INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.196  (Read 4894 times)

SwellGuy

Media Center 11.1.196
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:17:17 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0.

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111196.exe

MC History

11.1.196 (9/1/2006)

1. Fixed: Problems identifying iPods connected via firewire.
2. Changed: Clicking 'Rip CD' (or 'Rip Tracks') will open the ripping action window, if the ripping action window is already open the rip will start.

11.1.195 (8/30/2006)

1. Changed: Updated the French translation. (thanks laurentxp!)
2. Fixed: iPods weren't ejecting properly.
3. Changed: Added ASX playlist format to options for drive-based handhelds.
4. Fixed: Deleting drive-based device playlist from tree not working unless the playlist was at the root.

11.1.194 (8/16/2006)

1. Fixed: File ordering inside albums on an iPod could show up alphabetical instead of in disc # / track # order.
2. Fixed: Internet image lookup was not working properly.

11.1.193 (8/14/2006)

1. Changed: Switching zones no longer ensures that Media Center is visible.
2. Changed: Media Center 11.1 will work with a Media Center 12 license.

11.1.192 (8/11/2006)

1. Fixed: Several iPod database corruption problems.
2. Changed: Removed Audible device activation/deactivation.
3. Changed: Improved capabilities for transfering Audible files to devices (device must be activated by Audible).

11.1.191 (8/3/2006)

1. Fixed: IE 7 beta 3 should now work with MC 11.1.

11.1.190 (7/27/2006)

1. Changed: Double-clicking an empty playing now no longer shows Access Control filtered files. (even though they wouldn't play)
2. Fixed: Removing an MJMD tag from an image that had other unknown appid blocks after the tag could cause an issue.
3. Fixed: Problems with iPod's with the latest firmware (or updated via iPod Updater 2006-06-28).

11.1.189 (7/20/2006)

1. Changed: Revised messaging on install when a previous version was detected.
2. Fixed: When a library would fail to load, the prompt for restoring a library backup was not working properly.
3. Fixed: The uninstall icon in Control Panel could be incorrect.
4. Changed: Increased the minimum size of the OSD. (again)
5. Changed: Updated the Czech translation. (thanks Johnny B)
6. Changed: Updated the Korean translation. (thanks Junghwan)
7. Fixed: Audible Podcasting extension set to mp3 and thus failed to play.

11.1.188 (6/19/2006)

1. Fixed: Running the launcher (MC11.exe) when a different version of Media Center was already running on the system could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Increased the minimum size of the OSD.
3. Fixed: Made date parsing in Podcast feeds more forgiving. ( fixes http://www.bigpoker.ca/Rounders_rssfeed.xml )

11.1.187 (6/16/2006)

1. Fixed: MC would occasionally crash when playing certain .MOV files.
2. Fixed: Closing MC while some modeless dialogs were open (like Plugin Manager) could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: Added support for bmp, gif, jpe, jpeg, png, tif & tiff file types for iPods supporting photos.

11.1.186 (6/7/2006)

1. Changed: Pressing "Play" to play visible files when the tree was focused wouldn't honor a user search.
2. Fixed: iPod Nano model # MA353LL/A was not properly detected.
3. Changed: Library views of "Albums" no longer group all albums with the same name together.
4. NEW: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks Alfredo!)
5. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)
6. Changed: "Album Thumbnails" are sorted internally by track number instead of the same sorting as the current view.
7. Fixed: Switching to a non-playing zone while certain visualizations were showing could cause a crash.
8. NEW: Czech language translation added. (thanks Johnny B!)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: Media Center 11.1.196
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:22:16 am »

Changed: Clicking 'Rip CD' (or 'Rip Tracks') will open the ripping action window, if the ripping action window is already open the rip will start.

Thanks for the fix - this was not a critical bug by far - shows JR has not stopped it's focus on MC11 while 12 is being built

pepe lopex

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 12:52:03 pm »

renaming files in IPOD.  ?

a long time ago, MC synchronized the songs with the IPOD and it changed the name to them of a way similar to this: 

O:\iPod_Control\Music\F10\The B-52's - Rock Lo.mp3
O:\iPod_Control\Music\F17\Baccara - Sorry, I'm.mp3
O:\iPod_Control\Music\F18\Backstreet Boys - In.mp3

Nevertheless, from MC 11.1.192 version, no longer it passes this and now the archives name of a ininteligible way:

O:\iPod_Control\Music\F03\MIJX.mp3
O:\iPod_Control\Music\F00\QIAB.mp3
O:\iPod_Control\Music\F19\MPZM.mp3

The first way was better because it helped to locate the songs when the IPOD was used like hard drive external.  Could become to this convention of renaming?

thx
MC Spanish personal translation: MC en espaņol: Espaņol (ES) --> http://soporte.proel.net/ftp/jrmediacenter/MClangES.zip

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 09:16:53 pm »

2. Fixed: iPods weren't ejecting properly.

This seems to be working now, but the little "okay to disconnect" Windows popup message is no longer given after ejecting.  This message is standard for ejecting devices in Windows, so it's absence is a bit odd.  Given that the eject was not properly working recently, I don't fully "trust" that a device has been properly disconnected until I see the little "okay to disconnect" popup.  The only way to check at this point is to use the systray "removeable drives" icon, but it would be a lot easier if we just had the standard popup when ejecting an iPod.

