INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.226  (Read 10600 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.226
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:32:12 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120226.exe

12.0.226 (5/8/07)

1. NEW: TV has an option to use FFDShow video decoder for post processing.
2. Changed: The Purchase / Restore dialog now recognizes when a restore is performed and allows the program to start right away. (instead of requiring a restart)
3. Fixed: Smartlist dialog wouldn't honor skin's coloring for some controls.
4. Changed: When doing an explicit "Import Playlist...", metadata for tracks already in the library will be replaced by metadata from the playlist.
5. Fixed: "Restart Player" for time-shifting TV did not restart at the previous position (it restarted at beginning instead).
6. Changed: Minor updates on Chinese language file.
7. NEW: Added option to use FFDShow video decoder for post processing in DVD playback.
8. Changed: Theater View "Items To Show" edit button renamed "Configure".
9. NEW: Theater View "RSS" and "Weather" plugins are included with the build.
10. Changed: Theater View weather plugin downloads images from the server the first time instead of including them with the plugin.

12.0.225 (5/4/07)

1. NEW: TV recording and time-shifting functions for "AverMedia USB" device.
2. Fixed: Smartlist editor wasn't working with playlists for some non-English languages.
3. Fixed: When starting with an empty library and importing many tracks (50,000+), MC could be slower than expected until it was restarted.
4. Updated: Default Webpages.
5. Fixed: The Library Server would not correctly recognize that it was not running after cycling through 10 TCP ports and failing.
6. Fixed: MC reported incorrect video dimmension of some videos (for example 1280x720 HDTV recordings were reported as 704x480).
7. Changed: Reworked Theater View navigation / controls.
8. Fixed: Action Window > Tag > Format page could show two scrollbars.

12.0.224 (5/3/07)

1. Fixed: YADB DVD lookup was ignoring default name if the DVD wasn't found.
2. Fixed: Pasting cover art from https:// URLs would not work properly.
3. Fixed: Playing a DVD in Windows Vista with EVR renderering wouldn't always nicely repaint the non-movie area.
4. Changed: The player will no longer try to build a thumbnail for a file that is in the tagging queue. (since this could cause the wrong thumbnail to appear in rare cases)
5. Changed: MCC_PLAY_TV command will now start playing previously played TV channel.
6. Changed: Reworked how skinning engine deals with non-frame style popup windows. (should be internal change, but please report any strange behavior)
7. Fixed: Double-click was not working on the DVD playback window when using EVR under Vista.
8. Fixed: DVD failed to play when an audio output device (renderer) has not been selected for the zone.
9. Fixed: Corrected tab functionality in the Smartlist Editor.
10. Fixed: Smartlist Editor could corrupt existing rules that used a range when adding new rules.
11. NEW: TV time-shifting graph is restarted when user switches monitor.
12. NEW: Smartlist editor uses larger dropdowns that nicely support typed navigation, skinned scrollbars, etc.
13. Fixed: Theater View navigation could get stuck when trying to arrow back to the new control box.

12.0.223 (4/27/07)

1. NEW: The on screen display (image captions, volume, position, etc.) support alpha in the skin art.
2. NEW: TV Recordings are imported into MC with these meta data automatically set: Genre="TV Recordings", Album=<station name>.
3. NEW: Theater View uses a standard control box at the top of the buttons to make common functions always available without using as much screen space as individual buttons.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Media Center 12.0.226
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:00:59 am »

MC freezes when i try to enter the "Theater View" Options, or activate Theater View. May have something to do with the new plugins included in the package. I am currently at work and security settings block internet access. And the new theater view plugins tries to download from internet automaticly, so i guess thats why it freezes...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 09:07:28 am »

Retested with 226 and still a bug:

1. Create a playlist group, call it '_PG01_'
2. Create 3 playlists under '_PG01_" and call them "Nano", "Nano_01" and "Nano_02"
3. Add a different album or set of tracks (your choice) to each Nano playlist
4. Now, create a View Scheme with the top-level (step 1) criteria being Playlist Group and choose '_PG01_' (I had Playlist Group, Artist and Year as my three criteria or panes).
5. Now, view your new View Scheme.  When you select "Nano" (in pane _PG01_) you'll see all three playlist's albums (tracks) listed.  I think the bug is (it appears to be) that if a Playlist's name partially matches another Playlist's name, it's including the other Playlist's tracks as well (meaning Nano's name matches the first 4 letters of the Nano_01 and Nano_02 names).  If I change the name of Nano to Nano_00, the problem(s) go away!!

I use this type of setup/scheme for some really kewl stuff I do with playlist and edit schemes (for 3 portable MP3 players I have & use in different environments).  I can tell what's on one player and not another or get cross section of whats on all the players or 2 of them, and so on.

