INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GML Files for MC 11.1 & 12 and Girder4  (Read 9152 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
GML Files for MC 11.1 & 12 and Girder4
« on: April 18, 2006, 08:16:43 pm »

If you haven't tried it out yet, Girder 4 is out and it is (IMHO) vastly improved over previous versions.  Two of the biggest changes affecting my use of it were:

• you can open multiple GML files at once
  • you can add conditionals to any node in the tree (actions and groups)

Either way, these two things change the way you would want to structure your GML files signifigantly.  There's no more testing for which application is in front and then enabling/disabling groups en masse.  Just simple conditionals attached to the tree.

I've created a set of two GML files that I'm using to work with MC 11.1 & 12 (and a bunch of other uses as well), which you are welcome and free to use if you'd like.

Download!

Current Version: 0.7 (20061109)

Requires:

Girder 4.x
SendMessage Plugin
Keyboard Plugin
(all included with Girder4 install, but must be activated in Options)

If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel to post.  I can't promise I'll jump right on it, but I'll try!   ;D

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
Re: GML Files for MC 11.1 and Girder4
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 06:04:34 pm »

It works for me!! Thanks.

Itīs possible to add TV control keys?
Go to linux

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:48:54 pm »

Sure.  I'll take a look at that this weekend.  I use BeyondTV for my TV needs so I didn't bother.

Now, if JRiver made the TV interface in MC worth using.......   ;D

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:10:49 am »

great!!! thank a lot!!
Go to linux

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 01:15:22 pm »

I didn't get to it this weekend (we're preparing to move and I got hung up with packing -- Ugh).  I should be able to play with it this evening though.  I'll post back when it's updated.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 03:16:57 pm »

Ok, thanks for your work glynor
Go to linux

jensen

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 10:05:30 am »

Hi,

I would like to have an event in Girder4.0 which is tied to detecting when playing tracks change. This would trigger an action to fade out GForce standalone display so Music Lobby could be breifly be observed. I just cant figure out the scripting or what file in MC to tie it to?

I would greatly appreciate any help!!

jojo1967

• Recent member
  • I'm a music junkie
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 05:42:57 pm »

I have a small issue, driving me nuts here.... I can't get the arrow keys to work and actually move the curser with it ? !   ? I have most everything else working very well..

Oh, one other thing I'd like to do.  I just changed my "daytime" play list, to only load 25 songs.  Is it possible to re-load the playlist after picking a few albums to listen to, then to go back to random play mode?  I used to use E-Jukebox which was great, except it used Winamp for playback.  It was a great juke box, until the developer let it almost die, he is back working at it, but now it seems I just can't go back to that anymore.  It's sad really, that was a great software

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 09:46:49 am »

I have a small issue, driving me nuts here.... I can't get the arrow keys to work and actually move the curser with it ? !   ? I have most everything else working very well..

I haven't had any similar problems... Have you looked at my Girder file at all?  I have the Arrow keys set up as arrows all the time (meaning it isn't specific to MC, it just sends the arrow keypresses to whichever application is in the foreground).  It works without problem.

My guess would be that it's related to your Target Window choice.  Does it work if you just have it sent to the front window?

Oh, one other thing I'd like to do.  I just changed my "daytime" play list, to only load 25 songs.  Is it possible to re-load the playlist after picking a few albums to listen to, then to go back to random play mode?

I'm really not sure what you are asking here.  Could you describe it in much more detail, step by step, to what you'd like to happen?

jojo1967

• Recent member
  • I'm a music junkie
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 12:46:30 pm »

I haven't had any similar problems... Have you looked at my Girder file at all?  I have the Arrow keys set up as arrows all the time (meaning it isn't specific to MC, it just sends the arrow keypresses to whichever application is in the foreground).  It works without problem.

I got the arrow key problem working, not sure where it was going wrong, but no it wasn't sending to any program, no matter what I did to the Target window.  I ended up going back to 'legacy G3' keyboard scripting and it works perfectly now..,...

I'm really not sure what you are asking here.  Could you describe it in much more detail, step by step, to what you'd like to happen?

Ok, what I'm looking for.... If a song is playing, say The artist is The Cars, I'm looking for a way to tell the system to either pull up all albums from that artist to add them to the que.   After that album is doen playing, I'd like the system to go back to the "Daytime" mix which is basically my 4 and 5 star favorites, played randomly if I'm not picking some albums. 

Basically, I'd like to be able to pick a few albums I want to hear, then go to a random play mode until I pick more music or change the playlist.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: GML Files for MC 11.1 & 12 and Girder4
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 01:08:13 pm »

Okay!  It's updated finally.

I've posted a new version of my GML files at the top of this thread.  Bumped it to version 0.7.

