INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coke Screen Play style slides, trailers, and a movie.  (Read 5098 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Coke Screen Play style slides, trailers, and a movie.
« on: June 08, 2007, 10:32:18 am »

At avsforum.com, a member has created 860 Screen Play style slides to use before a movie. These have trivia, taglines, movie moments etc. that you can play before you launch trailers and a movie. This gives you the "theater" experience in your own home.

Many people create their own slideshows that they burn to a DVD and watch before their movie. However, since these slides are 1920x1080 jpegs, they could be imported into MC and tagged. You could create playlists of the slides for use before movies based on tags, playlists of trailers, and then launch the movie.

For example, if you were going to watch a James Bond movies, you could have James Bond trivia question/answer slides (tagged with a keyword of "James Bond"), followed by No Talking, In Case Of Fire Use Exit, etc. slides (tagged with a keyword of "All Movies") while a James Bond Theme song is playing. The trailers could then launch (3 random trailers with a genre of "Action"), and finally the movie would launch.

What suggestions do you have for tagging the slides and trailers (instead of trailers I use clips of movies that show off the surround sound or bass) and creating playlists for watching movies? How would you select random slides and can you set the time interval different for each playlist? I think MC's powerful capabilities could really be leveraged to make some creative movie watching experiences!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Coke Screen Play style slides, trailers, and a movie.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 10:49:22 am »

Wow... That's pretty cool.   :)  :o

(That user had WAY too much free time on their hands.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 11:56:29 am »

Here are some examples of the slides:

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 09:55:52 am »

I'd Be interested in this as well.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 02:13:53 pm »

I received the Screen Play cd last week and started looking through it today. There are a lot of slides! Many slides are trivia with a question slide and an answer slide. How can I create a smartlist that chooses random slides, but always keeps the question with the answer?

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 02:23:31 pm »

Off the top of my head, I'd say to tag each Q & A pair with the same Album name (yeah, a lot of work).  Then, tag all the Questions as questions in some field, or tag all questions as track 1 and answers as track 2.  Finally, create a smartlist that grabs some number of items tagged as questions/track 1 and use the full albums modifier to pull in the matching answers.

-John

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 04:22:07 pm »

Off the top of my head, I'd say to tag each Q & A pair with the same Album name (yeah, a lot of work).  Then, tag all the Questions as questions in some field, or tag all questions as track 1 and answers as track 2.
Great idea! The filenames are currently bondtrivia1a.jpg, bondtrivia1b.jpg, bondtrivia2a.jpg, bondtrivia2b.jpg, etc. I am trying to use Fill Properties From Filename to populate the album field. Is there a way to fill properties by selecting the filename portion before the a.jpg or b.jpg? Then I could automatically create album tags called bondtrivia1, bondtrivia2, bondtrivia3, etc.

Edit:  How do I use the RemoveRight function to accomplish this task?
Pages: [1]   Go Up