INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MIX modifier and smartlists  (Read 1747 times)

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.
MIX modifier and smartlists
« on: June 21, 2007, 09:27:32 pm »

Is it possible to use the MIX modifier with smartlists somehow?
I tried the following an it doesn't seem to work:
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~limit=-1,10,[Artist] ~mix=150,40%,{p="Smartlists:Favorites:Usera"},40%,{p="Smartlists:Favorites:Userb"},20%,{p="Smartlists:Favorites:All Others"} ~nodup=[Album],[Artist],[Name],[Track #] ~sort=[Random]

Do I need to specify the smartlists differently, or I'm stuck using the playist id like this:
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~limit=-1,10,[Artist] ~mix=150,40%,{playlistid==470489775 },40%,{playlistid==956469428},20%,{playlistid==86700098} ~nodup=[Album],[Artist],[Name],[Track #] ~sort=[Random]

This does work, but is a bit annoying...

FYI, what I did was create a Group under Playlists->Smartlists called Favorites.  In this group I created a smartlist for each person in my family to modify however they please to list their favorite artists/albums/genres/songs.  Then, I created another smartlist called "All Others" that is all songs that are not in one of the user Favorites smartlists and are also not in the Holiday, Comedy, ... genre and are rated > 2.  Finally, this smartlist randomly picks 10 songs from each artist in my library and mixes them down to 150 tracks with 40% in Usera's favorites, 40% in Userb's favorites, and 20% from the "All Others" smarlist to throw in some variety.  Finally it removes any duplicates (not sure how there would be any, but it seems to happen some times) and randomize the list.

This make it easy to kick off a single smartlist when I get home to play music we tend to listen to plus a bit of the stuff we like, but never seem to pick if we have to make a list by hand.

-John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MIX modifier and smartlists
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 09:32:46 pm »

Try using slashes instead of colons in the playlist paths.

Someday ~mix will be available wiith the wizard, but it's complicated since it's actually a series of individual smartlists or rule sets.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

skeeterfood

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 09:50:01 pm »

Try using slashes instead of colons in the playlist paths.

Thanks, I'll try that.
I assumed I needed to use colons, since that was how the Playlists rule shows them...

-John

skeeterfood

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 09:54:04 pm »

OK, this works:
~mix=150,40%,{p="Smartlists\Favorites\Usera"},40%,{p="Smartlists\Favorites\Userb"},20%,{p="Smartlists\Favorites\All Others"}

So it looks like \ are used to separated the tree levels.

Thanks!

-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up