INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature proposal: using library-tags in path for coverart  (Read 1521 times)

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
feature proposal: using library-tags in path for coverart
« on: June 01, 2007, 05:02:10 am »

hi folks,

I have organized my coverart not in a single folder and also not inside the same folder where the music is stored. all mediafiles (audio, images, videos) are organized in subfolders of their mediatype.

music -> d:\audio\artist\album\track.mp3
images -> d:\images\artist\album\image.jpg
videos -> d:\images\artist\album\video.avi

Yes, I use artist & album tags also for images and videos to keep things easy for me. I use the library tools -> "rename from properties" function to move the media into the right folder.

OK, here comes the request.

If I listen to the latest album from "Pink" the music is located under d:\audio\pink\i'm not dead\...
and the corresponding cover art is found under d:\images\pink\i'm not dead\...

I would like to see a feature to build a path to coverart using library tags, the way you build a path in the "rename from properties" function. MC should search there for new cover art.

Am I the only one organizing coverart that way? ;D

BR/Marc

mhakman

• World Citizen
Re: feature proposal: using library-tags in path for coverart
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 05:49:35 am »

Why not to open ”Image File” field for write? Currently it is read only.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: feature proposal: using library-tags in path for coverart
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 06:38:22 am »

Am I the only one organizing coverart that way? ;D

I keep everything that is related to an audio CD in the same album folder. In my experience this has been the most practical system. I have usually several cover art scans and album related document files. I import and tag them all. When the front cover is linked from the album folder the link in the Image File field does not contain a directory path. The link is always correct if the linked image file is in the album folder. When I want to move an album I can easily browse to the album location and move all files at once. (I have configured a few "all media" view schemes for that.)

Here is an example from my library:

All these files have identical Artist and Album tags (David Bowie, Hunky Dory).

Why not to open ”Image File” field for write? Currently it is read only.

Many users (including me) have requested new cover art location and linking related features.

In addition, I would like to have some automation for linking and displaying (in a slideshow) more than one album related image file.

I hope JRiver can address these things during the next beta cycle.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up