NOTE: Under the view scheme setup and the Playlist Group criteria for _PG01_, if you change the setting for Matching to Match all, then Nano shows nothing.  With Match any specified, Nano show the contents of all three playlists (in the view scheme).

----------

9. Fixed: Corrected tab functionality in the Smartlist Editor.

Sorry, tabbing still does not work properly in Smartlist Editor.  :-\

And, while you're at it, the <Enter> and <Esc> keys do not work in the Smartlist Editor (for Ok and Cancel buttons).

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:46:45 am »

The BloggingHeads.tv audio podcast feed (http://bloggingheads.tv/itunes.php) does not work properly in MC. MC says it contains a data format error, even though other podcatchers, e.g. FeedDemon, handle it without any problem.

michaelb

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 11:28:42 am »

In Theater View, when you are in the Audio, Video, Images, etc. page, there is a "Playing Now" on the left side of the screen that shows the coverart for what is currently playing. The background for this coverart is a white square. Could this please have a transparent background instead of a white square so that only the coverart shows?

When at Tools>Options>Theater View, right above the items, it says "Items to" as the heading. Shouldn't it say "Items to display" or something like that?

When at Tools>Options>Theater View and you select a default item and click "configure," you get the message "Please select an editable item and try again." I would like to be able to edit the item name. For example, I would like to change RSS to News (or some may want to change it to MC Forum) so that it makes sense to the rest of the family.

I currently have the time show at the at title bar of Theater View. It would be nice to add the current weather information there and even Playing Now information. Here is an example at Meedio.

rjm

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 11:59:13 am »

Import still reports dvds have changed when they have not.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 12:47:41 pm »

The error I posted in the last build here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40335.msg275756#msg275756
where the grab bar in missing in the one Playing Now window as shown in the photos is still there.

Additionally, when clicking on the "X" to open a new tab, the new Playing Now tab opens with the display above the file list, but the original Playing Now tab now shows the file window open full (no display above/display closed) but the Grab Bar is suddenly missing  

This IS repeatable on both my media server and my laptop
. . . the game is rigged

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07:51 pm »

There's some problem with the support of the Year field of ID3v1 tags (for MP3s).  When changed via MC, the Year is not saved when changed.  It changes in MC, but not in the MP3 file itself.  Consequently, if you do Update Library (from tag), the Year reverts to its prior value.  I have ID3v2 tag support turned off (delete if existing), fyi.  I've noticed this for a few months now, but decided I'd mention the bug now.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 02:21:29 pm »

There's some problem with the support of the Year field of ID3v1 tags (for MP3s).  When changed via MC, the Year is not saved when changed.  It changes in MC, but not in the MP3 file itself.  Consequently, if you do Update Library (from tag), the Year reverts to its prior value.  I have ID3v2 tag support turned off (delete if existing), fyi.  I've noticed this for a few months now, but decided I'd mention the bug now.

Can you change the other ID3v1 tags succesfully?

I tried to reproduce this. I changed the the tagging behavior to use only ID3v1 and tried a couple of test files. MC had no problems with changing the Year or other ID3v1 tags.

Have you checked what the format info in Action Window > Tag says about the file? (Add the format field if not already visible and click it to display a full tag dump.)

Also, have you checked if tag writing is enabled in the library field options? (Options > Library & Folders > Standard Library Fields > Date > Data: Store in file tags)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:25:22 pm »

Since 226 I've no audio with my Hauppauge Hvr 1300. Before everything worked fine... without problems...but now I've no audio. The settings are still the same.

Any suggestions. Maybe the ffdshow has something to do with my problem.

tn1
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 03:06:48 pm »

Import still reports dvds have changed when they have not.
Please try the next build.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 03:12:55 pm »

Not a big issue I know, but nonetheless one that's been irritating me for a long time...
If I change any of the feature options on or off under Options -> General -> Advanced -> Features, it tells me that 'Feature changes only take effect after restarting the program', yet never have I ever had to restart MC for them to take effect...

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 03:37:41 pm »

When media center is being run is ReadOnly mode, e.g. when another instance has the right to write to the library, Auto Downloads of podcasts should be disabled by default. As things are now, unless this is manually reset each time when running MC, multiple instances of MC will try to download the same podcast.

JONCAT

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 07:14:21 pm »

I am confused about the Album (Year) field.

My fields read:

1982 (Album)

whereas I would expect

Album (Year)
Sweet So Still  (1982)

bug?

Dr. C

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 08:19:59 pm »

Can you change the other ID3v1 tags succesfully?

