INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re. split view>full screen>back>focus switched bug..  (Read 2203 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
re. split view>full screen>back>focus switched bug..
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:21:48 pm »

--------
Display View:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split.
--------

I've experienced this from day 1 of beta testing. I'm also seeing the same when escaping out of theatre view. It's getting on my nerves quite badly, and I've been wondering if it's a reproducable bug at jriver HQ, or anywhere else?

and if it's not, any trouble-shooting tips will be gratefully received.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: re. split view>full screen>back>focus switched bug..
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 03:15:10 am »

As mentioned in my bug report, this is getting steadily worse.

It's a dangerous bug due to the way I'm using split views. 99.99% of the time, I only have one split visible. The visible split is the one that MC deems to be the 'active' split each time it starts.

This way, MC always opens with the active split on display, and the inactive split minimised at the bottom of the GUI.

I cannot imagine not using MC like this. It's brilliant. It means I can launch some music, then set off into my image library. Now, later, while deep inside the image library, I hear something that means I want to make a quick visit to my audio library, but don't want to lose my place in my image library....

A simple click on the split divider down at the bottom, and hey-presto, there's my audio library. I do what I need to do there, then minimise that split back down to the bottom, and lovely, there's my image library, just how I left it, ready for me to pick up where I left off. You can't beat it, and I highly recommend anyone using both media types extensively should give it a trial.

Now, the bug is dangerous because, when the focus switches, any file operation or mouse click performed gets applied to the hidden, now active, split, and it's a pain to have to keep re-activating a split that should not be in-active in the first place.

Is there any chance of just a little bit of feedback regarding this, please?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 06:01:27 am »

We'll try to fix it soon.

Another approach is to click "Audio" in the tree, and then use the back button when you're done. (hopefully you have a back button on your mouse). 

"Back" in Media Center will return you to your previous view with all scrolling, selections, etc. preserved.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 12:40:25 pm »

Ahh, Matt, Thank you. Knowing it'll get fixed at some point before release will do for me. I was half expecting the "we can't reproduce it here" response.

For one step, forward, one back, the back button is also brilliant. I use it extensively when working with images. I do find that sometimes, if there are many steps involved it gets back to Audio and won't go any further back, also, there comes a point where it's a whole lot quicker to switch splits than to press the back button 15 times.

Again, thanks for the nod, it's appreciated.

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:54:53 pm »

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this with the latest build.

Is it still happening?  If so, does it matter:

• what views are showing
  • how you enter / leave the view (keyboard, mouse, etc.)

Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 02:08:56 am »

Yes, it still happens, and it does matter, because the inactive split is always obscured by the active one, the bug means that when coming out of full screen, the reverse is true.

At startup, both splits are in "Audio". Audio consists of 3 panes, the first of which is a custom, expression based field (as opposed to an expression based pane)

if(isequal([album artist (auto)],/(multiple,8),/(various/),if(isequal(mid([album artist (auto)],0,3),the,1),mid([album artist (auto)],4,1),if(isequal(Mid([album artist (auto)],0,1),1,6),0 - 9,Mid([album artist (auto)],0,1)))

followed by [album artist (auto)], then [album]

The expression field is called 'Artists' and MC launches with both splits loaded at the [Artists] level of the library browser.

At launch, MC always designates the same split as the 'active' one, and that is the one I see, the other is minimised right down at the bottom out of sight.

I switch to "Images", which is a panes view with thumbnail list, and double click the first image. This displays full screen on the monitor.

I double click again, and standard view returns, but the visible split is now inactive and tree selection is "Audio" as per the now active, but hidden, split.

That's the bug in a nutshell, and it makes no difference if I choose videos instead of images. It makes no difference if I double click, use ctrl+3, ESC, ctrl+1, click the close display button etc. etc.
Now, because you say you could'nt produce it, I poked around some more, wondering if library views had anything to do with it...
If I bring up the 2nd split (audio) and change it to panes view, then go back to split No.1, full screen and back again does not de-activate the split ?
If I then browse to a different image viewscheme, and double click an image, then double click again, the bug is back and the split is once more, inactive.
If I then go back to the 2nd split and change it back to a library browser view, then go back to split 1, everything works again.

(sorry, you still with me?  ::) )

Other things cause it to trigger too, most reliably found so far is to go to an existing smartlist and use the wizard to add a playlist exclusion to it. After clicking OK in the wizard, MC switches the active view at the same time as it refreshes the smartlist.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 08:54:49 am »

Thanks -- got it now.

It'll be fixed in the next build.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 09:21:30 am »

Been messing around in MC on and off for most of the day so far, and the fix is holding up nicely. That's my most "in yer face" v12 bug taken care of, and what a refreshing relief it is too.

Thank you for checking back, and fixing. Appreciated.

regards,
-marko.

Pages: [1]   Go Up