INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Hotkey in Display View to Bring Up Controls (the "Borders")  (Read 979 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Now that Display View has a swanky and usable display that shows us actual information (track name, position, volume level, and all that)...  When I'm watching stuff on my HTPC in Full Screen, I find myself often wishing to be able to hit the "Info" key on my remote to bring up the "controls" and quicky find out what I'm watching or how far along I am or whatever.  That way it would work similarly to DirecTV and BeyondTV and TiVO and everything else...

As it is, I have to grab the mouse and mouseover to the top of the screen.  This is fine (and I really like how bumping the mouse a tiny bit doesn't bring it up), but a button would be nice!

I suggest I or Control-I or something (for "Info") but I really don't care what it is.  Just some key I can hit to bring it up would be cool (and an accompanying automation command for Girder would be super-nice but I'll settle for the keypress).

I also noticed hitting the Menu key while the display is in front (both in Playing Now and in Display View) doesn't bring up the right-click menu, as it does other places in the app.  It'd be nice to get that functionality too.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Griff

• MC Beta Team
Re: Request: Hotkey in Display View to Bring Up Controls (the "Borders")
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 04:52:03 pm »

Now that Display View has a swanky and usable display that shows us actual information (track name, position, volume level, and all that)...  When I'm watching stuff on my HTPC in Full Screen, I find myself often wishing to be able to hit the "Info" key on my remote to bring up the "controls" and quicky find out what I'm watching or how far along I

Thought the same thing last night.

It would be nice.

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 05:24:49 am »

Is this request still in the pipe-line? It seems like a good idea, and perhaps it's already been implemented, but I haven't been able to figure out the hotkey (if it was implemented).

It'd be great if the same hotkey could also hide the controls/border and the mouse-pointer . . . crtl-I (or whatever) to bring the borders up, ctrl-I to hide them....

Actually, even with the mouse, is there any way at all to hide the borders, other than waiting for the borders and mouse-pointer to automatically disappear? And/or, is there a setting that users can tweak to make the borders auto-hide faster than the default? When I move the mouse to the top of the screen to view the controls, I find that the lag-time afterward (waiting for the controls to disappear again) is longer than I'd like. Would love a way to tweak the auto-hide settings along with a show/hide-border hotkey.

By the way: I just got around to buying MC12 . . . and I'm loving it . . .

cheers,

Luke

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:45:00 am »

I'm in favour of this too.

Personally, I would love to see a semi-transparent overly.

The way it is at the moment, I dont like the way the controls appearing forces the video playback to be resized, although I do understand that this was probably considered preferable to covering part of the video. I just find it irritating to have the video change size.

I'm sure a skinable interface would please everyone, especially if it allowed for variations in transparency, and the option of resizing the video to fit a defined window if desired. (maybe v13 if nothing else?)

Cheers,
C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up