INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: covers not found  (Read 2312 times)

alexbreugelmans

• Junior Woodchuck
covers not found
« on: April 29, 2006, 06:33:43 am »

most covers are not shown on my second pc, although i correctly stated the directory link in MC; is this an easy to solve problem, or do i have to attach covers to all files on the second pc also ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: covers not found
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 07:09:10 am »

MC does not automatically query the cover art files after you have imported the music files. On the initial import it usually finds the correctly placed and named cover art files.

This should be able to find your cover art files if you have previously used the default cover art file naming system:
Select all files > right-click > Image > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory.

If the library files contain dead cover art links you need the remove the old links first:
right-click > Image > Remove Cover Art

You may want to make the "Image File" field visible in "Customize Current View" for checking the current state.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

alexbreugelmans

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 01:00:11 pm »

This works for 80 %, so a very good tip indeed. When doesn't it work ? Certain files where I added the image as always (add > image library) don't seem to connect as they do on the other PC. I don't know the difference between the good and the bad ones. Maybe 1 other hint?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 01:03:49 pm »

Alex wrote up a very good description in an earlier thread here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=32323.0

alexbreugelmans

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 01:33:12 pm »

I'm exciting to try this, could you just tell me how to "Import the cover art files from the current cover art folder into this new library" ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 02:39:01 pm »

I'm exciting to try this, could you just tell me how to "Import the cover art files from the current cover art folder into this new library" ?

I am not sure what exactly you would like to know.

In general, the default cover art naming rule has been Artist - Album.jpg. MC tries to find a cover art file named like that from the defined cover art folder. If an album has more than one artists MC uses (Multiple Artists) - Album.jpg. A newer option is to use the universal Folder.jpg name for all images, but naturally that can be used only if the images are in the music file folders (one image in each album folder). I prefer to use Artist - Album.jpg in the album folder (next to file), which is the third available option. Besides using a predefined option you can manually link images without file naming or location restrictions.

If you are using local audio files on the second PC (not networked), an easy way to duplicate a library including the cover art links would be to restore a library backup zip file from the first PC on the second PC. Just make sure that you have copied the audio files and the cover art files to identical folders first.

If you have questions about the procedure I explained in the thread Jim mentioned please ask in that thread.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up