Would it be possible to have MC let Windows give us this popup?

Thanks,

Larry

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 08:52:35 am »

I have found 3 .ape files ripped by MC (versions .80-96) that have been incorrectly converted. 2 Verify okay and have kb files size, the other is 0kb and is an invalid input file. Mc rips, analyzes RG Gain, checks for image on internet, and converts to MAC: High Compression. I can post one of these if you want to look into it.

thanks
DC

Media Center Registered 11.1.196 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2497 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive O:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive O: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 10:07:08 am »

When I fill the date (year) field with 1982, for example,I find the date field to have:

1/1/1982 12:00 AM

etc.

Is this field supposed to be the date last modified?

DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 10:08:52 am »

I have found 3 .ape files ripped by MC (versions .80-96) that have been incorrectly converted. 2 Verify okay and have kb files size, the other is 0kb and is an invalid input file. Mc rips, analyzes RG Gain, checks for image on internet, and converts to MAC: High Compression. I can post one of these if you want to look into it.

thanks
DC

Media Center Registered 11.1.196 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2497 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive O:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive O: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Please post a sample.  Also, try to verify the problem file with the tool at monkeysaudio.com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 10:29:35 am »

Will do and I have to mention this.

Recent FLAC>APE conversions; I have found a few of these 1-2kb files. I 'm thinking I had some corrupted FLACs to begin with.

But I 'm worried because last month I archive 6 songs from vinyl, converted from 16/44 to ape with MC and then tagged them in MC. Now these files are all unplayable with 0kb and 1-2kb filesizes. I just discovered this and I am very confused as to what "happend" to them.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 11:00:39 am »

www.catuccio.net/secure_rip.log

www.catuccio.net/test.ape

I ripped this one a few months ago, I don't have the disk here at the moment to verify what exactly is on track 9, but I have a Jimmy Vaugn FLAC file that is 10mb, verifies in both 3.99 & 4.01b2, but doesn't playback at all; it was converted by MC from FLAC to APE.

By tool you mean the standalone MAC gui?

thanks,
DC

JONCAT

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 05:03:40 pm »

MC will not set images as Desktop Wallpaper. I set file associations within both MC & Windows, removed Irfanview, and still no luck. Irfanview works flawlessly but MC can't do this for me. I'm using x64 and haven't heard anyone report this problem; is this reproducible for anyone?

thanks
DC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 07:00:33 pm »

MC will not set images as Desktop Wallpaper. I set file associations within both MC & Windows, removed Irfanview, and still no luck. Irfanview works flawlessly but MC can't do this for me. I'm using x64 and haven't heard anyone report this problem; is this reproducible for anyone?
This works as it should on XP.  We'll take a look.

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 09:58:35 am »

MC 11.1.196
I mark all tracks of an album in the main pane and change the field Disc # in the ActionWindow-TagInfo from i.e. 1 to 2.
All tracks get a 2 in Disc # of the main pane (and in their tags). O.K.  :)

Now, when I key in the initial value 1 again into TagInfo Disc #, nothing happens. Neither the main pane nor the tags will be updated.  :(

Everything works perfect, when the new value is different to the initial Disc #.
Sequent key in of values like 2 then 3 then 4 then 2 again work perfect, but not back to 1.

U.

krupted

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 05:03:42 pm »

Internet Album Art Lookup WORKS!!!  it has been MONTHS since ive seen pictures on my music.  i lost all of my cover art in the spring, and since then media center would not look up anything, and even  after a few updates nothing was fixed.  i was ready to ditch jr media center and just use wmp11.     Im still hanging on for now though!

MusicHawk

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 07:47:06 pm »

TV Tuner user-friendliness observations:

Renaming TV channels via TV Options > Configure TV > right click channel number > Edit Station Name seems to do nothing. The rename vanishes when I close and reopen the dialog.

Assuming the Edit Station Name save problem gets fixed, in the TV Configuration dialog, it seems unintuitive to have to click the channel number, which can't be edited, to edit the station name, which can't be clicked.

The links to TV Guide and Yahoo TV would be much handier if the user could specify the URL that goes directly to the listing page rather than just the main page of each site. While average users should do this via a dialog, if this info is stored in the Registry (or better an .ini file), knowing what to hack would be a good start for some of us.

The ScreenGrabs folder is in a rather obscure location. I saved some TV screens, but couldn't find them via MC. Since MC saves them where it desires, shouldn't there be an standard link to view/get them? And/or, a way for users to specify a path? (This is already provided for TV recordings; just add parallel capability for TV ScreenGrabs.) Meanwhile, is the path in the Registry, or hard-coded?

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 02:17:44 am »

when using MC as media server client, the current playing track info shows 'live/live' instead of time in track/total track time and the slider doesn't work anymore.

this has been for a while now.

Marcel
Pages: [1]   Go Up