INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This Is Probably Obvious (custom fields) . . .  (Read 1529 times)

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
This Is Probably Obvious (custom fields) . . .
« on: July 19, 2006, 01:57:15 pm »

. . .but I'm stumped.  I made all sorts of custom fields for my main library, currently on a machine 1,000 miles away.  I believe I saved these custom fields to tags within FLAC files which I have loaded onto my laptop, but without the library.  Only, now I can't rememer the names of the custom fields, and guessing doesn't help, and AFAICT MC won't display that info unless I have the correct field entered into the library and displayed in the view.  They're non-obvious names like "backup 020506", etc.  How can I examine the MC custom fields which I believe are stored in the "comment" area of the FLAC tags?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: This Is Probably Obvious (custom fields) . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 02:19:07 pm »

not going to pretend i know anything about FLAC files...

..but i think you are in need of another tagging program that can read FLAC tags. I'll let the more knowledgeable comment on which.

in the meantime..does File Type Info in the AW show a tag dump of any sort ?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 01:26:53 am »

Mr. Green, you are 100 % correct in that you must first create the custom fields. Remember also, that after creating them, you will need to select the files and run the update library from tags tool on them to populate your new fields.

in the meantime..does File Type Info in the AW show a tag dump of any sort ?
That ought to work for you...

I set this tag using mp3tag, then browsed internally to the file (not yet imported to MC) and viewed its filetype info in the AW....

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 11:45:13 am »

Thanks Marko, Hit--

I finally found the data.  I initially tried a few tracks, didn't find anything and gave up.  But each of the tracks I'd tried actually had no custom fields, due to my own haphazard approach to updating tags from library.  Selecting more tracks, I finally found the hidden fields and all is right.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 05:57:07 pm »

I had the same problem with some mp3 files. But I opend the file in a text editor, and searched a part of the custom field name that I knew was correct. Found the fields somewhat disguised between a bunch of characters. Don't know if this works for FLAC, but maybe it's worth a try if someone gets in the same situation.

Just wanted to contribute... :)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up