INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Bug  (Read 2634 times)

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Tagging Bug
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:56:51 am »

I have a viewing scheme with the following panes: genre, country, artist, album;

* From the country pane I select "Unassigned" so all artists which do not have a country assigned will be listed.
    * Now I select an Artist e.g. "Joe" - the list below shows up all songs from "Joe" with "Unassigned" country - still OK.
    * Now I click back on the country pane to "Unassigned" and try to give "Joe" a meaningful country e.g. "Britain".
    * Now MC wants to tag all files from the viewing scheme instead of only tagging "Joe" with "Unassigned" country.

I hope this explanation is understandable ...
Additional Info: My viewing scheme is configured as "Filter in both directions".
many thx

Try doing step 1 and 2, then selecting all files listed.
If the country you would like to apply is visible in the pane already, click inside the little square box you should now see to the right of your chosen country, say "Yes" to enable tagging mode, and you're done.
If the country is not in the pane already, click in the little square tick box you should see beside "New Country", say "Yes" to enable tagging mode and I think you'll be OK on your own from there.
(F4 toggles tagging mode on and off)
If not, start a new thread and we'll take it from there.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Tagging Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 03:01:22 am »

To marko:

Additional info: step 3 is done by clicking on "Unassigned" an then F2.

If I select the files before it works OK - the major issue is that if I don't it tags all files from the scheme and not only the ones from the list below. This is a misunderstanding of "what you see is what you get" and I don't want to think of how many times I've tagged more files then I wanted to ...

regards
thomas

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 04:40:21 am »

OK.
To make this work as you expect it to, you need to select "Joe" first, then "Unassigned", then you can F2 and edit.

If Unassigned is your starting point, then at that point, all unassigned files are selected for further filtering. If you select Joe, then Joe's unassigned files will be listed and you can select those and work on their tags, but not by F2ing "Unassigned" in the pane, as that is the start point of your selection and covers all unassigned files.

-marko.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:44:05 am »

Thx, Yeah - you're right - that way round it works. Ok - with Country it might doesn't matter because Joe is always from the same country. What if I replace Country with e.g. Genre - in that case you mess up regardless what you select first.

The second point you meant that Unassigned is my "start point" - yes from a programmers point of view - but not from a users point of view - the user is misleaded from the list below. It happened to me so it will happen to others as well.

tom

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:24:52 am »

OK.
To make this work as you expect it to, you need to select "Joe" first, then "Unassigned", then you can F2 and edit.

If Unassigned is your starting point, then at that point, all unassigned files are selected for further filtering. If you select Joe, then Joe's unassigned files will be listed and you can select those and work on their tags, but not by F2ing "Unassigned" in the pane, as that is the start point of your selection and covers all unassigned files.

-marko.

That would as well imply that the user has to remember which pane he selected first - isn't that a bit strange behaviour?
Pages: [1]   Go Up