INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.240 JRWorker.exe messed up?  (Read 1717 times)

sorerukon

Media Center 12.0.240 JRWorker.exe messed up?
« on: June 01, 2007, 09:34:22 am »

I downloaded the patch today for MC (bringing me up to 12.0.240) and now that I've done so MC has been rendered completely useless. JRWorker spawns 4-5 times and sits there doing nothing while my system slows to a crawl. Clicking on anything is a 1-2 minute process. So far I've tried disabling all of the options related to thumbnails but that doesn't seem to work. The only way I can get MC to run normally is to rename JRWorker.exe so that it cannot be called by MC. Of course after doing this other problems arise. The previous version I had installed worked perfectly. Does anyone have a link to one of the previous builds for MC12? I've looked in the faq section and there doesn't appear to be a link for them. If anyone has any idea what's going on please enlighten me.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 12.0.240 JRWorker.exe messed up?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 01:33:17 pm »

Hiya,
Been there, done that ;p
99% certain its the same FFDShow/ JR bug I'm experiencing- Switch off FFDShows' decoding of DivX (If you've installed CCP, you can do it through the CCP settings manager, otherwise there should be a FFDShow thing somewhere in the start menu), and you should be fine. I've got the DivX official decoder installed ATM, as this does fix the problem, but still :)

-Leezer-

Chris Main

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 04:23:37 am »

I'm very new to MC so I may be wrong, but....

Is this not just MC cataloging all your video files... and needing to run an instance of ffdshow (while that is set in the directshow settings of course) for each one (in order to grab an image to use as a thumbnail) ?

That was my assumption anyway.. I had exactly the same experience (but with multiple instances of reclock opening also) ... and figured I just needed to let MC work it's way through the library ...

..once it did, all was fine... but you are talking quite a long time if you have a large number of files.....

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 06:00:08 pm »

Nah, thats designed to be transparent  :)
What we're seeing here is a situation where the whole JR system is 99% hung- You should be able to browse the library as a whole, & do things (Max a couple of seconds lag), whereas here simply clicking on a file (The time from when you press the left-mouse button until the blue highlight comes up) is taking a minute plus.
12.0.189 is the last build I 100% know doesn't have this bug, there may be a few more in between that I haven't tried. Good news is that one of JR's testers is experiencing this bug also, & he reported that there have been improvements to the thumbnailing process in the most recent beta build, but this isn't available to us mere mortals ATM :P

Good things come to those who wait (Hopefully anyway!)

-Leezer-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 06:00:08 pm »

Please try build 251.  It no longer ever waits for thumbnails to finish building when switching views.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 02:11:07 pm »

;D
Cheers- 12.0.251 fixes the hang, but introduces variations on a theme  :P
Now thumbnails will no longer delete, & just sit there, instead of going back to the default no-image picture.

Still, its progress!

-Leezer-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 02:16:16 pm »

What do you mean?  Are you trying to delete thumbnails?

Maybe describe exactly what you're doing and what you're seeing now.

Thanks.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 03:16:10 pm »

What I'm doing is clicking on a video file, going  into the cover art menu & selecting remove cover art. In previous builds, this caused the video thumbnail to be removed and the image to go back to the standard filmreel. This is no longer happening- The thumbnail stays in place. This only affects video thumbnails; If an external image (JPEG etc) is mapped as the cover art, its removed correctly.

Not a big deal at all really, just a little annoying  :)

-Leezer-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 04:05:33 pm »

What I'm doing is clicking on a video file, going  into the cover art menu & selecting remove cover art. In previous builds, this caused the video thumbnail to be removed and the image to go back to the standard filmreel. This is no longer happening- The thumbnail stays in place. This only affects video thumbnails; If an external image (JPEG etc) is mapped as the cover art, its removed correctly.

Not a big deal at all really, just a little annoying  :)

-Leezer-

If there's no cover art, doing "Remove Cover Art..." won't do anything.

In this case, the thumbnail will just be from 5 seconds (or so) into the clip.  This can't be removed.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 04:18:06 pm »

If there's no cover art, doing "Remove Cover Art..." won't do anything.

In this case, the thumbnail will just be from 5 seconds (or so) into the clip.  This can't be removed.

OK, odd  :D
It was removing the thumbnail this way until the most recent build, I just found it useful for rebuilding broken thumbnails. This still works by adding & removing an image as cover art, so as I say not really a big deal.

-Leezer-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 04:22:50 pm »

For what it's worth, "Update Library (from tags)" will always rebuild the thumbnail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up