INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQUEST for Cover Art  (Read 4538 times)

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
REQUEST for Cover Art
« on: May 20, 2006, 12:44:00 pm »

Well this time I'll request it rather than asking how to do it.

I need my MC to display all images in a slide show (nomatter what name, size, dimension or file type) that are contained in the directory of the current playing mp3 file.

That can't  be very hard to add, I think. So PLEASE do it.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: REQUEST for Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 02:00:03 pm »

Why don't you just import all of these images and make a playlist containing the images and the mp3 files that they belong to, then play that playlist. That should at least get you up and running until and if they add this feature at a later date.

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:24:33 pm »

You must be joking!

We're talking about 518Gigs of  music man.

5855 folders...

Hehe, would you mind coming over and helping me out?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 06:15:34 pm »

You don't need to make playlists.

I have my cover art files imported like this:

After starting playback from the album thumbnail MC plays the images in a slideshow during the album playback.

For this kind of system you would need to have a view scheme that can show the images too. You could fill the Album and Artist tags from the path (if possible).

Alternatively playback can be started from a location based view scheme by playing a complete folder.

EDIT:

I need my MC to display all images in a slide show (nomatter what name, size, dimension or file type) that are contained in the directory of the current playing mp3 file.

That can't be very hard to add, I think. So PLEASE do it.

However, this a good request. It should be relatively easy to accomplish.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 06:45:44 pm »

In a perfect world it would work like this:

MC would have a new field named as "Image List" and have an image function that would gather all image files from the file folder to the list.

A visualization option would start a new slideshow that consists of the listed image files each time a new file starts playing.

This "Image List" field should be fully editable like any other standard text field so the users could make custom lists.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 06:54:04 pm »

In a perfect world it would work like this:

MC would have a new field named as "Image List" and have an image function that would gather all image files from the file folder to the list.

A visualization option would start a new slideshow that consists of the listed image files each time a new file starts playing.

This "Image List" field should be fully editable like any other standard text field so the users could make custom lists.

I'd also add that MC could automatically time the images in the slideshow so that you'd only see each image once during the entire audio playback.

Jasper

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 11:34:18 am »

Hey Alex, can you play the mp3s by clicking on the album art??? tell me more about how you did that - it's just what I want!

My cover art lives in the same folder as the audio tracks for each album and is tagged with the artist and album but can I get MC to display them? - Nooo.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 01:16:49 pm »

Hey Alex, can you play the mp3s by clicking on the album art??? tell me more about how you did that - it's just what I want!

My cover art lives in the same folder as the audio tracks for each album and is tagged with the artist and album but can I get MC to display them? - Nooo.

Are you speaking about using more than one cover art file? Have you imported the images to the library? Also, you need to make a new view scheme that can display the music files and the image files at the same time. This thread may help: How-to: add All Media & CD database to the tree

After that MC can show both files types under one thumbnail like in my screenshot. A right-click > Play on the thumbnail plays the music files and starts a slideshow of the included images.

You can also send any images to a slide show during music playback. Just start music playback and play the selected images after that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up