INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sansa Playlists  (Read 1368 times)

jasonod

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Sansa Playlists
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:02:11 pm »

A little help please: I am having trouble with playlists on my Sansa e270.  This topic was brought up before but I cannot figure out how to resolve this issue.  I was directed to the anythingbutipod forum and have been unable to follow the thread's directions b/c nobody on that forum uses Media Center (at least no one would admit to it; it seems that those people use Media Monkey).  I've gotta believe some of the administrators of this forum have experience with this issue.  Sandisk is no Ipod, but is nonetheless a major player in the handheld arena.

Again, my problem: Media Center shows my playlists as being on the device, but when I unplug the device, the data refreshes, and when I go to my "Playlists" folder, the playlists are shown, but THEN when I go to play each playlist, there is nothing but a bunch of symbols (squares to be exact).  Is this a problem with specifying the correct file path, a problem with hidden folders, or something else?  I even went so far as to rename my "MUSIC" folder as "AUDIO", but now MC won't let me rename it back to "MUSIC".

I've heard there are bugs with the Sansa e200 series, but any advice would be appreciated so I can get full use of this player.

Jasonod

SwellGuy

Re: Sansa Playlists
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:55:37 am »

Because the Sansa players present so many problems while in MSC mode we suggest that you transfer/sync with the device in MTP mode.

jasonod

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Sansa Playlists
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 10:12:56 pm »

Media Center rocks.  I've been a loyal user since about 2001 and have upgraded numerous times (to version 11).  However, I own the Sandisk Sansa e270, and while I know that there are still bugs on their end, I am VERY disappointed in the Media Center program for not being able to work with playlists on my handheld.  I've posted to this forum, the anythingbutipod forum, and the Media Monkey forum.  After seeking advice and perusing thru all of the relevant posts on all 3 forums, after downloading a couple tiny programs, and after being frustrated at getting nowhere with this issue for nearly a week, I've given up on Media Center to take care of me.  I downloaded (and then purchased the lifetime upgrades license) Media Monkey, and on first sync my playlists FINALLY showed up and are usable.

FYI: Media Center is a WAY better program than Media Monkey . . . except in this regard.  I will continue to use Media Center, but for syncing my Sansa e270, I'll have to use Media Monkey.  I hope someday the Media Center programmers will fix this bug on their end in some future version.  Please email me personally and let me know when this happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up