I tried to reproduce this. I changed the the tagging behavior to use only ID3v1 and tried a couple of test files. MC had no problems with changing the Year or other ID3v1 tags.

Have you checked what the format info in Action Window > Tag says about the file? (Add the format field if not already visible and click it to display a full tag dump.)

Also, have you checked if tag writing is enabled in the library field options? (Options > Library & Folders > Standard Library Fields > Date > Data: Store in file tags)

Yes, all other ID3v1 Tag fields work fine (save to the ID3v1 tag data for any MP3s).  I just tested again and it is broken.  I used in-place editing to update the Year and the Format (in AC window) still showed the original year (from the file).  I did Update Library (from tags) and the old year came back.  I did this test on an unimported MP3 file, it failed.  I did it on an imported track, it failed.  I check the Data > Data: Store in file tags and it was checked (enabled).

Also, the Date Modified does NOT change for the MP3 file(s) either when just changing the Year field.  Using the AC Tag window to change the Year as the same effect (bug).

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 03:03:48 am »

Not a big thing but still there:
Theatre View shows in Track# an offset by -1 in the visualizations. When playing Track#1 it shows 0

Uwe

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 06:01:56 pm »

ok this one is a little hard to explain.

When you are in theater view with the option size set to display two rows of thumbnails eg 70% displays 2 rows of 7 thumbnails.

when mc plays the first row (track 1 to 7) everything is ok, the green arrow just moves along.
on track 8 the second row moves up to where the first row was which is good.
on track 9 what is now the first row moves back down to the second row
on track 10 this row moves up again.

The row continuosly changes location up then down on each subsequent track change.

Richard

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 11:45:53 pm »

Since 226 I've no audio with my Hauppauge Hvr 1300. Before everything worked fine... without problems...but now I've no audio. The settings are still the same.

Any suggestions. Maybe the ffdshow has something to do with my problem.

tn1

I did a rollback to 12.0.222 and everything works fine. I've no problem....

Please look at it... I use only Media Center for watching TV and now I can't with the new version.
-- Albert Einstein

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 01:46:40 am »

Scaling is still not honoured for "Views", "Exit", etc. pop-up Theater View windows.
C.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 06:50:22 am »

I did a rollback to 12.0.222 and everything works fine. I've no problem....
Did you try 226 after that?  It might work.

JONCAT

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 08:16:50 am »

I'm trying to set up Tiles to fill the screen perfectly. Seeming some problems:

1. Screen gets scrambled (top layer of Tiles gets ghosted and stuck) while increasing Tile size to the point where scroll bar is needed and appears on the side.

2. Changing the horizontal spacing doesn't have any affect for some steps up: I can go up to 6 with no spacing change, and then 7 launches my Tiles down into a new row. This is using the apply button or OK.

3. MC locked up while playing with Tile size.

I used to be able to adjust Tiles to be perfectly spaced on my screen without having to scroll down; same number of Tiles. The adjustment feels less exact and has some bugs as mentioned.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.226 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1785 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 230 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4240N  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 01:14:39 pm »

Yes, several times....nothing.

Would be cool if that bug will be fixed.

Thx anyway.
-- Albert Einstein

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 01:41:49 pm »

in this version i cannot rip a dvd at all, just get an error message saying to make sure an Audio CD is inserted in the drive.

Richard

SiGuy

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 05:28:17 pm »

v12.0.226 Freezes When Reading from Network Drive

I've used MC for years.  I've been using MC12 since the public release.  v12.0.226 is the first revision that I can't use at all.  At initial startup, album coverart doesn't refresh in playing_now.  Switching to Audio view freezes the application before all Genres and cover art can be displayed.  It is not a network data transfer issue because I've waited >20minutes without any change in MC12's display status.  When MC12.0.226 freezes, the rest of my system is fully operational.  Killing MC12.0.226 from TaskMan terminates the app successfully.

Re-installing v12.0.222 returns the system to normal operation.   So these freezes seem specific to v12.0.226.  (I have not tried v12.0.225.)

System Configuration:

CPU:  Core2Duo XE (3.2GHz)
RAM:  2GB
O/S:  WinXP/Pro (tripple boot system:  XP/Pro, Vista, VectorLinux v5.8.  Problem confirmed in XP/Pro)
MB:   Intel D975XBX
HDD:  C:  80GB/NTFS, D: 500GB/NTFS RAID0, Library on Buffalo 320GB Linkstation Gigabit Network Drive
Network:  1000BT Cabled Ethernet

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 07:30:48 pm »

one little niggly thing that has been recently introduced is that when in theater view, mc does a screen refresh every few minutes or so.

