INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: same album/cover art everywhere  (Read 1841 times)

nunisimo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
same album/cover art everywhere
« on: June 03, 2007, 09:10:15 pm »

hi,

I've had this problem for some time now.  i have a few album covers that are on about 5k songs.  is there anyway to delete these specific album covers permanently?  I don't want to delete all album covers, just these few.  Also, is there any new service to update album covers automatically?

thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: same album/cover art everywhere
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 05:29:11 am »

Have you checked the "Image File " library field? (You can add this column to a details view.) What does this field show for these files?

For removing cover art you can select the files and do right-click > cover art > remove cover art. (You may want to gather to files to a new playlist first). After that MC asks if you want to delete the files from disk also. If the same cover art files are not needed for other audio files you can let MC delete the disk files too.

After the Image File field is empty you can try right-click > cover art > get from internet. MC12 has a new online cover art database. It works a lot better than the internet lookup with older MC versions. You can also submit cover art files to this database if you obtained them from elsewhere or if you want to submit higher quality files to the online database.

The online cover art lookup and submission is based on the audio file tags. Check that the Artist and Album tags are correct before proceeding.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nunisimo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 11:46:21 pm »

Thanks.

I added the image file field and see that almost all the images are called folder.jpg so I can't isolate the images that are copied across hundreds of songs and delete them.   Any other ideas?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 03:18:29 am »

If the displayed filename in the Image File field column does not contain a directory path then the linked image is in the same folder with the audio file.

Have you checked the audio file folders for folder.jpg files? Or do you you keep audio files from many different albums in the same folder? That would explain why many albums the same cover art.

Check also for hidden and system files and hidden filename extensions. You can make these visibbe in the Windows Explorer options (Tools > Folder Options > View...)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up