INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database Storage Requests  (Read 966 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Database Storage Requests
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:12:09 am »

I would really like to see all the settings, plugins, and themes be stored in the library folder.  Mozilla products (Firefox & Thunderbird) use this model and it works so well upon reinstalling and using across a network because all you have to do is point the library to the folder and everything--and I mean everything--is exactly how you want it.  If the plugins are stored there, then settings can also be stored there.  Otherwise, the setting may say use FLAC but it might not exist yet.

I am going through reencoding my library in FLAC and am looking for suggestions on how to guarantee no problems in the files.  I found one song with loud pops in the first 2 seconds of the song.  I am spending all this time and taking so much space to have literally perfect files.  It also means spending a lot of money buying CDs to get high quality rips.

Also, can you provide an easy way to have playlists exported to a specific folder--possibly just one inside the library, "Playlists," which would hold up to date standard playlists, such as .m3u because I really need this for 2 other applications I use.  I was using a program to get playlists out of iTunes before.

Thanks!

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Database Storage Requests
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:22:19 am »

I would really like to see all the settings, plugins, and themes be stored in the library folder. 
This has been a long standing request, upto now you can save the library & additional smartlists & playlists.

Saving view scheme customisations is still pending as is plugins. Might i also add favorites as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up