Richard

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 08:47:37 am »

I like to have Visualisations or G-Force full screen permanently on my HTPC but when I play new tracks (via NetRemote) MC exits full screen mode.  MC11 did not do this.  It would be great if this could be fixed because it really spoils the HTPC experience to have MC continually exit full screen mode.
JLee

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 08:59:56 am »

I like to have Visualisations or G-Force full screen permanently on my HTPC but when I play new tracks (via NetRemote) MC exits full screen mode.  MC11 did not do this.  It would be great if this could be fixed because it really spoils the HTPC experience to have MC continually exit full screen mode.
Can you test without NetRemote?

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 09:08:14 am »

Can you test without NetRemote?
I can't actually think of a way of doing that because how else can I add new tracks in a sort of Play (Replace) mode without exiting Display View?  I tried setting the Jump on play behaviour to 'Display view - Always' but that doesn't help either.

Do you think it might be a NetRemote problem?  I can post on their forum if so.  I just thought it was probably MC12 related since NR hasn't changed since I started seeing this issue.
JLee

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 12:12:48 pm »

Smartlist editor rules with: Feed URL is ... don't work:

Example:
The rule edited with the dropdownlist

Feed URL   is  http://www.ndr.de/podcastlink/god_bless_america.xml

becomes

Feed URL   is  http:/www.ndr.de/podcastlink/god_bless_america.xml

(one slash is deleted)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007, 12:15:39 pm »

Try adding another slash.  Slash is a special character.

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 12:23:15 pm »

I don't edit the rule with the command line.
I just take it from the dropdownlist where all my podcast are listed.
But that doesn't work.
The URL from that list (with a double slash) is changed to the URL with only one slash (after hitting OK).

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 05:50:33 pm »

I've just noticed an odd little bug in importing Real media files- Import a file, change the tags & then re-import it; MC now thinks the file has changed and resets all the tags.
Introduced in 12.0.222 I think, but I can't be certain- 12.0.189 is my only backup before then, and it works fine.

-Leezer-

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 12:15:06 pm »

Smartlist support with [Year] modifier in it is wacko (bugged).  If you use the editor to build a smartlist that selects only the tracks from the 1990s ([Year] with =>=1990 and =<=1999 modifiers) for all tracks in a basic playlist, the smartlist never finds the tracks.  But, if you use custom (twice) and type in [Date (year)]=>=1990 and [Date (year)]=<=1999 and press Ok, the smartlist works.  But, if you go back in and attempt to edit *anything* for the smartlist (say add Sorting random) or tweak anything and press Ok, the smartlist stops working.  Also, at this point, you'll see double/triple semi-colons in the smartlist description (at the top when selected).  So, if you manually type the [Date (year)] stuff and get everything perfect before pressing Ok, you are good to go, but going back in (via Edit) breaks the smartlist.

eddy junior

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 06:52:01 pm »

Hello. I just updated to MC 12.0.226 and was able to moderate everything to where I had it before. Everything except the visualization in the action window. In previous versions, that could be different from the main visualization window in "playing now." Is there any way to have a different visualization from the main "playing now" visualization in 226? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 08:49:14 pm »

Hello. I just updated to MC 12.0.226 and was able to moderate everything to where I had it before. Everything except the visualization in the action window. In previous versions, that could be different from the main visualization window in "playing now." Is there any way to have a different visualization from the main "playing now" visualization in 226? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No, sorry.  A lot of users (me included) found it confusing to set a visualization and switch views only to see it change right back.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

etfrommars

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 07:00:24 am »

with checking "show home button" in option,but not showed in theater view mode.

eddy junior

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 11:16:26 am »

No, sorry.  A lot of users (me included) found it confusing to set a visualization and switch views only to see it change right back.

Ok, thanks for the response. It's a minor thing.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 12:40:14 pm »

I'm never quite sure where 'normal' behaviour stops and bugs begin in some cases, & this is one of those-
The cleanup file properties tool very annoyingly corrects TV to Tv. Not really a big deal, but just irritating enough to report it here :)

A second point again concerning this tool- Any chance of adding the option to convert full-stops into spaces please?

Cheers

-Leezer-

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Smartlist editor not working properly
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 03:06:41 pm »

Since some builds the smartlist editor seems buggy to me or has the syntax changed?

I used to have a smartlist showing all files ending with (1).mp3 and being duplicates for artist and title. This smartlist doesn't work anymore. The duplicates modifier is ignored instead.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Smartlist editor not working properly
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 03:36:22 pm »

Since some builds the smartlist editor seems buggy to me or has the syntax changed?

I used to have a smartlist showing all files ending with (1).mp3 and being duplicates for artist and title. This smartlist doesn't work anymore. The duplicates modifier is ignored instead.

Please start a thread and include the full smartlist rule so we can dig a little more.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up