,

Larry

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 05:26:55 pm »

--  If you resize thumbnails, you have to do it for all view.... Please create a resize all setting.
-- If you have something highlited, The middle says  Oasis Files, but if you have only that album showing, but you don't have it highlited it says All files.
That is very confusing
-

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 05:51:19 pm »

The podcast window buttons get cropped off on an 800x600 screen.  The horizontal scroller only moves the list view (which I'd expect).  Lose the image and it'll free up enough room to let those buttons slide in from the right.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 07:36:45 pm »

Awesome, the problems concerning panes options, detail views sticking, save and reset confusion have all been fixed and it is all working perfect.

I can't find one thing wrong concerning custom view setting and making it stay that way, as far as i am concern don't change anything concerning this topic, this is exactly what i hoped it would be when it was finalized.

TC  :) :)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 07:43:05 pm »

The Audible playback issues remain -- i.e. 1) an Audible file that is allowed to "finish" cannot be played again until the position slider is moved while MC is "trying" to start playing it, and 2) the time counter for Audible files will sometimes start at "0:00" even though we're a ways into the track (the time counter does not start at the bookmark postion.)   For more information on these issues, please see this post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32830.msg224918#msg224918

Thanks,

Larry

jgreen

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 08:44:22 pm »

Help!!

The new greyed-out top thingies aren't picking up negative effects.  Aruba/negative is thoroughly confusing, I'm not sure whether the lighter is greyed out or the darker--neither are obeying the negative effect, FWIW.  The lighter is the same color as the breadcrumbs, which are only visible in the darker, which I think is the unselected color.  Great idea, though.  I'd love to see this continued, in negative.

Also the customizable tumbs is really good, IMO.  True, some effort required the first time through (and after and upgrade, since these things don't seem to carry in the library file),  but what a great setup!  Thanks, Matt--I know you hate options, but if I have 15,000 files I can stand 3 or 4 options.

Double-click access to stacks is Da Bomb!!

jgreen

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 09:22:18 pm »

Occassionally, with Playing Now in a split view, the top bar thingy will not entirely get light grey when PN has focus.  Only the far left and far right, the arrows and the options, will get lighter.  The middle retains the darker color.

There seem to be some new rules for navigating libraries, for example audio and images, in split views.  If the top of 3 views has focus in images, clicking on audio takes you to a view where the bottom may have focus, seemingly.  Clicking back to images takes the bottom view, not the top view as expected.

jgreen

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 09:53:41 pm »

Okay.  I tried turning off the negative effect, just to understand what was intended with the top thingy highlights. 

First of all, you guys who aren't using the negative effect are missing out on a darn good light show with the dancing Spectrum Analyzers in the Status Bar.  It's at least 4 1/2 times cooler than the standard Aruba, fatter and much brighter, although the backwards left channel is much less objectionable witout the negative effect.

At any rate, I discovered that the top thingy for Playing Now retains the same font under the negative, while othe active windows get a highlighted text that isn't there in standard view.  This makes it impossible to see.

The top thingy bars actually match without the negative.  If you could make them obey the negative then it would look equally fashion-correct.

While you're at it, could you make the thumb drop shadows obey negative, so that they become drop highlights?  That would be supremely cool looking.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 10:27:32 pm »

The option to automatically save a log during secure rip mode only appears to be saving the log for the first CD you rip while also using AutoRip mode.

Scratch that. I figured out what MC is doing. It's not the desired behavior, though. Rather than save the log for every CD it rips after it's done ripping, it saves one big log at the end of an autorip function, but in the folder of the last CD it ripped. Which is kind of counterintuitive because if I want to read the log for a particular CD, I have to try and remember which CD I ripped last during that same autorip function.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 12:06:14 am »

Tivo Server seems to be broken - See Tivo Forum for details.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 01:12:07 am »

in the option drop list in library view, the space slider modifies size of thumbnails too

when i was trying to paste coverarts for movie files, I noticed that it saves them to the cover art directory in a form like that : - 14_10_2005 .. and that made some overwrite eachothers

another thing which i noticed:
I have 2 movie parts for 1 film, with the same cover art, and have the main film name under the field "Comment" , when i browsed it in the library browser with thumbnails it showed me 2 stacks !!
Tamer

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 04:08:42 am »

I am using the Pixos skin with Effect 'Negative'. In this mode the breadcrumbs are not visible!!
They work but you can not see them.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 04:12:40 am »

5. Changed: Removed option to show bi-directional links under library tiles. (creates confusing link circles)

I like the 'Show all links option'. If you do not want use, just turn it off!

Now I go from genres to Disco and than I can only drill down to Albums, but not Artists or Songs.   :'(

LonWar

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 06:39:07 am »

When you are deleting from an Ipod, It says deleting. Can you not add a 1 of 54 or a status bar?
When you are syncing, If you press details, you have to scroll to the bottom to see any new tracks, Can you add a link beside options to view new?
-

jgreen

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 08:12:08 am »

With the new Greyed out/Highlighted top thingy, clicking on the top thingy in split views determines focus always, which is good.  But clicking on a track within a split view, gives that track a highlight, which is retained even after a different view and track have focus.  Therefore a NON-highlighted track can be selected if the view has focus from the top thingy.  This is confusing.  Track highlights need to follow the focus determined from the top thingy.

dcwebman

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 09:09:51 am »

2. Changed: Removed the "Save View" option in Customize Current View. (too ambiguous and not too useful with newer library view system)
I don't quite understand this change. Yes, it was confusing. But if I understand correctly after trying it, if I want all the details of the View Schemes under Audio to look the same, I have to save it as a Preset and go load it for each and every view scheme? Isn't there an easier way like before?

