INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - Detached Diplay and simultaneous Mini View  (Read 930 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Theater View - Detached Diplay and simultaneous Mini View
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:42:35 pm »

I just started using Mini View (Slim Skin) on my work computer and I like it a lot. I especially like the way that I can customize the display for for Title, Author, playback info, etc. This allows me to set it up exactly as I like.

I also just found out that I can use detach display in Playing Now while using Theater View. This allows the track info to be shown while navigating each page of Theater View (weather, news, etc.).

It would be really neat if the Mini View (Slim Skin) could be integrated into Theater View or displayed simultaneously with Theater View as a detached display. This would allow me to customize a display for track info that I position somewhere on the screen. Once positioned, it would display on each Theater View page or an option could be provided as to which pages have Mini View overlayed on top.

This concept could be taken even further and you could have detached weather and RSS feeds, too.

For optimally viewing, the detached diplays for playing now, track info, weather, RSS, etc. would need to be borderless and have a transparent background. This would allow them to blend in effortlessly with the rest of Theater View.

Another suggestion would be to add Mini View as an option for "set display" in Playing Now while using Theater View. You could right click the display and click "Set Display" and then choose cover art, 3d Visualizations, Track Info, Visualizations, or Mini View. Cover Art would need to be incorporated into Mini View and the small print menus at the top could be removed. The diplay text would need to follow the scaling of Theater View. The buttons would need to be mapped to Theater View buttons instead of MegaView buttons. Then you could see your cover art, view album and track info, have playback buttons, have repeat and shuffle buttons, have a dsp button, and have a slider that would graphically display how much of the track you have listened to so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up