INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.177  (Read 5034 times)

SwellGuy

Media Center 11.1.177
« on: April 25, 2006, 10:15:07 am »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111177.exe

11.1.177 (4/25/2006)

1. Changed: Spanish translation file updated.
2. Fixed: The word "ROOT" used in the base path for a handheld STILL not working properly for all devices. (MuVo, etc.)
3. Fixed: Some context menu items were not getting translated.

11.1.176 (4/24/2006)

1. Changed: LAME MP3 tail bytes ignored when playing from CUE files.
2. Changed: Improved support for the Sony PSP.
3. Fixed: The word "ROOT" used in the base path for a handheld still not working properly for all devices. (MuVo, etc.)
4. Fixed: The "restart ripping" link in the rip action window sometimes would not restart ripping.
5. Fixed: A cloned library would share thumbnails with the source library.

11.1.175 (4/20/2006)

1. Fixed: MC crashing related to downloading Audible content.
2. Changed: German translation file updated.
3. NEW: OmniFi DMS1 now in UPnP Device List.
4. NEW: OmniFi DMS1 now supports autodetection.
5. Fixed: The word "ROOT" used in the base path for a handheld wouldn't work properly. (PSP, etc.)

11.1.174 (4/19/2006)

1. Fixed: MC crashing related to translation of the action windows.

11.1.173 (4/19/2006)

1. Fixed: Silent import commands issued when MC wasn't running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Action window titles weren't getting translated.
3. NEW: Added substring searching to expression IsEqual(...) function.
4. Fixed: Some help links were broken.
5. NEW: OmniFi DMS now supported.
6. Changed: Scroll position is better preserved when changing thumbnail sizes.
7. Fixed: Drilling into a tile in a library view would change the start location you'd see when leaving and coming back to the view.
8. Fixed: Keyboard shortcut for Options (Ctrl+O) wasn't working correctly.
9. Fixed: Cue file ripping wasn't working with multiple CD drives.
10. Fixed: Tagging error messages were shown when ripping to a Cue file.
11. Fixed: Old Cue files were not overwritten even if "overwrite" was enabled by user.
12. Fixed: Sometimes during a multiple CD auto-ripping operation, MC would not restart ripping when a new CD was inserted.
13. Fixed: Secure ripping log for multi-CD autorip session is now saved separately in the folder for each CD ripped.
14. Fixed: If secure multi-CD autorip session was canceled, the log file showed all tracks canceled.
15. Fixed: When file conversion is set to replace the original file it would append (1) to the filename.
16. Fixed: Better status and progress messaging for CD burning of transcoded music files.
17. Fixed: Temporary ISO image file for CD burning of transcoded music files was not getting deleted.

11.1.172 (4/14/2006)

1. Fixed: Wait messages could show invalid text in some cases.
2. Fixed: The "Top Hits" stock smartlist could show files that had never played if there hadn't been 100 plays of other files yet.
3. Fixed: "Redetect Devices..." could cause a crash if pressed immediately after detecting a device.
4. Fixed: With continuous playback off, and "CD Player Style" previous wouldn't work properly for the first track in a playlist.
5. Fixed: Media Editor was not properly decoding files.
6. Changed: Thumbnail size slider preserves spacing used in Customize Current View...
7. Changed: Tuned aspect ratio used by thumbnail size slider to be media type specific.
8. Fixed: During multiple CD rip process, CD's would not always eject upon rip completion.

11.1.171 (4/10/2006)

1. Fixed: During Audio Analysis or Format Conversion, keyboard shortcuts would not work properly.
2. NEW: Update the French translation. (thanks Jean-Marc)
3. Changed: The Action Window no longer has an empty row at the bottom of it.
4. Fixed: Quickly double-clicking in the panes could play items from the previous selection.
5. Fixed: MC would occasionally list all (or nearly all) files on a device in duplicate.
6. Fixed: MC could have trouble reconciling a file on a device if it didn't have an album name.
7. Fixed: Syncing to some devices failing due to bad metadata.
8. Fixed: When ripping from multiple CD drives, CD's ejected and re-inserted at odd times.

11.1.170 (4/8/2006)

1. Fixed: The installer could crash on some systems.

11.1.169 (4/7/2006)

1. NEW: Added more skin effects under Tools > Skins > Skin Effects...
2. Fixed: Shell extensions could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, some button text could appear the wrong color.
4. Fixed: If focus was shifted away from the installer during an upgrade install, it would not always finish properly.

11.1.168 (4/7/2006)

1. Fixed: Launching Media Center while Media Server or Media Center was already running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Package Installer (Check for Updates, skin installation, etc.) would exit with an error.
3. Fixed: Tagging mode would reset list selections after making a change.
4. Fixed: Refresh (F5) wouldn't properly preserve the file list state in pane mode.
5. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, button text could appear the wrong color on the over and down states.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Media Center 11.1.177
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 10:59:06 am »

MC is still destroying my thumbnails when i change library if i have "erase orphans" selected. I have checked my default path for thumbnails and it just has one folder, even though i have 2 libraries.
Do I need to erase thumbnails? Or should i delete one library and start it from scratch?

