INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to fix split views to view schemes?  (Read 1499 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
How to fix split views to view schemes?
« on: October 17, 2006, 03:13:46 pm »

The split view mode could be a valuable feature if it would be possible to fix view schemes to a certain screen position. E.g. I would like to always see PLAYING NOW at the bottom, my customized Party view in the middle and the search artist view at the top.

Independently from where I press CTRL+F the top screen section should be focused and show the search results.

My experience with MC is that after a short time of usage you get confused with these screens as the schemes change.

Couldn't this easily be solved by allowing to set a fixed view scheme to the split views?

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to fix split views to view schemes?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 03:17:57 pm »

Chris--

I think this is a great idea--especially since I've been bugging jriver about this since the day they brought out their excellent split views.  The ability to assign a scheme to a view, name it and tack it down, and a switch to make it immune to searches from the search bar, if desired. 

I love the split views, it definitely beats any other media manager that I know of, but I can't help wishing for exactly what you suggested.

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 04:54:19 pm »

I have also been looking forward to more split view control.  It would be nice to have some toggle options in the view header like "Lock in Place" (this would only be available for # of views -1), "Ignore Search" etc...

I love using 2+ views but they become hard to manage and I usually go back to just 1.

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:10:22 am »

I love using 2+ views but they become hard to manage and I usually go back to just 1.

The same do I. It's a functionality users would appreciate but it seems JRiver stopped the development on the half distance. In the current state I doubt anybody using the split views. It's not much more needed, but it's the important part!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 06:32:30 am »

In the current state I doubt anybody using the split views. It's not much more needed, but it's the important part!

I use two views permanently. Great for when working deep inside my image library, I find I need to pay a flying visit to my audio library...

quick details here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36407.msg248441#msg248441
Pages: [1]   Go Up