INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone HELP ME WITH COVER ARTS PLEASE?  (Read 2649 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Can someone HELP ME WITH COVER ARTS PLEASE?
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:46:46 am »

i have made many posts here. I just spent Hours going to external drive where music is stored, and going into every folder and renaming all cover arts folder.jpg

Then auto imported into media center. and when i play a song the thumbnails before the song i select disappears and the song i select disappears, and the song after it disappears???

Also when i look the tag for image file they all say now inside file. could this be why? shouldnt it say folder.jpg? why doesnt it?

Anyone?
Please?
anyone have MSN or yahoo messenger?

I have been battling this for some time now.

Addition: i just went through my thumbnails and all of them say image file inside file. when i right click choose add from file(after turning off in options to save images in files) then my thumbnails work!!! do i have to go through all my playlists and choose add from file? because quick find in file doesnt seem to work. only if i choose add from file then the image file tag will change from inside image to foler.jpg.

Any ideas?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Can someone HELP ME WITH COVER ARTS PLEASE?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 02:27:13 pm »

What happened to this thread?

I see three or four different threads on the same subject, no offense but personally I would appreciate it if you'd stick with the original thread for the same topic and update it with what you are doing. I understand your frustration but adding new topics isn't going to help.

Now, I'd love to help you out but I am fairly new with cover art and thumbnails. Judging by what you are describing I think I would want to start from scratch, but I'm guessing that's not what you want to hear. Sorry I can't be of much help mate.

Ingemar.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 03:41:53 pm »

thanks for reply inflatable. i dont care where i start. as long as someone can stay with the topic till the end. would be appreciative. or at least give  a moo or maaa that they have no clue so i can post a new topic or have someone else try to help me out here. this issue has been literally since i bought media center. back in early 10's? and i finally had it where maybe only 40 albums wouldnt show the thumbnails\they would disappear everytime id play that song. well its 12 now so i thought i'd try and get it so ALL the thumbnails would show. well now i screwed it up to where they all show but disappear once you play the file, and the thumbs only come back when i do library restore, then play a song and thumbnail disappear

using quick find in file\covert does nothing at all. it finds it and immediatelly thumbnail disappears. when i choose tag... image file says inside image. when i right click the missing thumbnail choose add from file then it will change it and it will show up in tag...image file as folder.jpg. and now finally the thumb will stay!?
So i am wondering if it possible to select all my thumbnails. and make them so they ARE NOT  saved inside file. so i can run a quick test. or must i do every single thumbnail manually?

In tools options file location... i have save image in tag UNchecked.

thank you.

as far as other posts i'll delete them.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:10:16 pm »

The visible thumbnails are cached smaller copies of the actual image files. Normally MC creates them on the need basis. Without this cache system the thumbnail views would be too slow.

The actual cover art file is directly displayed only in certain places: inside the cover art visualizations in Playing Now and in the expanded AW -> Tag > Image Window (Click the small image in the AW > Tag window to expand the image display.)

I don't know why your Image File field value is "Inside File". Are you sure that you have not used the "Store in file tags also" option previously? Have you checked if the files actually have embedded cover art? (You can check that from the expanded image display in AW)

In any case, I don't think that MC can create new cover art links if the Image File field already contains the old values. You must first get rid of the current field values. Only after that MC can create new links to the folder.jpg files that are in the album folders. The way to clear the old field values is: Select the files > right-click > Cover Art > Remove Cover Art (answer no to the "delete from the disk too" question that appears).

However, the "Inside File" file value may not get cleared if you have not selected the "Store in file tags also" option in Options > File Location > Track Images. You may need to enable the option temporarily. Remember to change it back before running the Quick Find for new images.
(If I recall correctly I tested this a few months ago, but I am not sure if anything has changed since then).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

modelmaker

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 06:31:02 pm »

Like mouse said, don't start another thread or new topic on this subject, just type "Bump" in a new repley in this thread and that will bring it back up to the top of the forum.

I think inflatable mouse meant to start from scratch here, It might be helpful for you to post your system  info (MC  Help>System Info) here and your settings for your cover art images. What types of music files ? What types of image files?

I prefer to store my cover art in the music file's tag (mp3), I also store the image in the mp3 album folder (next to file). The advantage here is you can "update library from tags" in case you lose your separately stored images.

I have music and images stored both on internal drives and external USB drives and I have never had any lost images problems.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 06:55:51 pm »

i took alex's advise and it seems to be working. i'm going through every folder and they are now staying. what has happened for some reason. is Example. i have a whitney houston folder. in it greatest hits. which is where i had folder.jpg. Well news songs that i have added to the whitney houston folder for some reason have been put into there own folders?? which in turn have nocover arts. i know for a fact i never made a folder called the bodycard. or love songs or unknown etc... is media center making  folders? how do i stop this? i think i have figured out my issue from day one. it's media center makng its own folders. when i choose to make my own. and sort my folders in windows my way. is this possiblely why i was having issues?

Thanks modelmaker for the bump tip. and alexB for new idea. and everyone else. sorry bout posting so much but this was getting on my last nerve.

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 02:43:38 pm »

If you are ripping the songs, then MC will save the files as set in Tools>Options>File Location. Down near the bottom you can set the file naming and folder rules.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 07:21:35 pm »

I'd also prefer if you would stay in one thread with your topic, and NOT TYPE CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS EQUIVALENT OF SCREAMING.

Anyway, you should consider storing album art in a central location (i believe this is MC's default behaviour). This will save you a lot of headache, especially when moving or deleting files. AFAIK, MC will, for example, _not_ automatically move the folder.jpg when moving files, or (even worse) renaming directories. It's been a while since i was experimenting with folder.jpg, so this could have been changed in recent versions, but i don't think it was.

globetrotters1

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 08:17:45 pm »

I'd also prefer if you would stay in one thread with your topic, and NOT TYPE CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS EQUIVALENT OF SCREAMING.

ADDiCT,

CAPS can also be that you want to emphasize some words in a sentence - it has not always the sense of screaming! A whole sentence in CAPS, that is something totally different, there I would agree

Thanks for being fair,
Martin
(globetrotters1)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:25:30 pm »

globetrotters1: <Sigh>. There's something called "Netiquette", ever heard about that? I was referring to ~85% of the sentence written in caps - i think you hardly would call that "highlighting some words". The general accepted netiquette also has notes about OT posts, btw. Thanks for your understanding, and your constructive remark.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 09:52:11 pm »

I Agree Globetrotters.
what do ya know... i started a debate! hmmmm now if we can get speedy responces like this about important issues we'd be in business. Glad i got your ATTENTION Addict and you came to check out this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up