Jeff
Jeff

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 01:37:27 pm »

Now I go from genres to Disco and than I can only drill down to Albums, but not Artists or Songs.   :'(

Yeah, that was nice.

I have moved back to 11.1.140 which was a really solid build with that option in.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 04:34:24 pm »

You can still drill in any number of levels at any tile.  If you're at a Genre, you can go straight to artists, albums, or files.  This change only affects moving in reverse. (i.e. going from albums to genres)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 05:47:52 pm »

Sorry I'm just getting around to requesting this... it's been a problem for a while:

Please provide a way to visibly see which playback settings are currently in use, either regular or alternate. I want to verify that my Alt-M worked just by looking up at the display area (so I know if I'm going to get a fade transition between songs or a gapped transition, for example).

I would be very happy if you just made the playback setting a field that I could add to my customized display, whose value would either be "Regular" or "Alternate".

Thanks very much,
Jeff

jgreen

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 05:57:52 pm »

Jeff--
This is already built in, I use it for my ASIO and Wave Out  zones.  Instead of using alternate settings, create seperate zones which feed to the same output, but have different settings.  Name them, and they shoud appear in the progress bar at the top; "zone" is a default field for that.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 06:03:23 pm »

Sorry I'm just getting around to requesting this... it's been a problem for a while:

Please provide a way to visibly see which playback settings are currently in use, either regular or alternate. I want to verify that my Alt-M worked just by looking up at the display area (so I know if I'm going to get a fade transition between songs or a gapped transition, for example).

I would be very happy if you just made the playback setting a field that I could add to my customized display, whose value would either be "Regular" or "Alternate".

Thanks very much,
Jeff

Good point

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 06:07:47 pm »

Jeff--
This is already built in, I use it for my ASIO and Wave Out  zones.  Instead of using alternate settings, create seperate zones which feed to the same output, but have different settings.  Name them, and they shoud appear in the progress bar at the top; "zone" is a default field for that.

Well this is not the same behaviour that Jeff (and me) means. Different Zones have different "Playing now" playlists...

JONCAT

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 10:13:58 pm »

1. "I am using the Pixos skin with Effect 'Negative'. In this mode the breadcrumbs are not visible!!
They work but you can not see them."

I use the same skin on my XP & x64 machines, and suddenly have a white bar on my otherwise all black skin.

Installed .53 on both and the XP machine got a white bar in Negative PixOS at top but x64 didn't. Now after installing .54 on both, both machines have this BRIGHT white bar just under the Display Window, and of course, I can't see the breadcrumbs....my poor eyes  ;D

www.catuccio.net/Clipboard01.jpg

2. Large monitors call for large fonts to edit fields, unfortunately Tiles are horribly cut off with any chosen Tile size; can these be seperated and customizable apart from the tag field and system fonts? Right now it feels buggy that they don't auto-size or word wrap.

www.catuccio.net/Clipboard02.jpg

Dr. C

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 01:22:49 am »

What happened to double-clicking on an album thumbnail?   It used to start playing the album.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 07:53:29 am »

What happened to double-clicking on an album thumbnail?   It used to start playing the album.

It still does, make sure you have the option set correctly, look for it here:

Tools / Options / General / Behavior / Double Click

TC  :)

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 01:18:54 pm »

It still does, make sure you have the option set correctly, look for it here:

Tools / Options / General / Behavior / Double Click

TC  :)

I've never touched it ... it's set to "Double-click: Replace Playing Now (all)".

LonWar

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »

I've never touched it ... it's set to "Double-click: Replace Playing Now (all)".

A lot of users were pushing to have double click drill down a level.

-

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 08:07:58 pm »

Changing libraries is still wiping out the thumbnails of my default library every time i return to it. I should note that I have changed the path of the thumbnails file in the registry so that it is on the same drive as the music.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2006, 01:54:35 pm »

You can still drill in any number of levels at any tile.  If you're at a Genre, you can go straight to artists, albums, or files.  This change only affects moving in reverse. (i.e. going from albums to genres)

It is 100% depending on how the Audio Scheme is set up. I had Artists before Genres and therefore I could not drill Artists from Genre. Before this was no problem.
And there was an option to switch the reverse links on and off. What could a person want more.

gappie

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2006, 03:59:02 pm »

when choosing 'names' in the upper left corner, or underneath albums in album view, 'track #' is nearly always 1, sometimes 2. it seems like it is a calculated field, for when there are two songs with the same name. can be nice but then the name is confusing.

i made a picture to make it more clear:
http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/mctrack.JPG

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2006, 06:41:30 pm »

I'm with Dutch Peter. I have never read any post saying it is confusing. To the contrary I have read many posts suggesting that the reverse browsing feature be added to the panes view (before you implemented the feature into the new tiles view). If anything, keep the feature and just set its default to off.

I had actually rearranged some of my viewschemes so that I could double click drill through my Genre/Artist/Album fields quickly, but could still filter by Mood/Sub Genre/ etc. using the "view" pull down menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up