INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.172  (Read 8151 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.172
« on: April 14, 2006, 04:25:05 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111172.exe

11.1.172 (4/14/2006)

1. Fixed: Wait messages could show invalid text in some cases.
2. Fixed: The "Top Hits" stock smartlist could show files that had never played if there hadn't been 100 plays of other files yet.
3. Fixed: "Redetect Devices..." could cause a crash if pressed immediately after detecting a device.
4. Fixed: With continuous playback off, and "CD Player Style" previous wouldn't work properly for the first track in a playlist.
5. Fixed: Media Editor was not properly decoding files.
6. Changed: Thumbnail size slider preserves spacing used in Customize Current View...
7. Changed: Tuned aspect ratio used by thumbnail size slider to be media type specific.
8. Fixed: During multiple CD rip process, CD's would not always eject upon rip completion.

11.1.171 (4/10/2006)

1. Fixed: During Audio Analysis or Format Conversion, keyboard shortcuts would not work properly.
2. NEW: Update the French translation. (thanks Jean-Marc)
3. Changed: The Action Window no longer has an empty row at the bottom of it.
4. Fixed: Quickly double-clicking in the panes could play items from the previous selection.
5. Fixed: MC would occasionally list all (or nearly all) files on a device in duplicate.
6. Fixed: MC could have trouble reconciling a file on a device if it didn't have an album name.
7. Fixed: Syncing to some devices failing due to bad metadata.
8. Fixed: When ripping from multiple CD drives, CD's ejected and re-inserted at odd times.

11.1.170 (4/8/2006)

1. Fixed: The installer could crash on some systems.

11.1.169 (4/7/2006)

1. NEW: Added more skin effects under Tools > Skins > Skin Effects...
2. Fixed: Shell extensions could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, some button text could appear the wrong color.
4. Fixed: If focus was shifted away from the installer during an upgrade install, it would not always finish properly.

11.1.168 (4/7/2006)

1. Fixed: Launching Media Center while Media Server or Media Center was already running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Package Installer (Check for Updates, skin installation, etc.) would exit with an error.
3. Fixed: Tagging mode would reset list selections after making a change.
4. Fixed: Refresh (F5) wouldn't properly preserve the file list state in pane mode.
5. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, button text could appear the wrong color on the over and down states.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EpF

Re: Media Center 11.1.172
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 05:23:23 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33127.msg227019#msg227019
Ratings are still not showing up in panes properly.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 07:27:58 am »

Action Window:

TAG INFO will not be translated...

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 12:52:49 pm »

Hi,

Still having Pocket PC sync problems in this build. Files that are transferred are 0 bytes, and the status field shows 'Error' for each file.

Link to the Handheld debug taken: http://ken.wakefield.free.fr/Screenshots/MCLog0415.txt

Please let me know how I can help to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Kwake

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 02:42:24 pm »

selecting from stacks covers albums and then changing views then returning back to audio saves the view to albums... its not a good idea since selections are not saved
Tamer

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 07:50:40 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug or just the way MC does it, but when I type in the search field for an artist not explicitly though and then locate that artist within the tiles and then select albums, other artists albums show up as well.

Should this be happening?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 05:58:20 am »

I have noticed that MC is apending a (1).mp3 to the file when converting to the same format even if it is only file with that name.

this is converting from mp3 to mp3 at a lowerbit rate and using the Gogo encoder as a external mp3 encoder.

not sure about the other mp3 encoder's and settings
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 06:15:29 am »

A few things:

1. Last option category name doesn't appear:

2. Drilling down into a view scheme (eg set up as Genre/Artist/Album - choosing Pop/Michael Jackson) then clicking a different view scheme (eg Images) then back to the first results in all albums be shown, instead of just Michael Jackson albums. The same thing happens at startup, so I'm normally presented with thumbnails of all albums (not very helpful), instead of thumbnails of genres like it used to.

3. More of a question: Will MC ever be able to remember split views at startup? It's so annoying to have to click to select the bottom view then have to click playing now, then click in the top view - every single time MC starts up for eternity if I want to use split views the way I like (library on top, playing now on bottom). Just seems a really simple thing to implement??

Ed.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:51:35 am »

I have noticed that MC is apending a (1).mp3 to the file when converting to the same format even if it is only file with that name.

this is converting from mp3 to mp3 at a lowerbit rate and using the Gogo encoder as a external mp3 encoder.

I just tried it with Lame As The Encoder internal and it also putts a (1).mp3 at the end of the media file.

there was another user reported this a few weeks ago
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 10:16:28 am »

• When MC attempts to import .mov files from my camera, it's renaming them based on the Image Name setting I have in the Scanner Options. So it's getting saved with a .jpg extension and it's doing something funky to the file as well, because even if I rename it back to a .mov extension, it's unplayable. It's almost like it's trying to convert the .mov to .jpg.

Here's a link to the resulting file...

Before I renamed it...
After I renamed it...

***Edit***

I Aquired Images at home, and it transferred and deleted the .mov files from my camera (incorrectly as described above), even though I didn't have .mov specified in the camera options.

• When using Autorip, Multiple CD-ROM drives, and ripping to APE + CUE, strange things happen. See this thread for more details.

