INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.198 Complete Album Issues  (Read 1363 times)

keefycub

Media Center 12.0.198 Complete Album Issues
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:47:22 pm »

Is there a way to force Media Center to recognise single track radio shows or podcasts as full albums, so that they will play as full albums?  I have found that if an "album" has one track, the field for Complete Album will return 0 and it is not modifiable.  Length of "album" has no bearing.  It could be a single stray track that doesn't fit anywhere to a full 4 hour radio show.

I have 319 albums in my collection that are ripped to a single track, due to the contents being a single piece of music or radio show.   Ex.  Art Ensemble of Chicago "Reese & The Smooth Ones", Alan Silva "Seasons", Amon Duul II "Kobe (Reconstructions)", numerous Cecil Taylor albums, etc.  Original CD's of these are 1 track.  The most common pop music example I can think of is Prince's "Lovesexy". 

Thanks in advance.

keefycub

Re: Media Center 12.0.198 Complete Album Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:57:22 pm »

This question stands for the newest build which I have just installed.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 12.0.198 Complete Album Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:25:56 pm »

You are not alone. Some time ago I requested the same in the closed beta forum:

I ripped (recorded) some one-sided 12" vinyl records (DJ style remix singles). These records happen to contain only one track, but I can't make them appear inside my "complete albums" view schemes. It seems that MC needs at least two tracks to detect an album as complete. In my opinion these albums are complete because the only album track is in a separate folder and has correct track numbering (i.e. "1").

I searched my library and found that I also have at least two complete full-length CD albums that are doomed to be incomplete: Mike Oldfield's Amarok and Juno Reactor's Luciana. Both albums contain only one about an hour-length track.

MC should detect an album as complete if the only track is in a separate folder and has the track number 1.

I have not tested how MC handles a situation in which a multi-disc album has two or more one-track discs that are ripped into the same folder (each file having the track number 1 and the correct disc number), but also albums like this should be detected as complete.

Alternatively you could allow manual editing of the Complete Album field value. (An edit in this field would need to also automatically change the (complete)/(incomplete) part in the Album Type field.)

I'll try to bump the thread there.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up