INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Restoring MC 11 after Installing Vista  (Read 1561 times)

historypro

Problem Restoring MC 11 after Installing Vista
« on: February 07, 2007, 10:08:11 pm »

I just performed a clean install of Vista and attempted to install Media Center 11.201 and 11.321. In both cases, when I start the program I get a window telling me that the 30-day period has expired. OK, but when I click on "Restore" and then Internet and enter my key, the key does not install and I have to start over again. I started with 10 Restores and am now down to 4, all without having a functioning  copy. So I have two questions: 1) how can I get MC to accept the key? 2) how can I get back my wasted restores? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron
historypro@aol.com

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Problem Restoring MC 11 after Installing Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:24:36 pm »

See the wiki for how to save your install key, so you don't keep using restores:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Purchase_and_License_Recovery#The_Installation_Key

Do you have admin privileges when you install? I believe you need them to install, but not to run later, though I'm not sure.

j

historypro

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »

Thanks. I installed with Administrator privileges, but administrator privileges are required to open MC (this was the problem I was having before). I set the program to "run as administrator" (under  Properties) so now I can open MC with a double click from my desktop. So that gets me going. Is it possible to have all of the restores I wasted restored? I started with 10 and now have 0.

Thanks.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 04:42:06 pm »

I've reset your restores, sorry for the trouble.

If you  or anyone else is so inclined, this information needs to go to the Wiki. I've made a list here:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/JRiverWiki:Community_Portal
under the To Do section

Thanks,

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up