0.7 Changes:

• NEW: MC12 compatible (separate MC11 GML file still included)
  • FIXED: Vastly improved performance in many situations (all Window Exists checks are limited to occurring only once which speeds things up tremendously).
  • NEW: Included some TV commands
  • NEW: Included some DVD commands
  • NEW: Included bonus Firefox.gml file for controlling Firefox 1.5 and 2.0.
  • NEW: Included bonus Excel-ified MCCommands.h file for easy Windows Message command creation.

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 03:10:14 pm »

Glynor, would we be able to include your GML's in the standard G4 install?

Mike

bwa

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 03:56:58 pm »

This was really nice. I miss the rate 1-5 commands. Would you maye include them ?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 09:24:58 am »

Glynor, would we be able to include your GML's in the standard G4 install?

Perfectly fine with me.

This was really nice. I miss the rate 1-5 commands. Would you maye include them ?

I can try to take a look this weekend.  If I don't get to it then, it probably won't be until after the end of the year unfortunately.  I'm a little swamped right now with life and whatnot.

Adding those shouldn't be an issue though, assuming my wife gives me time on my machines at all this weekend!  ::)

bwa

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 11:50:26 am »

Still wishing for the rate commands .....

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 04:07:39 pm »

Sorry!  Didn't get to them.  I'll try not to forget after I get back from my little vacation here though (if I do, just bump this to remind me).

bwa

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 04:32:31 pm »

Reminder .... ;D

vision4u

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 05:18:22 am »

Dear Glynor,

Thank you for the gmls for MC. i need a help from you for the notifications for the mediacenter core.

i m trying to integrate core commands of MC 11 to Girder.i need help with the notifications starting with 34000. for example if the ripping is failed in MC i want girder to notify me it. the notification core for it is MCC_Notify_rip_failed . Can you help me how MC will force Girder to make the rip fail event occur?. You have put a windows messages folder for this purpose i think but i dont know how i m going to get notifications sent from MC to girder.

i ll be glad if you can help.

Thank you

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 08:18:07 am »

Reminder .... ;D

Doh... I forgot again!

Sorry.

i m trying to integrate core commands of MC 11 to Girder.i need help with the notifications starting with 34000. for example if the ripping is failed in MC i want girder to notify me it. the notification core for it is MCC_Notify_rip_failed . Can you help me how MC will force Girder to make the rip fail event occur?. You have put a windows messages folder for this purpose i think but i dont know how i m going to get notifications sent from MC to girder.

I'm not really sure how to do this.  You'll have to set Girder to listen for the event broadcast from MC (assuming MC broadcasts this event externally).  I'll look into it though, while I'm trying to fulfill bwa's request finally.

vision4u

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 08:36:33 am »

Thank you Glynor,

if you notice there is Notifications (used internally) part in the Media Core commands  which is starting with

MCC_Notifications_section =34000 . i think its kinda broadcasting notifications but i dont know how to listen them.

zero|fade

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 02:49:18 pm »

Just started fooling around with the trial of MC a few days ago, seems like a great program so far. I just about gave up on finding a good MC app that would run mkv's with subtitles (now I just wish it'd read chapters in em). Anywho, I've got a harmony 880 a UIRT and grider that I have setup for Media player classic, works great but it's a pain loading movies from the couch. So I figured on maybe switching to MC, now I've hit a snag in programing my remote. Can't seem to get the directional arrows or enter to work under your general commands. They work fine in anything when I just set focus to "Match Foreground Task", they don't seem to register when I set the focus to MC. I want em to only send commands to MC, that way someone can muck around on the net while I'm watchin movies on the couch. Is this possible to do with a generic keyboard command?

v Modified v

Ok, I seem to have managed a partial solution. I copied some commands from the media player classic 6.4.9.gml I was using and ran a full program capture on jrmc in thater mode, so I managed to grab the commands specific to navigation in thater mode... thought I was set, but it seems a little too specific. When you select a video file and the submenu pops up with "play, add, select, cancel" in it, the up down commands continue to scroll through the video files rather than the new submenu (I have the Child Class set to "JRiver Theater View" to get the commands to work). After running a capture looking for the commands in the submenu it seemed the only difference was the child class was set to "MenuEX Display Window Class". But when trying to set a different remote button to this it seemed to have no effect, not the most elegant solution either. Any ideas about this?

Also, I tried setting some soft keys to view audio, video, and images under switch mc modes > theater. and they test fine from grider, but don't work with the remote presses. Has anyone had an issue with these commands?

jwilson56

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 08:05:03 pm »

I don't see any zone commands for the version 11 gml. Am I missing them or could you add them? Thanks

John
Now Playing skin creator - NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total

Visit My Nowplaying Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up