• Rather than save the log for every CD it rips after it's done ripping, it saves one big log at the end of an autorip function, but in the folder of the last CD it ripped. Which is kind of counterintuitive because if I want to read the log for a particular CD, I have to try and remember which CD I ripped last during that same autorip session.
  • MC is storing View Settings based on the name of the View Scheme. If the name changes to something never used before, then MC creates a new View based on that name. Rename it back to what it was before, and MC will show you the View as it was under that name. Give it a completely new name again, and you get the default view settings again. This behavior persists even after closing and restarting MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 11:45:12 am »

A few things:

1. Last option category name doesn't appear:

You have old customized art.  Either remove the customized art or re-install custom art that supports the latest MC.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 11:46:21 am »

When burning a MP3 data CD:

-I set up a list of files much like I had done many times in the past, but did not realize I had included some ogg files that would be converted.

-The AM display then indicated that it was creating an ISO image.  My big complaint is that there is no progress indicator to let you know that something is actually happening.

-As I had never done this before (always had mp3s only burning straight to disc), I didn't realize how long it could take.  I cancelled the operation on the AW.  After looking thru the options to see if I had accidentally set an option to create ISO first (but I then discovered it was because I had ogg files that needed to converthttp://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3.0
Media Center included), I then discovered that the transcoded iso image is not removed by MC after finishing its operation.

-Finally, when I tried again and actually let MC complete the iso image, it then went on to display "Writing Lead-in" for an extended period of time..... It never displayed any other status until it completed successfully and ejected the disc.

SwellGuy

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 12:24:42 pm »

EpF,

Try this...

(([Artist Rating]=1 [Rating]=3-5) or ([Artist Rating]=2-5 [Rating]=1-5))

(assuming Artist Rating is 1 to 5)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 04:23:00 pm »

Tools->Options->Startup
Context Sensative Help is broken.

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 04:34:26 am »

I just realized it would be better to post this here, as it is an actual bug, rather than just a feature request:

I keep noticing that around 100 files (random I think, but often including entire albums) get synced unnecessarily. They aren't even songs that I've listened to since the last sync. To test this, I did 'recheck sync', then synced, then did another 'recheck sync' immediately afterwards, without changing anything, and it listed 112 files to be synced.

I did a 'Rebuild Database' on the mp3 player, and the problem still persists, except the number of files  that are being incorrectly synced has dropped to 8. I have an Archos Gmini XS202. Sync is set to 'Playlist' mode, which includes a smartlist that is every audio file. No converting is done.

Media Center Registered 11.1.172 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2811 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 524 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 08:46:11 am »

I just realized it would be better to post this here, as it is an actual bug, rather than just a feature request:

I keep noticing that around 100 files (random I think, but often including entire albums) get synced unnecessarily. They aren't even songs that I've listened to since the last sync. To test this, I did 'recheck sync', then synced, then did another 'recheck sync' immediately afterwards, without changing anything, and it listed 112 files to be synced.

I did a 'Rebuild Database' on the mp3 player, and the problem still persists, except the number of files  that are being incorrectly synced has dropped to 8. I have an Archos Gmini XS202. Sync is set to 'Playlist' mode, which includes a smartlist that is every audio file. No converting is done.

Media Center Registered 11.1.172 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2811 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 524 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No

If MC thinks a file should be synced, it means MC doesn't think it's on the device.  This can only happen if the artist, album, genre, track #, or media type that the device reports for a file doesn't match the file in your sync.  Can you look at the files on the device and see if any of them have missing or strange values for the fields listed?

Thanks.

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 10:52:58 am »

All the incorrectly synced files look fine on the handheld (all tags present and correct). One thing I noticed though - I added quite a lot of coverart today, and afterwards, MC was syncing some of the associated MP3s incorrectly. (I don't have 'Enable Album Artwork support if possible' selected, and I've checked on the handheld - no artwork is being transferred).

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 11:04:09 am »

Apparently still not solved. See this topic I started in August 2005
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29093.msg201206#msg201206
MC simply cannot convert to the same format preserving the original filename...  ::)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 11:09:10 am »

3. More of a question: Will MC ever be able to remember split views at startup? It's so annoying to have to click to select the bottom view then have to click playing now, then click in the top view - every single time MC starts up for eternity if I want to use split views the way I like (library on top, playing now on bottom). Just seems a really simple thing to implement??

Ed.

Exactly - I really do wonder if it is such a complicated option to implement. Please do it - starting MC would be much easier and quicker...

jgreen

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 04:30:47 pm »

Not sure if this is an MC bug or a FLAC/vorbis tag thing, but here goes. . . .

In the "Date" field, entering 4-digit year only (1972, 1999, etc), any entries for the years "2003" and "2004" are written to the vorbis tags as December 30th of the year 1899 ("1899/12/30").  This doesn't happen with ID3v2 tags in mp3, and it only seems to happen with the years 2003 and 2004.  Maybe someone failed to get a bonus they were expecting for those years?  Other years seem fine, in fact I have some Jerry Garcia mp3's that I downloaded pre-tagged with the year 2010, and they work. 

Possibly it's a FLAC thing, so I'll post it to scthom's thread also.

EpF

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 09:01:59 am »

EpF,

Try this...

(([Artist Rating]=1 [Rating]=3-5) or ([Artist Rating]=2-5 [Rating]=1-5))

(assuming Artist Rating is 1 to 5)
Thanks SwellGuy - that worked! Why didn't it work the way I had it?

SwellGuy

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 01:16:21 pm »

EpF,

It didn't work on account of the bug in the app. 

Actually, it's a known issue we've been wrestling with for quite a while dealing with a succession of filters/searches when one of the filters/searches contains a range constraint. If we "fix" it to work in the situation you've presented it breaks down in other situations.

We're still not sure how (when, or if) we're going to come up with a solution so in the meantime your filters/searches will have to be constructed a bit differently.

Peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up