INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art location Display  (Read 2255 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cover art location Display
« on: May 21, 2006, 12:27:34 pm »

Ok,

I keep all my cover art stored in tags and always delete from the cover art folder due to  irregularities i.e. cover art changes/becomes missing after a certain amount of time, and storing only in tags, eliminates this problem.

I just added a bunch of cover art, deleted from the folder yet the image path still show numerous albums with the location pointing to the folder where NO images exist.

I have seen this happen before and usually what ends up happening after a while of time alot of those albums end up losing their cover art, so I need to make EVERY album display the image path as inside album (this happened my previous computer so it is not machine specific).

Is there anyway to do this without having to redo these specific albums that didn't take properly within MC the first time?  Some sort of way to make MC see it only in the file that is?

Thanks
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover art location Display
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 01:03:51 pm »

I checked an external tag editor and while MC shows the the cover art in the library the Mp3tag editor does not show it in the file.  Where is the cover art, then? 

Am I SOL, should I just re-search and tag the covers with all the files that didn't apply the covers to their tags the first time?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 01:18:39 pm »

MC does not show a link info in the Image File field if MC actually uses an embedded image file. The field shows "Inside File" in that case.

After the "Inside File" text is visible it stays unless you make MC to update the library from tags and possibly change the cover art state if a suitable cover art file is found. (I suppose also the import system may update file data. I don't do global imports anymore so I have never experienced this.)

If the Image File field shows a filename (and possibly a path) then an embedded image is not used.

My MC has never lost cover art links (about 35000 at the moment) or the few embedded cover art images (about 150) I have, except once when the library got really screwed up because of a crash.

I checked an external tag editor and while MC shows the the cover art in the library the Mp3tag editor does not. Where is the cover art?

MC may support embedded images in some formats that Mp3tag does not. Some programs may also delete embedded images if they don't understand the format. What is the file & tag format?

MC does not actively monitor disk file changes. The way to check if the "Inside File" image is really present in the file is the Action Window > File Properties > Image display. If it shows only text then MC cannot find the image.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 01:26:34 pm »

Thanks for the reply Alex.

The inside file path is not the issue.  Its the fact that every file I have is mp3 all with the same tag version (ID3V2), yet MC did not save all cover art inside the tag of all of my recent cover art additions.

This should be looked into as an issue of inconsistency. 

Secondly, if the image is not in the file tag, and not in the cover art directory, yet MC displays it, where is it?  I need to find it so that I can re-update all files that do not display 'inside file' as the image path, so that I do not have to re-find these on the internet as this took me a while to do.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 01:46:58 pm »

Secondly, if the image is not in the file tag, and not in the cover art directory, yet MC displays it, where is it?

If the tag is "Inside File" and the Action Window display can show the image then it must be inside the file. You can actually right-click copy the image data to Clipboard from that display.

The thumbnail display that is used for tooltips & album thumbnails is separate. It can show a previously made thumbnail even the image or image link is lost.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 01:52:13 pm »

Ahh its a thumbnail not the actual art, thanks.

The action window just displays the link to the cover art directory where the file no longer exists.

I will have to re-search all the cover art that didn't get embedded in the file and then make sure that MC does this accurately next time before I delete from the cover art directory. :P

I wish there was a way to only save to the file so that if there is an issue with it not saving in the tag, I will know about it immediately. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up