INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about moving from folder.jpg to Artist - Album for cover art  (Read 1545 times)

simonmason

• World Citizen

I am in the process of upgrading from Media Center 11 to 12.  In 11, I had selected the image option to store a folder.jpg in each folder.  I have already run into the limitations with this when I have multple albums stored in the same directory.  As I installed 12 I want to use the Artist - Album format for cover art.  Any ideas on how I can convert my folder.jpg images into the Artist-Album.jpg?  Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

MC doesn't have an automatic tool for what you ask. You would need to do the following steps manually:

- Remove cover art links (don't remove the cover art files)
- Rename the cover art files
- Add cover art to your music files.

Possibly you can use MC for renaming the cover art files if your current folder paths contain Artist and Album info. In that case you can import the image files to MC's database and use the Fill Properties From Filename and Rename Files From Properties tools for changing the names. Otherwise the procedure would be a nice typing exercise.

In any case you should use the [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album].jpg naming rule. This is needed with multiple artists albums. If the album has only one artist the [Album Artist (auto)] value is the same as the [Artist] value (by default).

Also, to make MC's album logic work properly you should keep each album in a separate folder.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up