INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.184  (Read 8535 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.184
« on: May 15, 2006, 12:03:11 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111184.exe

11.1.184 (5/15/2006)

1. Changed: Proprietary MusicMatch field handling could cause MC-specific fields to fail to load with some tag configurations.
2. Fixed: When simultaneous rip/encode option was disabled, the last track ripped from a CD did not get cover art associated with it.
3. Fixed: Burning transcoded CD's (mp3 or wma) was not converting to the correct format in certain cases.
4. Fixed: If mp3 encoder failed to download, transcoded CD burn could be continued anyway and result in a coaster.
5. Changed: Theater View could be slower than expected on some systems due to font auto-sizing.
6. Changed: Track Info (and other visualizations) detect meta-data changes as track changes in http:// streams.
7. Changed: Slightly increased the minimum size of the on-screen display.
8. Fixed: Files not transferring to some Windows Mobile devices successfully (WMDM Bug: MSDN article #893027).

11.1.183 (5/5/2006)

1. Fixed: With certain font anti-aliasing schemes enabled, font auto-sizing would not work as expected.

11.1.182 (5/5/2006)

1. Changed: Updated the French translation. (thanks Jean-Marc)
2. Changed: Revised the shrink mode used by the panes during auto-sizing when there isn't enough space.
3. Changed: While in windowed mode, the close and restore buttons aren't shown on the top bar. (since the window itself has them)
4. Changed: Disc numbers of 0 and 1 don't sort as equals in the panes. (but they still do in lists)
5. Fixed: The right-most column wouldn't update the horizontal scrollbar after a resize in a file list.
6. Changed: More tuning to automatic font size selection system.
7. Changed: Updated Portuguese translation. (thanks ChicoSelfs)
8. Changed: Updated all translation files to contain latest source code phrases. (now at version 2.3)
9. Changed: Added "Conductor" as a default library field. (Media Center has always saved / loaded this from MP3 tags once created, but now it'll be automatically created)
10. NEW: After manually creating the fields "Instruments", "Featured Performers", "Classical Genre", "Track Artist", doing an "Update Library (from tags)" will load proprietary MusicMatch data for these fields. (read and write support)

11.1.181 (5/3/2006)

1. Changed: Creation of start menu shortcuts would not work as expected during a non-express upgrade install.
2. Fixed: The jaggy 16x16 Media Center icon could still show in some places.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.1.184
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:57:48 pm »

Hi!

The problem with the small osd is now fixed. Well done.
Here are another problems.
When I delete the "Recently Played" playlist, there is no way to create a new one. And Media Center does not create the "Recently Played" playlist automatically again.

Another problem occurs when I seek very fast through the tracks with the hotkeys Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right.
When the position marker reached the end of the track MC doesn't go to the next track.
See below:

And here are some things were the strings in the language file are missing:
1)

2)

3)

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:28:20 pm »

6. Changed: Track Info (and other visualizations) detect meta-data changes as  track changes in http:// streams.

Verified!  Thanks, guys.
Shortie

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 02:48:55 pm »

When I rightclick on the display and select "Set Display" -> "Visualizations" and then any category for example "Oscilloscope" -> "Not Again" then the right Visualization appears.
Then I can go to the next or previous Visualization with the two arrows on the buttom at the left side.
But this only works for the english language.
When I switch to the german or french language file this doesn't work.
When I set up german or french (any but not englisch) and then right-click on the display and choose any Visualization what I want only one visualization appears. And I cannot change the Visualization with the two arrows.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 04:20:54 pm »

When I rightclick on the display and select "Set Display" -> "Visualizations" and then any category for example "Oscilloscope" -> "Not Again" then the right Visualization appears.
Then I can go to the next or previous Visualization with the two arrows on the buttom at the left side.
But this only works for the english language.
When I switch to the german or french language file this doesn't work.
When I set up german or french (any but not englisch) and then right-click on the display and choose any Visualization what I want only one visualization appears. And I cannot change the Visualization with the two arrows.

Confirmed
Go to linux

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 05:03:25 pm »

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 12:48:44 am »

The problem with the small osd is now fixed.

Still looks tiny on my system. Why was the font changed in the first place? Can we have it back the way it was please or make the size configurable?

