INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Libray Cover Image Problem  (Read 1292 times)

corkyboy1

• Recent member
  • Well hello!
Audio Libray Cover Image Problem
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:52:13 am »

I have recently built a new PC and copied over my music folder, not the application data, and both systems are running 11.1 but slightly different builds.
My problem is that on the new PC when viewing the audio library one piece of album art (don't know how it got there) appears against all 4000+ tracks!
So my question is how do I get rid of this intruder and is it possible to copy the application data from my old PC to my new one and get all my missing album images restored?

TIA

Colin

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Audio Libray Cover Image Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 05:25:53 am »

Image File

MC has a library field named as "Image File". If you like find out what image file is currently associated with an audio file you can make the "Image File" column visible in the "Customize Current View" dialog. You can change the associated cover art file by right-clicking an audio file (or selected audio files) and using the functions under the Image menu.

How to copy the database to a new PC

The usual way is to make a library backup on the old PC and restore it on the new PC. (File > Library > Backup.../Restore...). That would preserve everything you have in the database.

For making this work you need to first duplicate the media file folders exactly as they were on the old PC. (There are ways to change the file locations, but that is a bit more complicated procedure.)

Besides copying the media files you need to copy the cover art files too (if you use external cover art). By default MC uses a single folder for cover art. Check the cover art options in "Tools > Options > File Location > Track Images Location" on your old PC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

corkyboy1

• Recent member
  • Well hello!
Re: Audio Libray Cover Image Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 07:59:24 pm »

Thanks for that, I will give it a go.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up