INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone support?  (Read 3706 times)

Cheburashka

• Junior Woodchuck
iPhone support?
« on: June 29, 2007, 11:07:47 pm »

When?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPhone support?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:54:34 am »

If?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

craft

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:22:02 pm »

null

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:25:09 pm »

so?

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 03:28:12 pm »

When iPhone support?
When iPhone?
A day without laughing is a day without living

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 01:35:03 am »

Anyone from J River been camping in a tent for 2 days before friday :)?

Osho

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 02:17:05 am »

You really didn't need to... My local AT&T store still has plenty of them.  From what I read, if you have a Apple Store around, they're almost guaranteed to still have some.  (Not really due to lack of sales -- they were just very well stocked apparently, teh Steve not wanting any badish "unavailable" press.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 09:37:33 am »

We picked one up.  We'll know more about supporting it next week.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

benn600

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 12:43:36 pm »

From what I've heard, you need iTunes to set it up and it almost requires iTunes for everything.  I really would like MC to support syncing music, contacts (with thunderbird, etc.), Calendar (with Sunbird, etc.), video, pictures...that would be nice.

I was going to buy one but decided not to based on price and that I wouldn't know how well it would work...I really don't want to install iTunes.

Cheburashka

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 05:43:50 pm »

Yeah.  I'd be happy if jriver could just sync the music (and I could sync contacts etc. w/ iTunes). 

benn600

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 07:35:28 pm »

That would be okay, too, but video and pictures would be a must.

PeterS

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 11:59:57 am »

Hi
I'm sending this message from an iPhone using the built-in Safari browser. Very slick!

benn600

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 01:43:54 pm »

Lucky.  I just ordered mine at my local AT&T store.  They were thinking it could be pretty fast but who knows.  They only got 30 in on Friday.  I'm glad I didn't go in for the rush.  Today there was hardly a person in there and it went very well....except for the big payout.  That's a lot of money that a lot of people are all spending at the same time.

Just on a curious note.  Would there ever be a chance that credit card companies would literally run out of money to handle all those "credit" based transactions?  That's ~$700 times 250,000 as initial estimates were claiming.  That's $175 million that was literally spent in an hour...probably small compared to the scope of just normal purchases on credit cards, but I'm curious.

I may have to sync MC with a folder -> mp3's that can be then synced with my iPhone via iTunes.  I'm looking forward to any MC updates to help support the iPhone.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 01:55:07 pm »

Until they make it out of flubber there is no way I'd buy one.  Not very grippy.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 03:32:37 pm »

Until they make it out of flubber there is no way I'd buy one.  Not very grippy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flubber
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Cheburashka

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 05:12:00 pm »

Just on a curious note.  Would there ever be a chance that credit card companies would literally run out of money to handle all those "credit" based transactions?  That's ~$700 times 250,000 as initial estimates were claiming.  That's $175 million that was literally spent in an hour...probably small compared to the scope of just normal purchases on credit cards, but I'm curious.

No.  This is totally and completely off topic, but...  Its impossible for an economy to "run out of money."  The credit extended by the credit card companies is itself creating money; when a credit card company grants someone an additional 2000 limit, they've created 2000 dollars. 

It would theoretically be possible for the banks backing the credit cards to reach their reserving limit. By law they're required to maintain deposits in a ratio to the amount of money they lend (I think its on the order of 1% these days).  If they exceeded that limit and the government failed to raise it, then there would be a "run" on the bank of the kind that occurred in the early days of the depression.

Can we refocus on iPhone syncing now?  Thanks.

benn600

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 05:19:48 pm »

I simply failed to make the connection that credit cards are basically just bank loans, which I understood were treated as you described.  I guess I just created $630!

This is just like my iPaq progression.  I have purchased three iPaq's over the years and kept 2 of them.  The first I kept was $650 and the second was $550 or so.  It's just a continuation except this time, I'm adding $60 a month, which I am no where near used to paying.  I'm mainly interested in it for the internet.  Plus all the media features which I would just expect with a device of this size (screen).  I'm not sure how it compares but I'm sure my iPaq HX4700 comes very close in screen quality...in fact, my iPaq has a very high resolution 4" screen...larger and higher res than the iPhone.

We all want MC syncing with the iPhone, though, so let's get back on topic as Cheburashka said.

dcwebman

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 05:07:22 am »

I have one of these on my iPod and it's fantastic: http://www.bestskinsever.com/
It does give it some grip plus makes it practically indestructible from scratches. I see they even have a iPhone version out already. Certainly can't beat the price.
Jeff

benn600

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 10:38:03 pm »

I find this case incredible:
http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products-iPod-Nano-ToughSkin/dp/B000IZC19A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6/103-3634574-2123806?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1183520170&sr=8-6

Very simple rubber with a plastic screen cover.  It was free after rebate and it was the easiest rebate I have ever completed--all online.  It's the greatest case I could have ever hoped for--exactly what my needs were after.  Something that stays on it and is solid to provide some peace of mind that it is protected.  The design keeps it in my hand well.

My iPhone shipped!  I should have it in a few days!  VERY anxious!
Pages: [1]   Go Up