INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display View - OSD improvements?  (Read 955 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Display View - OSD improvements?
« on: December 09, 2006, 09:28:20 pm »

Hi,

Are there any plans to improve the OSD in Display View? Currently, I see that the OSD implementation is very minimal. I only see three OSD displays: Play, Pause and Stop. I am moving towards using MC12 as the DVD player of my choice and specifically for that the OSD is very inadequate. I would like to request the following improvements in the OSD:

• OSD background color, foreground color, font (size and type of font) and position (left, right, top, bottom etc.) should be customizable.
  • Volume Change/Mute should be in shown in OSD.
  • For DVD: DVD Subtitles and Audio selection should be possible with a button on remote/keyboard short-cut and the corresponding OSD should indicate the selection for a few seconds and then disappear
  • For DVD: Aspect Ratio selection should be selectable by a button on the remote/keyboard short-cut.
  • For DVD: If I change chapters using Prev, Next buttons: chapter number should be shown in the OSD
  • Forward, Backword, Next, Prev should be shown in OSD as appropriate symbols (with speed for forward/backword).

If any of these already exists, I would love to know how to use these feature! I know it's a lot to ask for :). But, its Christmas time, right? :).

thanks,
Osho

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Display View - OSD improvements?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 12:45:32 am »

• For DVD: If I change chapters using Prev, Next buttons: chapter number should be shown in the OSD
  • Forward, Backword, Next, Prev should be shown in OSD as appropriate symbols (with speed for forward/backword).

These points are already implemented. Cycling through DVD audio streams was added recently also: CTRL+SHIFT+L.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 01:49:53 am »

These points are already implemented. Cycling through DVD audio streams was added recently also: CTRL+SHIFT+L.

Do these changes reflect in OSD?

thanks,
Osho

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 02:42:07 am »

Do these changes reflect in OSD?

thanks,
Osho

Yes.