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 08:34:50 am »

Bugs for Media Center 11.1.183
  • Remote server will frequently crash MC. I've been trying to pinpoint a concrete way to reproduce it, but so far, all I can see is that it looks like if you make multiple selections too quickly, it'll crash.
  • When MC attempts to import .mov files from my camera, it's renaming them based on the Image Name setting I have in the Scanner Options. So it's getting saved with a .jpg extension and it's doing something funky to the file as well, because even if I rename it back to a .mov extension, it's unplayable. It's almost like it's trying to convert the .mov to .jpg.

Here's a link to the resulting file...

Before I renamed it...
After I renamed it...

Would it help if I sent you a memory card with some videos on it?

• MC is storing View Settings based on the name of the View Scheme. If the name changes to something never used before, then MC creates a new View based on that name. Rename it back to what it was before, and MC will show you the View as it was under that name. Give it a completely new name again, and you get the default view settings again. This behavior persists even after closing and restarting MC.

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 09:39:47 am »

In options library, it is no longer possible to edit number played. In  previous versions this was possible and now it's not.

I'd appreciate if this feature was put back the way it was as instead on number played, i prefer Played.

Thanks

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 11:09:33 am »

In options library, it is no longer possible to edit number played. In  previous versions this was possible and now it's not.

I'd appreciate if this feature was put back the way it was as instead on number played, i prefer Played.

Thanks

Why not just create your own custom field called "Played" using Calculated Data of [Number Played]?

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 11:17:48 am »

First 6 tracks of a rip labled with filenames containing 00 as track# and the remaining ones were labled correctly. In the log they were ripped accordingly but the filename were written incorrectly to disk.

DC

Secure Rip Log created at 13:00:45  Tuesday, January 02, 2001

The quality percentage is the ratio of the minimum number of re-reads
to the actual number of re-reads of the CD data sectors.

G: Orthodox - Rastafarians, The
   Track  1: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Seek H.I.M.]
   Track  2: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Hold On Jah Jah Children]
   Track  3: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [This Ya Music]
   Track  4: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Orthodox]
   Track  5: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Occupation]
   Track  6: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [A Love We Deal With]
   Track  7: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Roll Call]
   Track  8: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Jah's Greatest Blessing]
   Track  9: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Words Of Wisdom]
   Track  10: Completed Ok - Quality 100.00% [Rasta Theme]

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 12:33:53 am »

RE: In options library, it is no longer possible to edit number played. In  previous versions this was possible and now it's not.

Thanks

Why not just create your own custom field called "Played" using Calculated Data of [Number Played]?

Ive just tried that, and it works, but there are two problems. First i've ben using this feature for about three years and have therefore accumulated quite a large amout of data. Is there anyway of transfereing one field to another?

Ans the second is, if for any reason i have to complately uninstall the program, could i save that field and all the data saved so far?

Thanks

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 03:21:31 am »

"Sort by Date" always used to keep songs in track order, even viewing in album thumbnails.

Now it doesnt.

JONCAT

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 07:16:07 am »

When viewing an artist's albums in Tiles and you switch to work with Panes mode the View Sceme is reset. This is a very annoying bug. (if this is by design there needs to be a toggle somewhere-reset button?)

DC

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 09:06:08 pm »

Using another language (Japanese), the favourites tool in the toolbar stops working.

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 09:50:32 am »

First 6 tracks of a rip labled with filenames containing 00 as track# and the remaining ones were labled correctly. In the log they were ripped accordingly but the filename were written incorrectly to disk.
I can't replicate this. Can you give more details on your settings such as directory and file naming templates, encoder settings, advanced rip settings, etc.

Also, your secure rip log shows the date as Tuesday, January 02, 2001 ??
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 06:23:10 pm »

1. Clean File Properties moves "The" to the end as ti should but then fixing Title Case on this article does not change ",the" to ",The". EDIT* I realize this is because the Title Case should techinically not make the "t" in ",the" into a capitol so I guess the workaround is using Find & Replace afterwards; an extra function to ammend this particualar case would be handy though.

2. Having recurrent issues with MC buttons, pop up window buttons....they, the pop up windows themseleves seem unresponsive often, and the button itself is not pressable but I can use my keyboard to bypass the GUI; same with playback functions. This is not a matter of seconds, sometimes MC seems to hang on these windows waiting for the button to become "active". MC itself is not bogged down because keyboard commands seem to remedy/activate the buttons instantly even when you can not mouse-click them.

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 06:25:32 pm »

Using another language (Japanese), the favourites tool in the toolbar stops working.