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
doubled strings in language files
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:26:10 am »

While translating the german language file with bytestar we noticed that some strings are doubled in the files.
But not exactly the same. One string with a capital letter and the other only with small letters.
Here some of many other examples:

Click to keep this episode forever.
Click to Keep this episode forever.

Display settings
Display Settings

Image playback settings
Image Playback Settings

Video playback settings
Video Playback Settings

DVD playback settings
DVD Playback Settings

Failed opening mixer device.
Failed opening mixer device

Error creating file
Error creating file.

There were no program selected for the custom task.
There was no program selected for the custom task.

There were no name given for the custom task.
There was no name given for the custom task.

Is this intended?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here some incorrect strings:

Failed to creat window '%s' in the skin.

Unable to load picture'%s'

You need to have Hauppauge components on your computer to play TV using Media Jukebox.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And we can't understand these phrase while translating:

"%s has attempted to download this episode the number of times shown."

Failed to unprepare wave header.

Failed to advance.

Whats the meening of these phrase?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:46:58 am »

MC is still destroying my thumbnails when i change library if i have "erase orphans" selected. I have checked my default path for thumbnails and it just has one folder, even though i have 2 libraries.
Do I need to erase thumbnails? Or should i delete one library and start it from scratch?

Make a new library that's cloned from one of the existing libraries.  This will cause the new cloned version to get a new ID.

The bug (now fixed) was that cloned libraries didn't get a new ID, so old copies of cloned libraries could cause issues.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SwellGuy

Re: doubled strings in language files
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 03:29:18 pm »

Click to keep this episode forever.
Click to Keep this episode forever.

There were no program selected for the custom task.
There was no program selected for the custom task.

There were no name given for the custom task.
There was no name given for the custom task.

Failed to creat window '%s' in the skin.

Unable to load picture'%s'

You need to have Hauppauge components on your computer to play TV using Media Jukebox.

...have been fixed for the next build.

Failed to unprepare wave header.

...has been removed for the next build.

Display settings
Display Settings

Image playback settings
Image Playback Settings

Video playback settings
Video Playback Settings

DVD playback settings
DVD Playback Settings

Failed opening mixer device.
Failed opening mixer device

Error creating file
Error creating file.

We don't have a solution for these types of problems right now.

"%s has attempted to download this episode the number of times shown."

Something like...
"%s hat versucht, diese Episode zu downloaden die Zahl den gezeigten Zeiten."

Failed to advance.

Something like...
Konnte vorrücken nicht.

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 04:04:55 pm »

here is again a german language update, please inserts it into the next build.
http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/german.zip
Thanks

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 07:29:59 am »

Use screen grab for thumbnail isnt working for me

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 07:48:16 am »

Matt, I followed your instructions. I cloned my secondary library and deleted the one that i cloned from. So now i have 2 libraries that should have unique ids. However, there is still only one folder and thumbnails file in my default thumbnails folder path.

SwellGuy

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 09:38:35 am »

park,

After you've cloned and loaded a library there should be a new folder in the 'Thumbnails' folder for the new library. The folder isn't created until the new library is loaded and MC starts generating thumbnails for it.

jplumey

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 03:01:22 pm »

I am having a weird problem with syncing my ipod with this release. I sync once and everything is fine on the ipod. I do a resynch check immediately with nothing changing in my db and it shows me about a hundred files with 'Delete on Sync' and then those same hundred with 'In Queue'. Nothing has changed in the database since the sync. In fact it's only been about 30 seconds since the sync.

Any thoughts?

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 09:15:38 am »

Bug in the last few versions:

Turn on "Ignore article" in Sorting under Options. Things are fine in the MC views on the computer, but through the Tivo server and UPnP server, any Artist starting with an article disappears from the Artist/Artist/Album view, unless the Artist starts with a "T". An example: with Ignore Article turned off, "The Beatles" shows up under "T", but with it turned on, it doesn't appear under "B" like it used to. "The Temptations" appear under "T" regardless.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 03:06:04 pm »

Bug in the last few versions:

Turn on "Ignore article" in Sorting under Options. Things are fine in the MC views on the computer, but through the Tivo server and UPnP server, any Artist starting with an article disappears from the Artist/Artist/Album view, unless the Artist starts with a "T". An example: with Ignore Article turned off, "The Beatles" shows up under "T", but with it turned on, it doesn't appear under "B" like it used to. "The Temptations" appear under "T" regardless.

This is happening under Theater View as well.

loki128

• Recent member
  • It's some desu.
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 03:54:13 pm »

I am having a weird problem with syncing my ipod with this release. I sync once and everything is fine on the ipod. I do a resynch check immediately with nothing changing in my db and it shows me about a hundred files with 'Delete on Sync' and then those same hundred with 'In Queue'. Nothing has changed in the database since the sync. In fact it's only been about 30 seconds since the sync.

Similar problems here (although it's not just .177). I'm using an Archos GMini 402 Camcorder, syncing about 10 smartlists - and some files that are already on the player need a re-sync every time, the same way as above. Again, no major changes to the database, especially the files that need re-syncing.

Oddly enough, this happens (slightly) less when the player's in MTP mode and not UMS mode (as it can switch between the two).

Here's a screenshot: link
Pages: [1]   Go Up