INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most Popular Albums  (Read 1236 times)

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
Most Popular Albums
« on: April 13, 2006, 03:06:53 am »

Hi there... am just getting the hang of Auto-sync playlists and am really beginning to love it! One thing that is niggling me though is I don't know how to select, say my top 50 albums.
Currently if i order by most played and then limit to 50 albums I get my top tracks and the first 50 albums that they come from. What I would like to be able to do is average out the number of plays per track and then select the top 50 albums this way? I can devise a viewscheme to do this (Albums and then using the menu - sort by number of plays) but I can't get a playlist! grr!

Another idea that i thought would be useful is being able to link tracks together so that their playcount is combined. Eg. I have 5 copies of "Biology" by Girls Aloud and have them all for completeness (from various albums/singles/compilations) it would be nice to have their playcounts combined as if I add them all up then this is by far my most popular song but I have 5 copies of it in my top 10!! Any ideas?

gappie

Re: Most Popular Albums
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:32:48 pm »

interesting question. i was wondering also this.  ;)

Dutch Peter

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 11:58:03 pm »

I do not think there is a 'Group by Album & Sum off Rating' possible.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 12:04:26 pm »

brainsup,

I have the same problem (Top Albums) and have not figured out a perfect solution for it.  What I currently do is use a simillar view scheme to you, and then occasionally select my Top 25 Albums from the view scheme and drag them to a regular playlist.  It is not automatic, but I find that my top albums do not change that often.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 11:01:01 am »

it just seems as if it should be possible! It can be done in the viewchemes but not in a playlist! grrrrrr!!!! Your suggestion sounds like a good one and I think I'll use it for now... I would like a field that holds the average rating/plays by album and artist, you could make some cool smartlists then!  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up