INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discussion: lise's cover art problems (from the MC12.0.108 thread)  (Read 1933 times)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

Covert Art Problems.

I have it set for a specific folder and not in file itself.
I can successfully 'get from internet' and 'Quick Find in File' only for those items with the Artist - Album format (e.g., Go-Betweens - Bright Yellow, Bright Orange).

However...
1. using Get from Internet alone doesn't do anything other than put the jpg in my Cover Art folder. I then have to go get it (Add from File or Quick Find in File. Would be nice if it were a 1-step process); and

2. If I select one file rather than all files in the album and then "Quick Find in File", only that one track gets the art. I thought cover art was by 'album', not by track?

When compilation albums are involved, a different set of issues arises. I used the Various Artist album "Swinging Mademoiselles_Groovy French Sounds from the 60s".

1. 'Use Assorted' in file naming didn't work. My Album Artist (auto) was equal to the Artist, and the Album Artist was blank. I manually typed Assorted under Album Artist and then selected "Get from Internet". I got a message saying "Done getting covert art", but no file was added to my cover art folder.

2. I manually added the jpg to my cover art folder. I ensured the jpg name was identical to the album name.  Quick Find in File didn't get the art.

3. Get from File works, however I get a "copy image" message: "Would you like to copy this image to the cover art location you have specified in Options".  Strange, because it's already there. If you say yes, then you get the art, and it is indeed a copy. Rather than inserting the file I said to get which was just named after the album, a new file appeared in the Cover art folder named: Assorted - Swinging Mademoiselles etc.

I am going to try these things later and reply.

My first comment:

The "[Artist] - [Album]" text inside MC options is not exactly correct. AFAIK, MC always uses the [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] naming rule (if "Folder.jpg" is not selected). The difference becomes apparent with multiple artists albums.

1. 'Use Assorted' in file naming didn't work. My Album Artist (auto) was equal to the Artist, and the Album Artist was blank. I manually typed Assorted under Album Artist and then selected "Get from Internet". I got a message saying "Done getting covert art", but no file was added to my cover art folder.

If your tags are correct the [Album Artist (auto)] field should automatically have the "(Multiple Artists)" value. If you write "Assorted" in the Album Artist field you override the automatic logic and use a defined album artist name instead. "Assorted" is not different from any other manually typed name, like "DJ Tiesto", "Karajan", "DG classics" etc.

In theory MC could have saved the cover art file as "Assorted - [Album]", but only if an artist named "Assorted" really exists in the internet cover art source DB.

2. I manually added the jpg to my cover art folder. I ensured the jpg name was identical to the album name.  Quick Find in File didn't get the art.

3. Get from File works, however I get a "copy image" message: "Would you like to copy this image to the cover art location you have specified in Options".  Strange, because it's already there. If you say yes, then you get the art, and it is indeed a copy. Rather than inserting the file I said to get which was just named after the album, a new file appeared in the Cover art folder named: Assorted - Swinging Mademoiselles etc.

You need to ensure that the file name uses the [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] rule.

"Assorted" is your manually defined album artist in this case. If the cover art file is named as "Assorted - Swinging Mademoiselles etc" MC finds it.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Discussion: lise's cover art problems (from the MC12.0.108 thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 01:10:41 pm »

1. using Get from Internet alone doesn't do anything other than put the jpg in my Cover Art folder. I then have to go get it (Add from File or Quick Find in File. Would be nice if it were a 1-step process); and

2. If I select one file rather than all files in the album and then "Quick Find in File", only that one track gets the art. I thought cover art was by 'album', not by track?

I tried these two.

1. This worked correctly on my PC. MC found a cover art file, downloaded it and linked it with the selected audio files in one step.

2. This worked as you described. I think it also worked as designed. Each file can have individual cover art if preferred. It is technically a track image. If the file tags are correct MC displays these track images as one album cover art image.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up