INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zones for feeding Icecast?  (Read 3741 times)

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
Zones for feeding Icecast?
« on: November 13, 2006, 04:44:03 am »

Dear all,

I am running Icecast on my 24/7 server and MC12 on my multimedia pc (this is only running when I am at home). I would like to set up multiple zones on my multimedia pc, but I don't have several soundcards there. Instead of leading the output of each zone to a soundcard it would be great to give the output over to icecast. Why? Because I am using IP-Speakers that can connect via Homeplug to my icecast server.

So my wish is to control my ip-speakers with the zone-function of MC12. Any idea?

cu
  Marc

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Zones for feeding Icecast?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 08:33:38 am »

We'll keep this in mind, but won't be able to do it for version 12.

However, it's fairly simple to write output plugins for MC so perhaps someone could adopt this as a pet project.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

yap

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 05:21:28 pm »

I don't understand why MC developer do something usefull like this where they can make the MC more multi-zone friendly to give more competition to various multi-zone systems, look at my post where I tried multi-zone setup with application called VAC and Icecast...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34989.0

It would be so nice to have MC stream (like internet radio) so you can have each MC zone streaming something different and all you have to do is just tune into them via many internet radio ready devices...

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:07:07 am »

Interesting... I've wanted to do this for ages...

What Yap posts about doing with Virtual Audio Cable sounds unbelievably complicated.

I'd given up on it for a while, but after reading this, it revived my interest.

I found that www.barix.com have what appears to be what we're all looking for - what they call "Virtual Audio Card" (for free download - on their downloads\software page)

It's pretty easy to install and set up, but unfortunately for me, it makes Media Center crash when I try to play back audio through it :-(

I don't know if this is a quirk of my system or what, but it's a shame, because it looks like it would have been really useful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up