INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smartlist question  (Read 1661 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
smartlist question
« on: May 05, 2007, 12:46:54 pm »

ive been searching for this. would it be possible for instance, to get a list with all artists with more then 200 songs in the library?

thanks
gab

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: smartlist question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 01:28:57 pm »

It's not possible via smartlists, but...

If you look at a view scheme that has an [artist] pane. Hover over the scheme label in the header and choose 'Artist' from the popout menu. Once there, hover again and change the view to details. Now set the track # column next to the artist column and click on the track # column header to sort by it. When used in this scenario, "Track #" actually represents the file count, and there you have the info you're looking for:

-marko.

gappie

Re: smartlist question
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 03:21:30 pm »

holy cow, marko, you are the best with this stuff. i thought that that what i wanted was impossible. so i asked the question a bit simpler concentrating on the bottle neck. what i wanted was a view with my artiesten (artists, a list field), maybe only showing the 7 artiesten with the most songs. and underneath it, in the files a random list of their songs. i need to work a bit on it. but i get where i want. here is a view with the top artists with there amount of songs under it.

so, thanks a lot!!

edit: got it the way i wanted it. or at least good enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up