Shortcuts are language dependent, so you'll need to create new shortcuts for the different language.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 05:27:17 am »

5. Changed: Theater View could be slower than expected on some systems due to font auto-sizing.

Thanks -- this appears to have cleared up the Theater View slowness I was seeing in 183.

Larry

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 04:59:24 pm »

Would you accept a bug report on the fact that

6. Changed: Track Info (and other visualizations) detect meta-data changes as track changes in http:// streams.

isn't kept current in Playing Now?
Shortie

Daffi

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 05:59:56 am »

When playing this HTTP streams with media center, there are many interruptions and distortions in the stream.
http://mp3.streampower.be/stubru-high
http://www.digitaleradio.be/dab/hoeluisteren/pc/help/Links_streams.html

rjm

Re: unimported MPG files not visible
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 08:32:49 am »

Navigate to folder in My Computer containing MPG files. They are not visible.

MPG files already imported are visible.

Have not tested to see if problem also exists for other video file types. Not sure which build introduced this problem.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 07:08:32 pm »

I have been rating some new music in playing now, and when the song is in play, you have to press several times on the stars to rate it and it seems to pause the interface (not the music) of MC
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 10:56:10 pm »

If I select a tile and then change the files at bottom from details to thumbnails, MC changes the the reference in the library and highlights the incorrect tile.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Borut

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2006, 08:41:49 am »

Hello

Bugs:
- The title does not refresh oneself the reproduced work of the song (radio online streaming) at present, after minimalizing to the Tray icon.
This alone name is the whole time, one song. :-\
- I do not remember chosen sorting songs in "Playing Now". After going out from the window "Playing Now", default sorting comes back.
- no open AAC+ stream online radio.

My proposals:
1. Add the position "ALL" to the menu "Start"which will display our complete the collections of the media (Audio+Images+Video=ALL).
2. To add to the menu "Start" the position "Favorites". One could there add favourite links to internet radio streaming, etc
3. Please Add support AAC++ Audio Streaming

JONCAT

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 08:10:42 pm »

1. SHN files not importing directly from containing folder.

2. With smallest font & MC set to not cut off long field values, I still can't view the full the full Filename....Filename (name) works well but the path & filename is really what I need. Is there a limit to the field width because I can't make it any wider.

3. I have 5 cd drives and when I try to update them all at once YADB acces fails; when I do one at a time it works. I used to be able to do this w/ 4 drives. One drive may update successfully & then I need to do all the others manually, and the cd info is then found.

Dr. C

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 12:04:37 pm »

1.  It seems older builds would remove items from the panes that did not match the filter.  I don't know when it started, but with recent builds, the panes are not being filtered to remove non-matching data.  In fact, the panes contain data, but the data is not clickable.  It seems like a refresh problem.

2. Another refresh problem?  All instances of same tag that appear in multiple places in the Action Windows does not get updated when one of the instances is changed.  For example, Date appears in both Visible Columns and General.  If you update date in either place, the update is not reflected in the other until you do an refresh.

3. MC does not notify user of errors upon import.  For example, a track with a semicolon in the title will cause the track to not be imported.  MC will silently ignore the track.  Please see : http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30460.0

4. MC is cutting off the last 4-6 seconds of tracks, both on disk and CD-ROM.  None of the Switch track settings seem to allow full playback.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jbony

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 10:22:12 pm »

Can someone explain to me what is error #30. I' have been getting this error quite often recently.

I start MC normally, start playing a song, then 2 minutes later I got a popup screen telling "MC will shut down due to error #30. Some of the components are corrupted, reinstall MC"

Please advise.

Regards,

Media Center Registered 11.1.184 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3315 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 513 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-109   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B   Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:0  MaxSpeed:0  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Handheld Errors
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 06:35:35 am »

There is a separate thread on this, but maybe better in the release thread.

I have added a local drive as a handheld.
I chose WMA for the format to transcode to.
Selected lossless for the rate

When I send files to the handheld and click transfer I see a quick status then it's done. No errors are shown.

No files or directories are created in the local directory.

I removed the drive and recreated it with a different name. Left the conversion at default.

Now I get a message that the device has not been configured to synchronize. I click yes and I'm given the settings for the handheld.

Ideas?

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 10:11:16 am »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33917.0

Posting this here too, as I think it is definitley a bug. 

In brief:
Thumbnail text defaults to [Name] despite the fact
[Name] is not being displayed. 
This makes accessing the name tag impossible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up