INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Media changes in 12.0.98  (Read 2530 times)

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
Web Media changes in 12.0.98
« on: October 20, 2006, 05:22:47 pm »

1. NEW: Introduced new Web Media system to allow downloads, native playback, and more from major media sites. (Shoutcast, Google Images, Google Video, and YouTube (more to follow))

I think you're trying two birds with one stone here (;)) and it's great. But all I get for now when I try to check out the new feature is a big "This feature requires and Internet connection" message. When you say "more to follow" do you just mean that this is not finished or that you'll be adding more services (flickr I guess?)?

edit : forgot to mention that before I get this message I can see something going in the bottom status bar: Opening (x%)...

It goes up to 16% and then I get the message about not having an internet connection.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 05:46:39 pm »

I think you're trying two birds with one stone here (;)) and it's great. But all I get for now when I try to check out the new feature is a big "This feature requires and Internet connection" message. When you say "more to follow" do you just mean that this is not finished or that you'll be adding more services (flickr I guess?)?

edit : forgot to mention that before I get this message I can see something going in the bottom status bar: Opening (x%)...

It goes up to 16% and then I get the message about not having an internet connection.

No, it's pretty much working.  I'm downloading some music videos now.

Try navigating to the same sites with IE externally.  There could be a connection or firewall issue.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lOth

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 05:50:12 pm »

Try navigating to the same sites with IE externally.  There could be a connection or firewall issue

Alright, this is pretty strange to me: I'm in firefox right now, and I can open any website, except the ones MC failed to open. Youtube and google were working fine earlier today. Let's see if a restart does me any good...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 06:26:29 pm »

I'm in firefox right now, and I can open any website, except the ones MC failed to open.

Firefox != IE.

Though, since it didn't work there either, something strange is going on.

The reason he said to test it in IE is that MC uses IE's engine to access the internet.  Anywhere that IE can go, MC should be able to follow.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 08:05:24 pm »

1. NEW: Introduced new Web Media system to allow downloads, native playback, and more from major media sites. (Shoutcast, Google Images, Google Video, and YouTube (more to follow))

TERRIFIC addition -- thanks guys!  I can now get to Shoutcast.com from within MC rather than having to use IExplorer AND MC to select teh Tune In links.

One question:  Is there any way to copy this Tree Item and add it to the main Tree list so I don't have to open "Audio" to get to it?  Also, I noticed that "Web Media" is available for a Toolbar item, but "Shoutcast" (and others) is not.  It seems like all of these types of tree items should be available.  By the same token, I'd love to be able to copy the "Audible" tree group to the main level of the tree as well.

On a related note, for the moment, I found that I COULD add "Shoutcast" to the navigation shortcuts, which is good, but it would still be nice to have "one click" access to Shoutcast (or other "Web Media" links) if possible.

Thanks,

Larry

lOth

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 11:06:25 pm »

The reason he said to test it in IE is that MC uses IE's engine to access the internet.  Anywhere that IE can go, MC should be able to follow.

yes, something strange is going on. I restarted my computer and could open the websites in FF, but still not in MC. It is only after I opened the websites in IE that MC could open them as well.

Anyway, the website now opens but I can't play the videos in MC. Some filter problem apparently. I posted about this in another thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36051.0

lOth

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 11:46:46 pm »

Finally got the streaming videos to work (see link above for how I fixed my problem).

Now, it would be really great if you could make of that youtube quicklist feature... Ideally we could make the quicklist in the browser inside MC, than start playing it and the quicklist would appear in Playing Now and we could use MC skip buttons to go to the previous/next video in the list. Maybe I'm dreaming...

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 05:40:14 am »

Wow! I love this!! Any chance on moving the icons to "Services & Plugins" though??

pank2002

Re: Web Media changes in 12.0.98
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 12:50:33 pm »

This is great!

Please add www.dailymotion.com to the list of sites. They have lots of great content.

-Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

lOth

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 01:35:04 pm »

I've been playing with this for a couple hours now and it's really great. In addition to adding support for youtube quicklists, could you add support for I Love Music Video? This is a great website for last.fm users: it runs through your list of favorite artists and tracks and display related embedded youtube videos (so I assume it shouldn't be too hard to support it, if MC can already support youtube).

Support for Flickr is obviously going to be a request from a lot of people I guess.

That'd be really great too if we could somehow configure these to open a particular location on the website (say 'My favorites' for youtube, or your home on flickr).

A last small request: could you make it possible to add these new web media locations in the tree to the navigation menu? Ignore this: I just realized that right-clicking the tree element didn't work but that I could just add them with "Add to favorites" in the navigation menu itself.

wilfredjg

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 02:57:31 pm »

I like this feature been viewing music video through Google's Video no problem opening links inside MC.

lOth

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 03:49:15 pm »

another idea if you don't like I love music video : add a 'Search on Youtube' item to the right click menu.

edit: and another one you might want to look into: last.fm radios. I know it's possible to play them with a 3rd party player since I've tried it myself in Amarok.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 11:56:45 am »

Any chance of subscription based services like pbase will be included?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 12:00:06 pm »

I've been having some troubles with instability in MC when using the new Web Media functions.  I've had two downloads stall out, and it's been fairly non-responsive to commands (and UI refreshes were slow).

I'm going to try rebooting, and see if the situation corrects.  However, any one else seeing issues?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 01:46:55 pm »

I've been having some troubles with instability in MC when using the new Web Media functions.  I've had two downloads stall out, and it's been fairly non-responsive to commands (and UI refreshes were slow).

I'm going to try rebooting, and see if the situation corrects.  However, any one else seeing issues?
Not surprising.  Give us a few builds to get things running smoothly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up